Abigail Adams Costume for Kids
- 97% polyester, 3% cotton fabric
- Pullover dress has zipper down center back
- Lace collar and sleeve cuffs
- Elastic in the waist for cinched look
- Exclusively, made by us!
First lady of style
Most people can name the Founding Fathers: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams… Heck, Alexander Hamilton even has a whole musical about him! These guys are famous, and rightfully so, but you know what they say: Behind every great man is a great woman. Most of the Founding Fathers were married and supported by loving wives, but you never really get to learn much about the Founding Mothers. We think it’s about time to change that!
Abigail Adams was the wife of John Adams, the second president of the United States. And she was pretty cool in her own right, too! For one, she was the first woman to be both the wife and the mother of a president. (Don’t worry, it wasn’t the same guy!) She also gave her husband tons of advice when it came to how to run the country. She was a champion of women’s education and spoke out against slavery. Of all the first ladies to dress up like for a costume party, we don’t think you could do much better than Abigail Adams!
This exclusive Kid’s Abigail Adams Costume is sure to be a hit, whether you’re going to an inauguration or just a costume party. It looks just like a dress that a fashionable lady from the early 1800s would wear when she’s hosting a party at the White House. The red, long-sleeved pullover dress is 100 percent polyester, with a zipper down the back center for easy wear. The collar and sleeve cuffs are trimmed with lace, while there is elastic in the waist for a cinched look. All you need is a quill pen and some parchment to complete the look!
Belle of the ball
Whether you’re preparing for a trip to the White House or just hosting friends in your own living room, you’ll definitely be the belle of the ball with this beautiful costume!
|Small||Sleeve Length||21 1/2"||55cm|
|Medium||Dress Chest||29 1/2"||75cm|
|Medium||Sleeve Length||22 1/4"||57cm|
|Large||Dress Chest||32 1/2"||83cm|
|Large||Sleeve Length||24 1/4"||62cm|
|Large||Dress Length||49 3/4"||126cm|
|X-Large||Sleeve Length||25 1/4"||64cm|
|X-Large||Dress Length||52 1/4"||133cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Wax museum costumeBy Mom | May 16, 2022Size MediumI bought this for my daughter to wear while doing a wax museum at school. Shipping was quick and on time. The dress was more expensive then I would have liked to spend but the quality was pretty good. My only two complaints are that the elastic in the arms were way too tight for my daughters little arms. We had to cut the elastic otherwise after just a minute of wearing it she had marks. The zipper on the back was the other it would get to the elastic and then it was very difficult to go further. We finally were able to get it up but I had her wiggle into the dress with zipper just above that elastic so that we didn’t have to fight the zipper at school. Good thing she’s tiny! All in all it was a good dress.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | February 22, 2022Size MediumVery pleasantly surprised! Very well made with nice fabric, lace and trim. Definitely not the cheap material you find in the pop up Halloween costume stores!Was this review helpful to you?
- tight sleeves, low necklineBy M | February 1, 2022Height 46.5" | Weight ~46 lbs | Size Small-Decent material, it is a nice weight. Will definitely need to iron/steam to look nice.
-My daughter is somewhat thin for her height but the sleeves are tight enough around her upper arms that she complains about it being uncomfortable.
-Length is perfect.
-Zipper at back is really hard to zip. The elastic waist is hard to pull together with one hand while pulling zipper with the other. The size might be on the verge of being too small. Still, I'm glad it is a zipper closure, and it seems to be a sturdy zipper.
-The "infill" panel at the neckline is lower than in the photo. It's not to the point of not working at all, but she also wants to wear something under it for comfort, especially around her arms where the sleeves are tight (the thick, not-exactly-smooth fabric doesn't feel good being squeezed around). Not an easy neckline to layer under...
-Overall we are ok with it because she wanted so badly to wear a dress for their "Famous Americans" program and the red color goes with the other option to just wear red/white/blue.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?