- We've added a section about submitting product reviews
Table Of Contents
- Changes to This Policy
- Who We Are
- How This Policy Applies
- Information We Collect
- Product Reviews
- How We Use This Information
- How This Information Is Shared
- Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
- Data Retention
- Contact Information
- California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights
- Children’s Online Privacy
- European Union Residents
We are Fun.com, Inc., owned and operated in North Mankato, Minnesota, USA. We provide online shopping for a variety of specialty products on the following websites:
- Additional themed costume sites
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed, or if you have any questions or feedback, please contact Fun.com, Inc. here.
We collect the following personal information from you when you place an order:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, shipping address, phone number
- Billing Information such as billing address and credit card information
- The company name of your business, when shipping to a business address
We collect the following personal information from you when you sign up for an account:
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number, password
- Contact Information such as name, shipping address, phone number
- Billing Information such as billing address
We collect the following personal information from you when you sign up for our product notifications or marketing emails:
- Email address
We collect the following personal information from you when you contact our customer service department via the contact us form or live chat:
- Name, email address, and order number
You may decline to provide us with your information in any of these cases. However, this will limit your ability to register for an account, receive emails, or to place an order.
As is true of most websites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, and your interaction with different pages of our website. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
- Bronto (our email provider)
- Certona (product recommendations we show on our website)
- Google Analytics (tracks how customers use our website)
Additionally, we partner with third-parties to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on our website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. These platforms include:
- Bing Remarketing
- Facebook Remarketing
- Google Adwords Remarketing
- Google Dynamic Remarketing
Finally, our website includes Social Media features, such as the Facebook Like button, and widgets, such as the Share This button or interactive mini-programs that run on our website. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly.
Fun.com, Inc. values your feedback and invites you to rate and review any purchases made on our websites. If you choose to write a review, please be sure to explain why you like or dislike the product, focusing on the product’s features and your experience with the product. If you upload a photo or video along with your review, please read through the Photo Sharing terms and conditions below, as they do apply to all submissions. If you’re looking to comment about product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery or any other issues related to ordering or website maintenance, please contact our customer service.
CUSTOMER SERVICE HOURS:
Monday - Thursday
7 a.m. - 7 p.m. CST
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- You keep all of your ownership rights to any photograph or other content but give Fun.com, Inc. permission to use the photograph as determined by Fun.com, Inc. By submitting, or otherwise agreeing to our use of, a photograph or other content, including but not limited to photo captions and your name, (collectively, “Content”), you grant Fun.com, Inc. the worldwide, unrestricted, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable right to (a) publish, publicly display and perform, modify, edit, alter and otherwise use the Content in whole or in part, without further consent, review or participation from you, for any purpose throughout the world (including commercial and promotional) in any medium or format now existing or hereafter created, including but not limited to print or recorded material, websites, and social media platforms; and (b) use your name, commentary, and other information about you in connection with the Content. Fun.com, Inc. reserves the right to use, not use, or discontinue using any Content in our sole discretion at any time.
- You agree not to submit any Content that: a. Infringes any intellectual property rights of any other person or third party, including but not limited to copyright and trademark. b. Defames or invades the privacy or publicity rights of any person, living or deceased, or infringes upon any person’s or third party’s personal, property, or other right. c. Is inappropriate, sexually explicit, harassing, abusive, harmful, violent, or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way. d. Contains any virus, worm, corrupt file, or other forms of malicious code or content that may harm a website or computer. e. Violates any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation. f. Contains advertising, spam, references to other websites or retailers. g. Contains personal information such as e-mail addresses, phone numbers or physical addresses.
If you have a disagreement with Fun.com, Inc. or believe that any of your Content has been used without your permission or in violation of your rights, you can reach Fun.com, Inc. at:
2080 Lookout Drive
North Mankato, MN 56003
We only use the information you provide to us for the specific purpose which you provided it to us – for example, we will not send you marketing emails because you initiated a live chat with customer service. We will use your information to:
- Fulfill your order
- Send you an order confirmation email
- Send you a shipping notification email
- Administer your account or process returns and refunds
- Send you product or service information emails, if requested
- Send you marketing communications, if requested
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our website and marketing efforts
- Display content based upon your interests
We will never (nor will we allow any third-party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personal Information of visitors to our website. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google, nor will Google link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personal Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
If you would like to opt out of being tracked using Google Analytics on any website, then simply head over to Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on and install the add-on in your browsers.
The third-party analytics platforms that we use on our website may set cookies on your computer. We utilize these technologies to analyze shopping and buying trends, to track users' interactions with the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole in order to provide an optimized shopping experience and relevant product recommendations. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis. These cookies are optional; our website will function and you can place an order, though the content you see on the website may not be as relevant.
