Women's WWII Icon Costume
- 59% cotton, 25% polyester, 16% rayon denim fabric
- Jumpsuit has gold-tone metal buttons at center front & at sleeve cuffs
- Elastic back waistband
- Functional hip & breast pockets
- Embroidered "Rosie" name patch above left breast pocket
- Cropped pants legs have turned-up cuffs
- Faux leather belt has silver-tone metal buckle
- Tie polka-dotted scarf as desired
Can Do Kind Of Gal
The World War Two effort involved everyone. It wasn't just about the men fighting the battles, people back home needed to contribute. Old women took apart clothing to sew and knit bandages, mittens, and warm socks for the soldiers on the front. Children harvested milkweed for life jackets. Families saved fat drippings to make soap for the folks abroad. Stepping up was a matter of civic duty. So when it came to building ships, preparing artillery, and riveting together planes, women proudly stepped up to the plate! With so many of the young men fighting overseas, there was an overwhelming amount of work to be done at home but it wasn't long before the nation's men and women came together to proclaim, "We can do it!".
Details & Design
Ready to balance grit with glamour? Our Made by Us World War Two Icon costume is a fashionable interpretation of the inspirational posters that were popular during the height of the war effort. Our in-house designers put together a sleek jumpsuit made of denim fabric that can easily be worn with heels or boots. The jumpsuit buttons up the front and has functional side pockets at the hips as well as gusseted breast pockets for a fully functional look. The costume is polished off with the faux leather belt and iconic red bandana, leaving you looking riveting right off the bat.
Want to represent the tough ladies that worked to support the WW2 war effort? This costume is a great way to go! Finish off your look with a classic red lipstick and a barrel roll curl in front. You'll be instantly recognizable. Perfect for the fourth of July, women's marches, and educational events, this high-quality costume can be worn again and again. That's just one of the reasons this costume is one for the history books!
|X-Small||Sleeve Length||22 1/2"||57cm|
|X-Small||Waist||28" - 33"||71cm - 84cm|
|Small||Waist||30" - 35"||76cm - 89cm|
|Medium||Waist||32" - 37"||81cm - 94cm|
|Medium||Jumpsuit Length||53 1/2"||136cm|
|Large||Waist||36 1/2" - 40 1/2"||93cm - 103cm|
|Large||Jumpsuit Length||54 1/2"||138cm|
|X-Large||Waist||39 1/2" - 43 1/2"||100cm - 110cm|
|X-Large||Jumpsuit Length||55 3/4"||142cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | November 24, 2020Height 5'5 | Weight 120 | Size SmallIt was a very cute costume. But as other reviews have stated, it is a tight fit from the private area up to the shoulders. I am just shy of 5'5; however, my chest is 36dd. I am pretty short, petite, short torso, so I didn't really think that I would have had a problem. Overall, I am glad that I purchased it! I did win the Costume Contest!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Cute costume! Fits small.By Ashlee | October 29, 2019I thought the costume was adorable but I had to return the first one because it was too small. It seems to be made for someone with a very short torso. I got lots of compliments on it. The costume did stain my hands blue. I would be worried wearing it and sitting on anything light colored.Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled Cute costume! Fits small. Yes (0) Vote No on the review titled Cute costume! Fits small. No (0)
- A HITBy MissChin | November 1, 2021Height 5’3 | Weight 165 | Size X-LargeGreat Quality! Material is a bit thin but the detailing is great. The gold buttons and the patches are so authentic. My costume was a huge hit at the party! The fit is normal. I ordered a size up Bc I didn’t want it form fitting and it was perfect. I paired it with red long socks, work boots and of course a red lip!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Two StarsBy Anonymous | October 20, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 20, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Perfect Depiction of Rosie!By Susie Jay | May 24, 2020Height 5'7-1/2" | Weight 125 | Size SmallDue to my height the length of the bodice from neck to crotch was a very snug fit. I was worried I might split the seam. The overall fit was tight, but I made it work. This is a perfect depiction of Rosie the Riveter and served well as an educational support in a senior program.Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled Perfect Depiction of Rosie! Yes (0) Vote No on the review titled Perfect Depiction of Rosie! No (0)Monster Responds...We're so glad that this Rosie the Riveter costume worked in as a historical, educational costume. Thanks for leaving notes on the fit. We're sure that will help future Riveters!