Women's Florence Nightingale Costume
- Arm Band
- Dress 100% polyester apron & bonnet 97% polyester 3% cotton poplin & broadcloth fabrics
- Dress has back zipper, princess-cut bodice
- Yellow neckline ruffle & sleeve cuffs
- Yellow broadcloth pinafore apron has same-fabric neck band & waist ties
- Broadcloth arm band has printed red cross, closes w/ hook & loop fastener
- Broadcloth hat has elastic in gathered edge
Superhero in Skirts
Not all superheroes wear capes... or spandex, for that matter. Take Florence Nightingale, a respectable English woman, she was expected to marry and live the quiet Victorian life of hearth and home. But she followed a calling to serve others and heal the sick and wounded.
With a backstory like that, Nightingale would make a natural comic superhero. She's got the name, to begin with. She comes from an unlikely background. She's inspired generations of superhero nurses in the years to come. And she's even got a sidekick, Nightingale carried around a little owl that she rescued in Greece named Athena. While we know that wearing an ankle-length dress isn't typical for saving the day, we think any history buff can make this 19th-century heroine into a superhero no one will forget!
Details & Design
Our creative team designed this costume with history buffs in mind! The high neck and floor-length skirt maintain the modesty that was expected from the gentlewoman nurse in the 1800's. The dress zips up the back and has a princess cut bodice. A full white apron secures around the waist with ties and crosses over the back, making you look ready for your patients. Topped off with a white, ruffled cap and a broadcloth band toting the red cross, this costume is great for costume parties, plays, and presentations!
Are you ready to take on the look of a legend? The founder of nursing has a romantic image that's been painted and recreated for a hundred years so you can be sure that it's a fun role to take on. When paired with an old fashioned lamp, this costume will bring the heroine to life in an instant. Sure, the war of Crimea that made Nightingale famous might be a distant memory but her heroics live on!
|X-Small||Chest||Coming Soon||Coming Soon|
|X-Small||Sleeve Length||Coming Soon||Coming Soon|
|X-Small||Waist||Coming Soon||Coming Soon|
|X-Small||Dress Length||Coming Soon||Coming Soon|
|Small||Dress Length||58 1/2"||149cm|
|Medium||Dress Length||58 1/2"||149cm|
|Large||Dress Length||58 1/2"||149cm|
|X-Large||Dress Length||58 1/2"||149cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- PerfectionBy Maria | February 26, 2020I buy this Florence Nightingale costume 2-3 days ago and it is so perfect for the 2020 Florence celebration in my hospital, im a nurse.
The delivery was so fast just for extra 12$ and i live in Israel.
The quality is very good just take in mind the fabric is not stretch, my size is usually S but i take the M and it was perfect fit.
It is abit long for me but im just short so not the costume problem hhhhWas this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Oh! We're so glad you like this Florence Nightingale costume. We love our made by us historical costumes! This picture turned out great, thanks for posting it!
- Size is way offBy Flo No Mo | October 25, 2021Height 5'9" | Weight 145 | Size MediumI wear a 6 in every brand - this is so tight I am afraid it will rip. Too late to return so taking my chances. Not true to size at all. Even the arm band is too tight. Thin fabric but appears well made.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 8, 2021Was this review helpful to you?