Women's Tavern Wench Costume
- Skirt: 93% polyester, 3% spandex; blouse & vest: 100% polyester
- Cream broadcloth pullover peasant blouse has elastic at neckline & sleeve cuffs
- Skirt has elastic waistband
- Skirt has twill base layer w/ sculpted velour overlay
- Skirt overlay is ruched up at front w/ same-fabric band
- Brown faux suede vest has back zipper
- Vest has decorative faux leather straps w/ metal buckles at front
WHICH WENCH IS THE WITCH!?
It's hardly a kind sounding word: wench. Very few sentences out there make it feel much better, either. But, that's what time does to some words. Back in the Middle Ages, wench (for the most part) just talked about a young woman... though they were usually of the servant caste. That, of course, means that not many of the folks with power or the then wealthy academics had a whole lot of great things to say about them. So, there went that word...
But, the fun of jumping back to the Renaissance is being able to reinvent what happened and fill the tales with some new storytellers. Perhaps this servant girl in the tavern is no mere want-to-be cinder girl. Perhaps she's secretly the hero of the tale. Perhaps she's been toying with some new magical tricks and is just about ready to unleash a potion that will bring those haughty nobles to their knees and turn the tavern tables right around on them! Mwahahaha!
DESIGN & DETAILS
It's time to show the whole Renaissance world who truly controls the realm! (It's the gal who determines who gets to drink, naturally.) Our designers have poured their heart into this authentic and high-quality look so you can fill the role of the Lass of the Tavern with this costume. You've got all the details that you need to really feel like you own the inn thanks to the ruffled arms and peasant cut of the shirt, the textured trim and metal buckles on the vest, and the long, two-layered skirt featuring a ruched hip-high tie. How you accessorize will finish the flavor of the character you create!
EVERY TALE NEEDS A TAVERN
No matter what story we're being told or telling to an audience, there's always a place to put up your feet. It might start at the tavern or have them show up at the inn but, either way, you'll be there to make this tale terrific thanks to this Tavern Woman Costume!
|Small||Shirt Length||18 1/2"||47cm|
|Small||Vest Length||16 1/2"||42cm|
|Small||Skirt Waist||25" - 38"||64cm - 97cm|
|Medium||Skirt Waist||27" - 40"||69cm - 102cm|
|Large||Vest Length||17 1/2"||44cm|
|Large||Skirt Waist||30" - 43"||76cm - 109cm|
|X-Large||Shirt Length||19 1/2"||50cm|
|X-Large||Skirt Waist||33" - 46"||84cm - 117cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Great costume!By Anonymous | November 1, 2021Height 5’4” | Weight 150Great costume! Skirt has material like velvet and lighter polyester layer underneath. Has some weight to it, great for cooler weather. Brown corset needs hook and eye at top of zipper. I wore 3” heeled suede short laced boots with it. And my own corset under garment for smooth look. Comfortable, lots of compliments as I passed out candy to 60 kids on Halloween, playing sea shanty music. Definitely using again! Fun, sexy, without being too “adult”Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled Great costume! Yes (0) Vote No on the review titled Great costume! No (0)
- Very decent qualityBy LMiller | October 9, 2019I was surprised at the quality for the price. I mean, costumes are notorious for being pretty cheesy. No complaints here! I ordered an XL because costumes are also notorious for running pretty small. I should have ordered a smaller size, but I'll make it work. Get the costume...you'll love it!Was this review helpful to you?