Plus Size Women's Emerald Maiden Costume
- 100% polyester crushed velvet & brocade fabrics
- Dress has back zipper
- One-piece dress styled to look like multiple layers--shift, underskirt, overdress
- Cream portions look like shift peeking out through intentional gaps
- Brocade front inset panel looks like underskirt
- Dark green overdress is trimmed w/ gold lace & braid
- Exclusively Made By Us
Mistakes were Made
The Medieval era was a time of strong fashion choices. Noble people had wild outfits! Men often wore shoes that were up to two feet long. The toes were so long that they had to be stuffed with wool and whalebone to be kept in place. Men even wore them to battle and had to cut off the tips of the toes in order to run away from the enemy. Of course, women didn't escape inconvenient fashion trends. Rich gals wore tall cone-shaped hats, making going through doorways quite tricky. Ladies who were worried about ruining their nice shoes in the mucky streets would protect them by wearing wooden stilts that slipped over their shoes. This was so difficult that they had to hire attendants to help them get from place to place.
Medieval fashion trends didn't get it all right. What era did? At least now we can pick and choose what Medieval fashion trends we'd like to keep. We think this gorgeous green gown is a great place to start!
Design & Details
This Made By Us emerald gown was created by our history-loving creative team. They work to bring pick the best fashions of the Medieval era and bring them into modern times. No need to have your servants help you into a corset. This lush velvet gown zips up the back. The gown is designed with a layered look in mind, a shift material peeps out from below the neckline and from the styled gaps in the sleeves. Off-white lace trims the front, matching the lace around the gown's cuffs. Elegant and high-quality, this Made By Us gown will be a favorite part of your costume collection for years to come.
Making it Right
Two-foot long shoes and tiny personal stilts might be fashion trends that are better lost to history. This historic style, however, deserves a new life. Wear this gown to costume parties and festivals and you'll feel gorgeous in castles and condos alike!
|1X||Sleeve Length||24 1/2"||62cm|
|1X||Dress Length||57 3/4"||147cm|
|2X||Dress Length||57 3/4"||147cm|
|3X||Sleeve Length||25 1/2"||65cm|
|3X||Dress Length||57 3/4"||147cm|
|4X||Dress Length||57 3/4"||147cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- PerfectBy Missy M | November 8, 2022Size 3XThis costume was perfect for a Halloween party I attended. It was beautiful and fit great. I ordered a 3x and it fit true to size. I am 5'9" and usually wear a size 20. It was long enough to cover my feet, so shorter person may have to hem it. I recommend this one for sure.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | December 14, 2021PerfectBottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | December 6, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | November 1, 2021Was this review helpful to you?