Women's Princess Bride Buttercup Peasant Dress Costume
- Princess Bride Buttercup Peasant Dress Costume
- 96.7% cotton 3.3% spandex
- Dress has back zipper, silver-tone buttons at sleeve cuffs
- Mandarin collar, fitted bodice, wide puffy sleeves w/ fitted cuffs
- Belt is metallic brocade ribbon, 2" wide x 72" long; tie as desired
- Officially licensed, exclusive
A Quest For Twue Wuv
Usually women go to great lengths to become a princess...but not Buttercup. She's not sold on the whole idea. Well, if you had to marry a prince named Prince Humperdinck, we don't think you would be too pleased either. That means you would be Princess Humperdinck. Yea....it's a pretty unfortunate name, we get it. Plus, what's the point in getting married if you don't love the person? Besides, Buttercup has already found her one true love... If you're starting on a quest to find your long lost love, then we strongly urge you to dress in this Princess Bride Buttercup costume.
Design & Details
You'll love how this officially licensed costume looks exactly like Buttercup's riding cloak that she wears in the movie. The included belt ties around the waist and cinches the whole storybook inspired look together. You could even top it off with our gorgeous Buttercup wig, complete with dainty crown. Wear the costume and go on a journey to find your very own Man in Black AKA Westley. We have a feeling that he'll take one look at you and say those three magic words you've been dying to hear: "As you wish."
Happily Ever After
If it's not one hardship then it's another. Still, despite all the drama that the couple had to go through in order to be together, but it was worth it in the end. Plus, they made a few friends along the way. Make this costume a couple's ensemble with our Westley costume or bring it to a whole new level when you invite Fezzik and Inigo Montoya along. You never know when they might come in handy and save the day. After all, there's nothing like friendship paired with true love to ensure a happy ending!
|X-Small||Dress Empire Waist||27"||69cm|
|X-Small||Dress Length||57 1/2"||146cm|
|Small||Dress Empire Waist||28 1/2"||72cm|
|Small||Dress Length||57 1/2"||146cm|
|Medium||Dress Empire Waist||30 1/2"||77cm|
|Medium||Dress Length||58 1/2"||149cm|
|Large||Dress Empire Waist||34 1/2"||88cm|
|Large||Dress Length||58 1/2"||149cm|
|X-Large||Dress Empire Waist||37 3/4"||96cm|
|X-Large||Dress Length||58 1/2"||149cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Five StarsBy Lexie | February 15, 2019I love my dress! I'm wearing it to the RenFest this spring.Im 5'5" and 136lb and a Medium was just the right fit. In the picture it shows that the dress has buttons on the cuffs, but my dress did not have buttons. Other than that I'm very satisfied with the look, the quality of material, and the size. The skirt isn't skin tight either, I can easily slip on a hoop to make it more like a ball gown if I want. Very happy with my purchase!Was this review helpful to you?
- Zipper Broke After Taking Three StepsBy Current Customer | November 6, 2019I was so excited for this costume, but the first time I put it on, I zipped it up, looked at it in the mirror, then turned and walked away to finish preparing for our Halloween party...and before I could leave my bedroom, the zipper split open while the zipper slider was at the top of the dress, so I had a big open hole on my back. And then I had to have a guest at our Halloween party safety pin the zipper so that my bra wasn't showing. Incredibly disappointed in the quality of this dress for ~$60!Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...We're so sorry that happened to this Made by Us costume. It sounds like this particular Buttercup dress was flawed as the exclusive costumes are made to last. Feel free to reach out to our customer service team as we also want so much more from this costume!
- Excellent quality!By Sophia | October 25, 2019I was impressed with the quality of this dress! Very thick. Also, unlike other Halloween costumes, it is true to size. I always size up when I buy costumes, but you don't need to with this dress. I would highly recommend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great costume!By Maisy | October 14, 2019I was so happy when I tried this dress on that it fit very well and was made of a higher quality material than most Halloween costumes. It seems to be very true to size if you follow the measurements. It’s doesn’t fit too snugly, which is what I was worried about. I think I will use different ribbon for the belt, but other than that it’s perfect!Was this review helpful to you?
- Beautiful and perfect!By Sam | November 19, 2018I love the material this dress is made out of! Nice cotton feel and a beautiful color- not shiny polyesterthat you find a lot. The size was also excellent, fit just like I was hoping it would. Love that it came with the belt as well. And not that it matters to anyone but me when I'm wearing it, but having it licenced and labelled as such makes me feel good about the product and the website.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great costumeBy Anonymous | October 28, 2017Dress is good quality. I am 5'6", 148 lbs and the large fit perfectly. Get the blonde wig too!Was this review helpful to you?
- Worth it!By Anonymous | October 27, 2017I debated about buying the for a while because of the price, but I love it! Definitely use the size chart! Fits perfect!Was this review helpful to you?
- Would buy againBy Zeth | September 23, 2017Good sizing, good material, the seams are pretty good, but I'm going to go over them again just in case. Definitely something I can see myself wearing for multiple halloweens and truly get my use out of it.
My costumes arrived a week earlier then estimated :)
Good, prompt customer serviceWas this review helpful to you?
- Perfect Buttercup Costume!By Current Customer | October 12, 2016This is a very well made costume and it’s perfect for Buttercup. I’m excited to wear this to our party!Was this review helpful to you?