Roman Gladiator Costume
The great Roman gladiators of the time, although slaves, were very well treated for the most part. They were fed well and received the best medical attention money could buy. After all, they were both warriors and entertainers for the Roman people.
Who wants to watch a couple weak and hungry dudes slap each other around. We wouldn't (although to be fair we're not sure we'd actually want to watch a real gladiator fight either). These powerful fighters took on not only each other in the ring but lions, tigers, even bears! I know what you're thinking, "oh my!" (You were waiting for that, weren't you?) "I could never be one of those fearsome brawlers!" Well, we're here to say that you absolutely can...look exactly like one of those battling brutes!
Fight the good Halloween fight in this Roman Gladiator Costume! Wear the ancient armor of the most brutal group of fighters since the Spartans! (And yes, among other exotic peoples, Spartans fought as gladiators.) Which weapons will you choose? A net and spear (difficult to work but deadly for catching enemies by surprise), Dual swords (flashy and full of offense but hard to block javelins!), or will you pick up the age old classic pairing of the sword and shield? This costume comes with a pullover tunic, body armor that attaches with Velcro, faux suede armbands, a matching headband, foam shin guards, as well as a molded plastic medallion. Add Roman sandals to complete the look and let the crowd go wild with the entertainment you provide! We'd recommend just looking really good in this armor instead of actually fighting since it's not quite as sturdy as what the real deal was! But hey, maybe looks will win the crowd, it's happened before!
- 100% polyester interlock knit & faux suede; 100% polyurethane foam
- Beige interlock knee-length pullover tunic has boat neck & cap sleeves
- Body armor has black foam chest piece that fastens to tunic w/ Velcro at shoulders & around waist w/ fabric ties
- Chest piece has gold piping, molded vinyl belts attached to front, faux suede lappets hanging from waist, cape sewn to shoulders
- Foam shoulder guard has gold piping, Velcro strip to fasten to cape
- Faux suede arm bands fasten w/ Velcro; faux suede wrist guards slide on
- Faux suede headband has silver-tone studs, elastic band at back
- Black foam shin guards have silver-tone studs, Velcro straps
- Molded plastic medallion fastens w/ included safety pin
- Also available in plus size
- Body Armor w/ Attached Cape
- Shoulder Guard
- Pair of Arm Bands
- Pair of Wrist Guards
- Pair of Shin Guards
|Small||Chest||48" - 50"||122cm - 127cm|
|Small||Tunic Back Length||46"||117cm|
|Medium||Chest||50" - 54"||127cm - 137cm|
|Medium||Tunic Back Length||44"||112cm|
|Large||Chest||52" - 56"||132cm - 142cm|
|Large||Tunic Back Length||45"||114cm|
|X-Large||Chest||54" - 58"||137cm - 147cm|
|X-Large||Tunic Back Length||47"||119cm|
illustration, down to the last detail. Of course I had also ordered the shield and sword
which are not part of the basic costume. I have a size 44 chest, and could well have
ordered a "Small" size instead of the "Medium" size, but the costume fitted remarkably
well. Needless to say I was surprised and impressed with the admiring attention the
costume received (I wore it to an adult "Toga" party). I have understated that fact:
It won the first prize in every category. The materials used are of very good quality
as costume materials are rated. Consider me "pleased".
He's 5:10 and 200 pounds and size 38 waist and this fit him perfectly and he still had plenty of room to move around without it being tight or restrictive so great costume.