Our third-party advertising partners may use technologies such as cookies or beacons to gather information about your activities on our website. This information is used when you leave our website and visit a site that uses the same advertising partner. That website will then display product advertising to you based upon your browsing activities and interests while you were on our website. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Your browser may give you the ability to control the cookies that are set on your computer. If you block or delete cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some features or areas of our site may be limited. To find out more about how to enable, disable, or delete cookies from your web browser, please visit here.
Our website offers a publicly accessible blog or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access it. The blog is moderated and you may have comments made by yourself removed by contacting us.
Any time you write a product review, the details of the review and the manner of which you identified yourself will be publicly accessible to anyone who views our product pages. Any information you provide may be read, collected, used, or responded to by others who access it. Product reviews are moderated and you may have reviews or comments made by yourself removed by contacting us.
All other information you provide to us will not be shared publicly.
We may provide your personal information to trusted third-party companies that provide services to fulfill your order, such as fraud detection and investigation, credit card processing, and order shipping. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. These services include:
- ThreatMetrix (fraud protection)
- Signifyd (fraud protection)
- PayPal (credit card processing)
- Amazon Pay (credit card processing)
- Matrix Payments (credit card processing)
- Sezzle (“pay later” payment method)
- FedEx (address validation and shipping service)
- UPS (address validation and shipping service)
- USPS (shipping service)
When you come to our website via a link on one of our affiliates' websites, we are obliged to notify them of the transaction so that they can be paid a commission – this is known as conversion tracking. Your personal information is not transferred to these affiliates. Some of our affiliates include:
- Commission Junction
Our ordering system and shopping cart database is hosted on server hardware supplied by our IT solutions provider. When we collect your shipping and billing information directly from you for the purpose of processing your order, it is saved on this hardware. Our solution provider does not have access to view your data but does perform administrative functions on the server hardware used to collect it.
We may also disclose your personal information
- as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process, or respond to a government request,
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or in the case of possible criminal acts or security threats,
- if Fun.com, Inc. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- to any other third-party with your prior consent to do so
To review, delete or update your personal information to ensure it is accurate or if you no longer desire our service, please sign in to the My Account area of the website and use the self-service tools, or you may contact us.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, you can sign in to the My Account area of the website and use the self-service tools, or you may contact us. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
We take security seriously, and the security of your personal data is important to us. When we collect personal information directly from you, we follow industry-standard practices to protect the data, both during transmission and once we receive it – including full-site SSL. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us.
In the event of a data breach, we have a protocol in place for handling the breach and notifying customers and the supervisory authority. We do not store any credit card information when your card is authorized during checkout, so there isn't a chance of your card information being stolen in a data breach after your order is placed.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, please contact us. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
We also collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized information which we may retain indefinitely to protect the safety and security of our website, improve our services, or comply with legal obligations.
You can contact us by phone, mail or email:
2080 Lookout Drive
North Mankato, MN 56003
(Monday - Thursday
7 a.m. - 7 p.m. CST
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
Under California law, our customers that are California residents may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes. As detailed above, we do not share our customer's personal information with unaffiliated third-parties for direct marketing purposes without their approval.
If at any time you wish to opt out of having your personal information shared with third-parties and/or receiving information from Fun.com, Inc. (via e-mail or postal mail) about new products, services, or promotions, you can do so. You can contact us through our contact form. Please indicate what publications or services you no longer wish to receive so that we may better address your needs.
Our website is not marketed to, nor do we knowingly collect or store personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately.
Data protection law in Europe requires a lawful basis for collecting and retaining personal information from citizens or residents of the European Economic Area. Our lawful bases include:
- Contract: in order to fulfil the contract we have with you to provide the product/service that you requested, we need to use your personal data to charge your payment and to ship goods to you.
- Legal obligation: we may need your data to comply with customs requests or to maintain tax audit records.
- Legitimate interests: we have a good and fair reason to use your data in ways that are reasonably expected as part of running our business and that do not materially impact your rights, freedom, or interests. For example, we use identity, device, and location information to prevent fraud and to keep our services secure. And we analyze how users interact with our website so that we can better understand which features and design elements are working well and which are not working.
Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in the active user database instantly, we may retail some information for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, for audit and compliance records, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
At any time prior to us shipping out your order, you may withdraw your consent to process your data by contacting us and we will cancel your order. Once an order has shipped we are unable to cancel the processing of your data, but you have the same right to access, correct, delete, or obtain a copy of your data at any time using our self-service tools or by contacting us. Additionally, you have the ability to opt-out from all performance, social media, and advertising cookies on our website by using the Cookie Settings link on the bottom of all pages of our website.