Plus Size Tavern Maiden Costume
- 100% polyester faux suede and interlock knit fabric
- Cream sleeves & inset in brown faux suede corset bodice
- Plus Size Tavern Maiden Costume
- Corset laced w/ gold satin ribbon
- Brown & olive green striped skirt is has green overlay
- Black faux leather belt has gold-tone plastic buckle
If you're like us, most of our knowledge of Renaissance times comes from faires and movies based on Shakespeare plays. These probably aren't the most historically accurate sources, but they sure paint a fun scene, and one of the staples of this scene is the humble tavern. Taverns seem to be where all the good stuff happened back then. It's where you went for food, drink, warmth, news, and to look for work. And in many taverns, there was a tough talking gal running the show. She kept things from getting too rowdy, and also made sure everyone had a drink in their hand and a room for the night. Well, if they had coin to spare, that is.
This Renaissance-inspired costume is a fun way to step into the part of a tavern keeper, or many other roles from "ye olde times." The earthy and warm colored dress and corset would look right at home in an old village full of hardworking people who know how to let their hair down. Just slip on a pair of sturdy, sassy boots, and you'll be all ready to handle tonight's crowd at your imaginary tavern from earlier, or to let your imagination run wild at the Renaissance Festival!
|1X||Chest||36" - 40"||91cm - 102cm|
|1X||Waist||34" - 36"||86cm - 91cm|
|2X||Chest||36" - 44"||91cm - 112cm|
|2X||Waist||36" - 42"||91cm - 107cm|
|2X||Dress Length||55 1/2"||141cm|
|3X||Chest||40" - 46"||102cm - 117cm|
|3X||Waist||38" - 44"||97cm - 112cm|
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Awesome costumeBy Alexis | October 27, 2015I wear anywhere between a size 18 and a size 22, depending on the store. My measurements were well within the measurements on the 3x on the costume, and it fits perfectly. I LOVE it! I will say that it's snugER, but it's definitely not so snug that it's uncomfortable. I can move freely without worrying about anything ripping or tearing. The belt is a little flimsy in the sense that it doesn't stay belted, but it's nothing a carefully hidden safety pin can't fix. Other than that the dress is really good quality. Not the crap that costumes are normally made out of. Pay attention to the measurements; if your measurements fit the sizing measurements, it will more than likely fit. I was a little worried after reading the other reviews, but I'm SO glad I took the chance and went ahead and bought it.Was this review helpful to you?
- Incorrect sizing- bewareBy Michelle | October 8, 2015I ordered a 3x, believing that since the sizing indicated a 2X would be sufficient, it would fit. It doesn't even come close to fitting from the waist up. If the bodice were detachable, it might work; however, it's not and it looks awful. Unfortunately, I'll be returning the costume tomorrow. Good quality material, though.Was this review helpful to you?
- What a great costume!!!By Chef Misty | September 5, 2016I ordered a size bigger and it is perfect! I had my doubts, but wow super cute! Thank youWas this review helpful to you?
- Too SmallBy Dolores | June 12, 2016Cute but way too small. If you want this order a size bigger. I had to return it.Was this review helpful to you?
- Very disappointedBy Anonymous | November 14, 2013I even ordered a size larger than what the size chart said would fit me, but it still didn't fit. I was extremely disappointed. I will say, however, that the material was great, and if this had fit, I'm sure I would have been pleased.Was this review helpful to you?
- fits correctly in some placesBy KP | October 18, 2020Height 5' 7" | Weight 220 | Size 3XThe quality is pretty good. It fits in the waist and shoulders, and the off-the-shoulder sleeves are fine. The brown corset however is way too small for the bust size, will not cover bust well (I am a 40C), will lace up towards the bottom at the waist. I may remove the front of the corset and buy a completely separate one to wear over the rest of the costume. A bit disappointing. A 3X is one size up from what I usually wear.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Thank you for the sizing information on this Tavern Maiden costume! We hope you find a way to make this work but if you don't please feel free to reach out to our customer service team. Have a happy Halloween!
- Two StarsBy Current Customer | September 8, 2020Size 3XI bought this a size up from what I normally would, and the dress is still too small for me. The material is itchy, it's tight in weird places, and just uncomfortable to wear. Definitely not worth how much I spent on it.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Bethany | November 18, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Mrs. B. | November 18, 2018I ordered larger than my normal store size. Follow the measurements for the costume NOT store sizes. It fit perfectly!! Quality was excellent. Many compliments. Thank you.Was this review helpful to you?
- BeautyBy Current Customer | February 23, 2018I received my order today and it was exactly as shown in the picture. The fit was excellent. The quality of the material was more than I expected and was quite pleased. I did not expect my parcel until the 26th of Feb and it arrived on the 22nd. Kudos to Halloween Costumes---I will definitely be ordering again.Was this review helpful to you?
- Runs smallBy RokB | August 29, 2017Very nicely made. The top of bodice's elastic is too loose causing it to gape. And the size is more like and extra large or 1x on their 3 X. Otherwise I like the costume.Was this review helpful to you?
- Medieval Gossip GurlzBy RokB | November 5, 2016Nothing says Medieval "Hee Haw Honey" like a working wench costume! Sizing is good, but the gold ribbon down the front, while cute, is not as functional as I had hoped.Was this review helpful to you?