League of Their Own Dottie Plus Size Costume
- Pair of Socks
- 100% polyester twill fabric
- Twill short-sleeved shirt dress has off-center front buttons, belt loops at waist, zipper opening at side seam
- Embroidered patches sewn to bodice front & left sleeve
- Red canvas ball cap has embroidered "R" patch on front, adjustable at back
- Red knit knee-high socks
- Red faux leather belt has silver-tone metal buckle
- Also available in standard size
- Officially licensed, exclusive!
Telling the Story
Sometimes you find yourself in 1988, reminiscing about that time you played for the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League during World War II. Those were great times! You and your sister, Kit, moved from Oregon to Illinois to play professional baseball, something you never thought would be possible. We’re talking dreams here, so stay with us. There were tears, sure, and a lot of yelling. But there were also great moments: teamwork and triumph over adversity. Those times made you the person you are today.
Okay, we understand that this probably isn’t literally your story... it's Dottie Hinsons! But we’re talking about pretending here. Because Halloween is all about pretending to be something you’ve always wanted to be. Unless you actually did play for the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League, but then you’d have your own uniform and you wouldn’t need this costume.
Design & Details
This officially licensed Plus Size League of Their Own Dottie Costume is exclusive and made by us at Halloween Costumes to look just like the uniform worn in the movie. The short-sleeved twill dress is pink with embroidered stars-and-bars shield and A League of Their Own patches. Accessories include a red faux leather belt with buckle, knit knee-high socks, and a ball cap with embroidered “R” (Rockford Peaches) patch. You’ll need to supply your own bat, shoes, and winning spirit, but we figure that won’t be a problem! This League of Their Own Dottie Costume is Plus Sized so anyone can be the hero in their own story, which is really the most important part of playing.
|2X||Dress Length||35 1/2"||90cm|
|4X||Dress Length||36 1/2"||93cm|
|6X||Dress Length||37 1/2"||95cm|
|8X||Dress Length||38 1/2"||98cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Almost perfectBy jennwith2ns | October 24, 2015The big plus is that this arrived a lot sooner than expected, so it gives me time to make any adjustments I needed a whole week before Halloween (hooray!).
The dress is super cute and not nearly as short as it in in the movie. It will need to be dry cleaned because it's SUPER wrinkled. I normally wear a 16-18 and have a large chest and butt, so I ordered at 2x. It's a bit loose but gives plenty of room for the crinoline without showing my butt to the party. It could be my body but the dress doesn't sit on wait, but higher up in my tummy, which I don't love but it's not the end of the world.
As the other reviews have said, the sewing on the hat is pretty bad, but it's not a deal breaker because it's the fabric of a real hat so I have a lot more hairstyle options than I thought I would.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Andrea Whitaker | November 1, 2021This costume was a Halloween hit ! It was way more than I expected. Make sure you size up .I absolutely loved it . Cute and comfortable!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Super cuteBy Lolikes | November 1, 2021Height 5’3” | Weight 198 | Size 2XI sized up. Going off the measurements it would have been perfect in the 1X however I’d rather have to take in, then not be able to let it out. The belt was huge had to make new notches. Overall I was very pleased. It was short so have bloomer if your going to do a lot of bending. Oh socks are extremely long. Like would have went over my knee. I looked cute though!!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Loved it!By Taylor | October 21, 2021Height 5'7" | Weight 320 | Size 6XLoved this costume! I typically wear a 22/24, 3x/4x, but based on reviews I went up in size and purchased a 6x. However, I could've gone down to a 5x, but I didn't mind the extra room and length. It it very short, so I paired with some red biker shorts. The dress needed a good steam, and some thread trimmings, but overall it was comfortable and cool. The only thing that didn't work for me was the socks, as I have larger calves. I planned for that and ordered some online. I received tons of compliments and although outside of my comfort-zone, I felt really cute.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Home run!By TjDecks | October 26, 2019Per other reviews my costume did NOT have a funky smell. YAY! It was comfortable. I ordered a size up and it was loose everywhere by the arms.
