Edgar Allan Poe Mask
- Full-Head Mask
- Slits for eyes, nose and ears
- May contain natural latex
- NOTE: THIS ITEM IS NOT RETURNABLE IF YOU HAVE OPENED THE PACKAGE
The Tell-Tale Hit
There are so many reasons to love the classic "master of horror" Edgar Allan Poe. Where would we be without this author? Without the hit, "The Raven" that is read in grade schools throughout the world? That would be such a boring, cheerful world where Halloween readings are centered on orange pumpkins and silly skeletons. This poet has been influencing authors that have provided us with spine tingles for a healthy century now. From The Pit and the Pendulum to The Mask of the Red Death, Poe captured the dread that lies dormant in all of us that is waiting to escape. Better to vent that anxiety while reading a story than while you're driving in morning traffic, right? So, this Halloween, it's time to pay tribute to the godfather of gothic, the father of fear: our man, Edgar Allan Poe.
With thick, black locks molded from a flexible, movable material, this mask fits over your head, letting you instantly transform into the distinguished author. You won't even need to write a classic to be recognized as the haunted genius of the macabre that everyone knows and loves. With a contemplative expression and a black and gray color theme, this mask has the look of the ghost of Mr. Poe, visiting our world for one last reading of The Raven.
Something Worth "Raven" About
This costume is perfect for library events, Halloween parties, and even ghost tours. Want to make this a look no one will ever forget? Make your costume complete with a suit or dress vest, a raven on your shoulder, and maybe a book under your arm just in case you meet a fan that insists on an impromptu reading. A boring Halloween costume that fades into the ordinary? Nevermore.
- Great Poe maskBy Anonymous | May 12, 2020This is going onto a life-sized animatronic. Should work perfectly: well made, easily identifiable likeness. Thanks! Great details referencing Poe stories are subtly hidden in the hair: a raven, a black cat and an anatomical heart. Not sure I have found them all yet. Sneaky, creepy and GREAT.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...That's so cool! We're glad that this Edgar Allan Poe mask will be a part of such an interesting project. Thanks for the picture and the detailed review letting us know about all the story details molded into the piece!
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | January 31, 2022Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- OUTSTANDING LIKENESS / CLEVER COIFFUREBy sh | September 19, 2020This mask will be a prop for me because the molded hair is so cleverly designed, incorporating an anatomical heart, raven and cat into Poe's hair cut. It totally took me by surprise how much detail is in this flexible mask. Yet from a distance, it appears like his ordinary hair. Easy to put on and take off, over your head, if you do want to wear it. But I hope to make a mannequin of Poe to sit in a wing chair, his books nearby. This mask is perfect for that, just need to find a body and hopefully vintage period clothing to suit my writer in residence.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Thanks for leaving such a detailed review of this Edgar Allen Poe mask! We hope he inspires some seriously dreary (in a good way) writing. Feel free to tag us in any photos when your Poe figure is finished. We'd love to feature him on this page!
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | December 27, 2018Quality Mask!Was this review helpful to you?