Betsy Ross Costume Dress for Women
- Dress: 98% polyester, 2% cotton
- Hidden zipper down center back of the dress
- Pullover dress has lace edging around the collar
- White bow is attached on the front of the dress
- Tulle fabric attached on the hips under the dress
- White shawl w/ white lace edging
- Velvet fabric choker w/ white lacing
- Bonnet has velvet fabric w/ bow attached around the rim
- American flag has 13 stars on it
- Exclusive, made by us!
Making a Mark
Think about it. With nothing more than a few bolts of cloth, some thread, and some nimble fingers, Betsy Ross created one of the most iconic symbols in all of American history. It's had a few updates since the very first flag was crafted in 1776, but the basic design remains mostly unchanged since then. After all, why mess with perfection, right? She was one of the first women to leave their mark in America and we think that's pretty cool! It's why we decided to make a costume based on the iconic figure!
Our costume designers look at classic paintings of Betsy Ross to draw inspiration for this historical costume for women, and they did a great job of creating a look that captures her sense of ingenuity!
Design & Details
This Betsy Ross Costume for women will help you carry on the legacy of one of America's most amazing women! It starts with a blue floral dress that has a white skirt on the front portion. The dress has lace on the sleeves to help give it an authentic look. The costume also comes with a white shawl that fits around your shoulders and ties in front. The included choker is blue to match the dress and fits around your neck. Finally, the white hat brings the whole look together by giving you a colonial style that looks like it came straight from the American Revolution!
Perfect for July 4th!
If you love history, then you might want to recreate the iconic moment when Betsy created the first U.S. flag! Of course, this costume also works great if you plan on celebrating the 4th of July, or as an outfit for the plays and pageants! Just be sure to pair this costume up with a classic American Flag (not included) to finish the look.
|Small||Dress Length||295 1/2"||751cm|
|Medium||Dress Length||60 1/2"||154cm|
|Large||Sleeve Length||14 1/4"||36cm|
|Large||Shawl Width||13 3/4"||35cm|
|X-Large||Sleeve Length||14 1/2"||37cm|
|X-Large||Dress Length||61 1/2"||156cm|
|X-Large||Shawl Width||13 3/4"||35cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | April 13, 2022This is a really nice costume. However, the tulle underneath is quite scratchy. Adding some fabric should help.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Pretty but extremely scratchyBy Catherine | September 25, 2020Height 5’4 | Weight 135 | Size LargeFits fine and beautiful. But the netting used to provide volume to the hips is insanely scratchy. It feels like it should have been sewn in between the top and bottom layers. But it is unwearable as is. I would cut it out but it would leave sharp edges anyway. So I have to find some kind of shapewear or something very thin to protect my skin.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?