This costume was a huge hit and I have already shared the link with others interested in purchasing their own.
There was no crying in this uniform :)Was this review helpful to you?
- If only...By Anonymous | September 26, 2018I normally wear a 3 or 4x but just as a precaution I went with 5x. The shoulders are a bit snug and the waist where the belt goes is a little big. And I know I'm a tall person, 5' 10", but this is very short on me the comes to just below my butt. Some have said the work on the hat is bad but mine actually looks pretty good, but the patch on the sleeve is very crooked. But all and all I'm happy.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great costumeBy Current Customer | October 31, 2016My husband went as Dottie Hinson and it was hilarious. The 1x was a tad big on him but he was grateful it was not tight. He is around 5'11". The only slight disappointment was there was a small hole in the seem of the one of the shoulders. A manufacturer defect probably.Was this review helpful to you?
- Lots of compliments!By Anonymous | December 3, 2014I really liked my costume. For the most part it felt really well made. The patch on the hat is coming off but that is an easy fix. I got so many compliments on it and it is probably my favorite costume I've had in a very long time. I would definitely recommend!Was this review helpful to you?
- NOT worth the priceBy Anonymous | November 10, 2021Size 4XThere are just a few reasons that the price point makes no sense for this costume. It's cheaply made, has terrible see through fabric, and fits nothing like the size chart suggests. As a fat person, I always check the size chart to make sure the size I need matches my measurements. I'm usually a size 2X/3X in other plus size clothes but I went ahead and even sized up to be careful. This fit so weird and tight around the chest even thought the measurements list that it is about 2 inches more than my actual chest measurements and the belt could barely buckle. I have a longer torso than what would be considered "normal" for my body so I could easily assume it would be a little extra short - not a problem because I could have just worn some red bike shorts - but this was practically a shirt! I hate this costume and hate the price even more.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | November 1, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 31, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Not true to sizeBy Toya | October 30, 2021Size 1XI normally wear a Large, but after reading the comments I decided to order the 1X. The 1X was still way too small. It has zero stretch in the arm and breast areas. I could not wear it at all. Total waste of money. Very disappointed. IlWas this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 29, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- One StarBy Anonymous | October 26, 2021Size 1XDoes not fit like it is supposed to. Way too small. I normally wear a 1X and this was no way a 1X. Very disappointed.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 26, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 19, 2021Size 1XWell made costume that will last beyond one wear!! Tailor fit!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Not as picturedBy Britt | October 19, 2021Size 4XSleeves were not the length pictured. The actual sleeve is more of a cap sleeve. The waist of the dress didn't even hit below my boobs and the back of the dress barely covered my butt. Overall a horrible fit and not at all as pictured.Was this review helpful to you?
- Runs extremely SmallBy Julie | October 19, 2021Height 5'7 | Size 5XThese run extremely Small i had to order 3 x bigger.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | October 18, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 15, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Sizing is offBy Rebecca | October 15, 2021Size 7XI’m someone who naturally carries their weight in the stomach. My weight is always fluctuating so naturally I’m usually either a 3x or a 4x. I read some of the reviews and sized up all the way to a 7x. The arms where tight. My booty was hanging out, so if your taller then 5’4 might not be the one for you.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 14, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | October 12, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 9, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 9, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | October 6, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 4, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Runs smallBy Lisa | October 3, 2021This costume is about 2 sizes smaller than it states.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Too smallBy Jennifer Martinez | October 1, 2021Height 5’5 | Weight 220 | Size 2XI brought a costume from here before and I love the material and that it comes with extra items. I ordered this thinking I could get the same size as before but no. Definitely should’ve gotten a size up. I’m so sad cause I needed this for tomorrow and now I can’t go to the event I was planning to get to :(Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 1, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Two StarsBy Anonymous | September 30, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy MIss Apple Blossom | September 12, 2021Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Cute but way too small and way too shortBy Kim | August 31, 2021Height 5'9" | Weight 160 | Size 1XGood quality and very cute but about 2 sizes too small. Probably not for anyone over 5'5". Waist sits very high. I'm very proportionate and read the size chart but the arms and chest are tight. Watch out if you have fuller breasts. Such a bummer. It is very, very cute.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Sizing is OFF!!!!By Current Customer | October 26, 2020Height 5'4" | Weight 185 | Size 1XI first ordered the XL (not plus size) because my measurements are
It was so tight in the chest the buttons were popping open.
