Disney Hercules Megara Womens Costume
- 100% polyester
- Dress is a pull over with hook and loop fastener on the back
- Layered glitter fabric
- Belt has hook and loop fastener
- Belt has draped fabric
- Officially licensed
No shrinking violet
While some Disney heroines come from royal backgrounds, sing to birds, and live for a good ball, one of our favorite ladies from the world of Disney checks absolutely zero of those boxes. Her origin story stems from the underworld. She sold her soul to Hades to bring back her deceased boyfriend who then left her for another. That's a lot of flaws for a Disney heroine! But that's the thing, Megara makes mistakes. That's what makes her so likable. She looks at her world with an edge. And when a hero shows up looking to save her she lets him know that she's able to tie her own sandals, despite the hero's baby blues. And yeah, Megara gets elected to betray Hercules but in the end, she sacrifices herself to save him. That kind of courage is not the trait of a shrinking violet, despite the hue of her gorgeous dress.
This gown will make you feel like you're part of an epic adventure. The top is finely pleated with sheer, sparkly fabric. The neckline nods to Megara's Greek background with swirling medallions on each side. It has both an empire cut and a satin-textured sash in the middle, accenting your waist. The skirt is layered with sheer pleated sparkly fabric and a solid purple base. Top the whole look off with our Megara wig and you'll be ready to set off on your own epic adventure.
You Tie Your Own Sandals
Want to get in touch with your Disney heroine side with a sassy twist? Megara is a great choice to let your saucier side run free. So tighten your sandals and sharpen up your own comeback skills that you can throw out even when you're struggling to escape a monster's paw. Whether you're heading for Hades or a costume party, this costume will be a hit with Hercules fans, everywhere!
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- As shown in photo!By Graty | December 21, 2018This dress was just as shown in the photo and I couldn't have been happier with it! The material is not chintzy at all - I was very surprised as most costumes can be poorly made. The belt was a bit awkward as it stuck out a bit, but that's how it is in the movie. Overall, this dress exceeded my expectations and I am so pleased!Was this review helpful to you?
- Better than I expectedBy Anonymous | November 17, 2018With every Disney costume I purchase, I’m always uncertain of the quality. This was a well thought out costume and it matches the character perfectly. Glitter does fly every where, and I wish the sash did have more adjustments that you could make. I ordered a medium, and the bodice fit fine, but my biggest issue was the material on the stomach. Even though it fit me perfectly, the material flailed out and create a horrible silhouette. And there wasn’t much I could do to fix it. Outside of this, I was very happy with the costume.Was this review helpful to you?
- Love this dress but sash too bigBy Anonymous | September 23, 2018I ordered a size small & the dress itself fit just fine, it is velcro & stretchy which is nice. But the sash that goes around the waist was extremely big & only had one velcro (easily could add another), wish it came with a few for option, seemed like it would be for a large but every waist is different. Also, the gold circles on the shoulder straps are a soft fabric so they easily bend & stay that way if folded wrong in package. The glitter falls off with every movement (but every princess dress I've ever bought has done that), so I'd suggest not wearing this in a car, get dressed at your destination. (I had already tightened the waist sash in the picture)Was this review helpful to you?
- Its interestingBy Kna | October 23, 2019So a couple things about this dress. I didnt realize it is COVERED in glitter. But that aside its also contructed weird. The back torso area does not match the front. Its velcrow closure in the back and looks like different fabric than the front. Now as far as sizing. I’m an XL but i bought a large because for some reason disney doesn't offer plus size. But it is stretchy enough to fit. HOWEVER because of the tool on the outside, it puffs out from the torso and looks like a straight up ball gown. Its a two layered fabric for the skirt part. The under fabric is cheap and the over fabric poofs out. Its a fine dress but looks nothinng like it should. I may take it apart and try and alter it into looking better. But the moment you take it out of the bag, prepare for the glitter bomb!Was this review helpful to you?