Women's Sacajawea Maiden Costume
- 100% polyester faux suede and faux leather
- Tan long-sleeved dress has back zipper & fringed brown yoke
- Sleeves & hemline are jagged, fringed, & trimmed w/ rickrack
- Yoke has red diamond appliques outlined by geometric brocade ribbon
- Faux leather belt fastens w/ fabric ties
- Belt has brown fringed apron w/ same applique as yoke
- Headband is geometric brocade ribbon w/ elastic band at back
Of the many notable Native Americans in history that have aided travelers in exploring and mapping the wilderness of new American territories, Sacajawea stands out as one of the most well known. Learn about her legacy with this Sacajawea Costume, a look inspired by the famous Native American explorer.
Sacajawea is best known for her invaluable contributions to the famous expedition led by Lewis and Clark in 1804. She joined the team of explorers a few months into the journey, and as the expedition's guide, she taught them how to survive and navigate in what is now the American Northwest. She also helped them establish relationships with Native American tribes in the area, and has the distinction of being the only woman to travel with Lewis and Clark's party all the way to the Pacific Ocean, and then back to the expedition's starting point. She was even made an Honorary Sergeant in the Regular Army for her contributions to the success of the mission!
This costume probably won't be able to stand up to the rigors of a two year long, cross-country expedition, but the faux suede material looks great when you're wanting a Native American inspired style for a costume party or event. The dress and apron accessory feature fringed hemlines, and ribbon accents printed with geometric patterns for added detail. Slip on a pair of matching fringed shoes or boots to complete this look!
|X-Small||Dress Chest||34" - 36"||86cm - 91cm|
|X-Small||Dress Waist||30" - 32"||76cm - 81cm|
|X-Small||Dress Length (at shortest point)||27"||69cm|
|Small||Dress Chest||36" - 38"||91cm - 97cm|
|Small||Dress Waist||32" - 34"||81cm - 86cm|
|Small||Dress Length (at shortest point)||27"||69cm|
|Medium||Dress Chest||38" - 40"||97cm - 102cm|
|Medium||Dress Waist||34" - 36"||86cm - 91cm|
|Medium||Dress Length (at shortest point)||28"||71cm|
|Large||Dress Chest||40" - 42"||102cm - 107cm|
|Large||Dress Waist||36" - 38"||91cm - 97cm|
|Large||Dress Length (at shortest point)||29"||74cm|
|X-Large||Dress Chest||42" - 44"||107cm - 112cm|
|X-Large||Dress Waist||38" - 40"||97cm - 102cm|
|X-Large||Dress Length (at shortest point)||30"||76cm|
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Definitely DecentBy Anonymous | October 18, 2015Ordered a cheaper costume from a competitor. It came & was pretty much one large piece of felt someone folded over, cut a neck out of & sewed up the sides. Decided to spend a little more & ordered this one. It is actually pretty adorable. I'm about a size 9 & it fits me snugly, so I'd recommend going up a size if you're unsure. The belt is tied separately so you can adjust your waist. Zips up the back.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | March 26, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | February 13, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy livnat | December 5, 2018Was this review helpful to you?