Girls Florence Nightingale Costume
- Arm Band
- Dress: 100% polyester, apron 97% polyester 3% cotton poplin & broadcloth fabrics
- Dress has back zipper, princess-cut bodice
- Yellow neckline ruffle & sleeve cuffs
- Yellow broadcloth pinafore apron has same-fabric neck band & waist ties
- Broadcloth arm band has printed red cross, closes w/ hook & loop fastener
- Broadcloth hat has elastic in gathered edge
Wash Your Hands
When Florence Nightingale came on the medical scene during the Crimean War, more soldiers were passing away due to sickness than injury. Once soldiers entered the medical bay they were exposed to some seriously awful bugs. When the sharp-eyed, diplomatic Nightingale saw the conditions of the medical tents she wrote to the government to tell them to save the soldiers through hygiene. Under pressure, the government went to work improving ventilation and sewage treatment.
In the meantime, Florence implemented handwashing rules and trained nurses in keeping sanitary conditions. Under her watchful eye and lantern light, the rate of survival in the hospitals went from fifty-one percent to an amazing ninety-eight percent. It's no wonder that, more than a hundred years later, we still remember her making her nightly rounds, lantern raised.
Design & Details
If your child is a history buff, she's sure to appreciate this Florence Nightingale costume, designed by our in-house creative team. The black dress and apron are separate, letting your child dress up in either without the other. The apron slips over the head and ties at the back. The dress zips up the back and has a red cross band around one arm. Topped off with a ruffled cap, this costume would make the proper Florence Nightingale proud!
For the Win
While most well to do young ladies were expected to stay at home, Florence had a calling that she couldn't ignore. Her expectations for hygiene, patient care, and compassion elevated the skill of nursing and saved people all over the world! In fact, nurses still the Nightingale Pledge to this day! This costume can be completed with a lantern to represent Nightingale on her nightly routes, checking on patients as everyone else slept. Perfect for school projects, plays, and even an alternative Halloween costume, this look is a great way to celebrate an iconic hero of medicine!
|Small||Sleeve Length||16 3/4"||43cm|
|Small||Dress Length||37 1/2"||95cm|
|Large||Sleeve Length||21 1/4"||54cm|
|Large||Dress Length||50 1/2"||128cm|
|X-Large||Sleeve Length||22 1/4"||57cm|
|X-Large||Dress Length||53 1/2"||136cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Five StarsBy Ygnacia | May 3, 2022Size LargePerfect fit. Fast shipping. We used this for a Marie Curie school presentation. We removed the hat and apron. Can be used for any style colonial time period.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Costume with a purposeBy CJ | February 23, 2022Height 56lbs | Weight 56lbs | Size SmallAdorable costume that would have perfectly filled our need for a Florence Nightingale outfit for a school project. However, the small which says it’s fits size 6x-8 was too small for my slender size 8 child. The material was very thin and itchy and the neck too small.Was this review helpful to you?
- Awesome costumeBy MiMo | February 4, 2022Size MediumMy daughter is a peanut for her age so this just needs a hem. Otherwise great fit & look, so realistic and well made enough to wear for a school project and Halloween later this year. Keep up the good work!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | December 14, 2021Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 12, 2021Size LargeMy daughter loved this costume. Made well and fits true to size.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- YELLOW NOT WHITEBy Anonymous | February 1, 2020Please note that the photo is very deceptive. The apron and hat are YELLOW not white.Was this review helpful to you?