Gold Snake Armband
- Gold Armband
- Gold-tone metal spiral
- Snake head & tail curve up & down from band
- Size adjustable by bending wire
Back in ancient Egypt, the cobra was an important symbol. The snake-headed Meretseger was a vengeful goddess who protected the tombs of great leaders, and the cobra was an important symbol of the power of the pharaohs. But as much as Egyptians cherished and respected them for their power and beauty, they also feared the cobra because, well, it’s a cobra. Those things are just plain dangerous, royal icons or not.
If you’re going to adorn yourself with venomous snakes, it’s best to stick to the decorative, non-bitey variety. Snake-styled jewelry was another favorite of those ancient Egyptians, and it’s still a timeless look today. It makes sense, really. The physical design of a snake is more or less perfect for any kind of wrap-around apparel. Take this dazzling armband, for instance, featuring a cobra head at one end and tapering down into a pointed tail at the other. The gold-tone metal spiral winds around your arm and is easily adjustable just by bending the wire. Whether you consider real-life snakes something to worship or something to keep the heck away from, this is a pretty piece to add to any ancient-inspired costume.
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Four StarsBy NathalieStaats-Kas | October 25, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 20, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- BEST LOOKING ACCESSORY!By Current Customer | October 28, 2017This band added the finished touch to the costume. It is a must have! You got to have it with it! It was comfortable and no problem with them! They were awesome!Was this review helpful to you?
- GreatBy C.D. | September 7, 2016It's a great piece to accessorize your costume.Was this review helpful to you?
- The worst. Slipped off!By Anonymous | November 4, 2014It was never secure around my arm and constantly slipped off. Not worth the purchase. Finally just ended up taking off out of frustration.Was this review helpful to you?