Women's Anne Boleyn Costume
- Women's Anne Boleyn Costume
- 100% polyester velvet, tapestry, chiffon, satin & tulle
- Velvet dress has back zipper, tapestry skirt inset panel & sleeve cuffs
- Square neckline embellished w/ braid, rosettes & faux pearls
- Tapestry sleeve cuffs have chiffon ruffles
- Belt matches neckline braid trim; tie as desired
- Velvet headpiece decorated w/ braid & faux pearls, has tulle drape at back & plastic headband for stability
- Crinoline has elastic waist, satin base layer w/ stiff tiers of ruffled tulle
Ruling England during the beginning of the 1500s was never an easy task. It was almost impossible not to get caught up in all the politics and danger of the court. Just spending a single day around it is enough to make someone lose their head. Taking care of the peasants and making sure you don't anger the rest of the royal families is difficult enough, but you even have to know exactly how to dress properly at all times!
Anne Boleyn understood this all too well. She began in relatively humble roots as far as royal standards go, but to us, it was quite the lap of luxury. She was the daughter of an earl, a middle ranking noble, and was able to study in both France and the Netherlands in her younger years. She was betrothed to a few people that various church officials would refuse to officiate for strange reasons, but that never got her down. She moved up to be the maid of honor to the queen where the king himself fell head over heels for her! We think that when the king of a country (or anyone for that matter) excommunicates himself from the largest religion of the time, and creates his own church for you, you know that it's the truest of all loves. There's no possible way something that intense is going to end badly, right?
In order to help you find your own gallant ruler, we've decided to take a little weight off of your shoulders. This beautiful dress is a wonderful inspiration of one that the one and only Miss Boleyn herself would wear around the castle, and is sure to have you stand out at the next costume or old English themed party!
|Small||Dress Length||65 3/8"||166cm|
|Medium||Sleeve Length||29 1/2"||75cm|
|Medium||Dress Length||65 3/8"||166cm|
|Large||Sleeve Length||30 1/2"||77cm|
|Large||Dress Length||66 1/2"||169cm|
|X-Large||Sleeve Length||31 1/2"||80cm|
|X-Large||Dress Length||68 1/2"||174cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Exceeded ExpectationsBy Anonymous | October 27, 2017I’ve grown accustomed to lowering my expectations when it comes to Halloween costumes. No hems, thin fabrics, etc... but that was NOT the case here! The dress is heavy with velvet and brocade and even came with a crinoline, which I also hadn’t expected. VERY pleased with this product and can say that it’s worth the cost!Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy barbara c hillenmayer | October 9, 2021Height 5’2”Most beautiful costume I have ever purchased!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Beautiful dress, headpiece falls apartBy Anonymous | September 29, 2021The dress is gorgeous. The head piece would be, too, but the pearls were glued on instead of sewn on, and a cheap glue was used, so when the dress arrive, half the pearls had already come out in the bag and the fabric was already 1/3 the way off the plastic headband. The pearls have holes, so I’m going to see them on and do some tacking with hot glue. Otherwise beautiful.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | May 19, 2021We loved the costume.
However, the head piece was broken when we received it.
Otherwise , beautiful costume.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Very nice, minor issueBy Abby | October 23, 2020Height 5'1 | Size MediumVery good quality, french hood is perfect and dress is great. Came with a petticoat that isn't great but I find it works if you flip it inside out or wear a skirt over it to flatten it out. Overall, would recommend.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- FAB!!!!!By classylittleone | October 9, 2020Height 5'7" | Weight 132 | Size SmallThis costume is FAB!!! It far exceeded my expectations! It's beautifully made and very heavy material. Lovely velvet and brocade. It even has the crinoline with it. I originally ordered a M but it was far too big for me...just too roomy even with the belt.
This is the first time in my life that I have EVER spent money for a Halloween Costume. But I wanted to have some real fun this year...It's been such a weird year that even if my kiddos and I can't go trick or treating...we will be having a fun party at home with baking, candy, and movies and costumes!! YEAH!! This costume will last for many years to come!! Love it!!!!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Almost Professional QualityBy Current Customer | October 8, 2019Darn close to a theatrical costume, heavy weight and well made. Cleaned up a loose thread, reglued part of the headband. Looks terrific! True to size, 5'6" 135# Medium.Was this review helpful to you?
- 2018 CostumesBy Current Customer | November 11, 2018The quality and design of our costumes were very good. Costume sizing was accurate and to American standards. We had many, many compliments and will wear these several more times. Shipping was timely, 2-day just as promised. Our only complaint (and this is major) is that an employee stole our credit and debit card information and emptied my debit card account.Was this review helpful to you?
- Best costume I have gotten in years!By Anonymous | September 27, 2018This is a fabulous costume, great quality and the price was worth it (especially with a coupon code and free shipping). Unlike most costumes, this seems to run large - I am a 6-8 and normally get a medium but had to return it for a small. Love this and can't wait to wear it! (Also love the costume descriptions on this site, they are frequently clever/funny )Was this review helpful to you?
- Anne Boleyn costumeBy Anonymous | January 8, 2018I am pleased with the costume and the delivery service. The costume was put together very well, and is just a beautiful as the picture. The colors are striking! There are some beads missing from the headpiece. Not a big deal, as I can probably find some, and glue them on. This item is well worth the money!Was this review helpful to you?
- Anne Boleyn costumeBy Anonymous | November 2, 2017Historically accurate, quality costume! I wore it this year and EVERYONE loved it.. I have also bought several flapper costumes and they are made very well also. Love this company!Was this review helpful to you?
- Great CostumeBy Current Customer | September 28, 2016This costume was much better than I expected. The fabric felt heavy and rich, detailing was well sewn. I didn't anticipate a costume this nice from an on line store. Ordered several others as well (couldn't decide from photos on line, wanted to try them) and 2 of the 3 exceeded. One was ok, not the best quality but still good. I kept the Anne Boleyn. Loved it!!!!Was this review helpful to you?