Then i ordered the plus size 1X to accommodate my large boobs.
I see absolutely no difference in the way these fit. They are supposed to be an inch bigger in both chest and waist. I feel like a sausage stuffed in a costume. The chest is the only issue for both. Everything else is ok.Was this review helpful to you?
- Good quality....weird cut?By Samantha Keating | October 10, 2020Height 5’5” | Weight Much | Size 3XSo I ordered a size up from my usual (xl/2x) I liked the fit. However, I did not notice in the pictures that the waist is cut directly under the bust. It’s not a flattering cut. Also, the buttons push the collar into the jaw line. I did not feel as cute as I expected. Might work better on someone taller?Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Runs SmallBy Racheal | September 24, 2020Height 58 | Weight 360 | Size 5XMy measurements said I would fit a 5x dress. The dress fits fine, except it is so short that I have to purchase red shorts now. Also the belt doesn't fit around me well enough to buckle, even though I fit measurements listed on the site. The socks seem to be a one standard size so they were pretty painful around my upper calf because they were tight. The dress is way way shorter than the photo.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | March 12, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 19, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- Dottie lives!By Josephine | October 31, 2018I got so many compliments on the costume. It is a perfect replica of the movie. Fits a little big though. I will be back again next year!!! You guys are amaz-balls.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great fit and quality!By Anonymous | October 19, 2018This came sooner than expected in the mail today and I am beyond happy with it! Based on other reviews, I was skeptical about the patches and belt, but I was really blown away by the quality of this!Was this review helpful to you?
- perfectBy BERNADETTE DUGAS | January 5, 2017it was a hit, and several people knew what movie this character was from.Was this review helpful to you?
- Super FunBy A Marie | November 6, 2016I'm on the border of plus size and this costume is the greatest. Everyone loved it including meWas this review helpful to you?
UnwearableBy Anonymous | October 27, 2016The dress, hat and socks are great, but the belt has a musty smell. It affected all of the other items, but they were easily washed. The belt, however, is not salvageable. I've tried everything...airing it outside, bleaching it in the sun, vinegar, freezing, orange oil...nothing works. For the price, I would expect a better product...as it is, the belt is unwearable which leaves the costume looking unfinished. I contacted customer service and was informed that they are aware of the issue, but the smell is harmless. Considering I feel sick every time I'm around it, I beg to differ. Save your money.Was this review helpful to you?
- Arms too tightBy Anonymous | October 20, 2016Love the idea and style but when i received it and tried it on it fits in all the places i worry about (stomach and boobs) but across the back and around my arms are way to tight. i am going to keep it cause i need to and i will cut the under part of the arms and hope that helps. Also i didn't notice it until i got it that the patches are not official as the movie - it says "A league of their Own" not Rockford Peach.Was this review helpful to you?
- Good costume except for the socksBy Current Customer | September 28, 2016This costume is great for the plus size woman except the socks were way, way too small. I call customer service and the nice woman there said she was so sorry but there were no bigger socks to send me. They were so nice about it though that they gave us a little refund on the price due to that one part being too small. I think that shows a really good business. I will try to find something elsewhere to make up for the socks before Halloween.Was this review helpful to you?
- AdorableBy KimS | August 29, 2016Runs small, even for plus sizes. I normally wear a 2X...finally found a good fit with the 4X in this costume.
If you're unsure what size will work, order a couple of them in larger sizes like I did and return the one that doesn't fit. I ordered the 2x, 3x, and 4x. Will be returning the smaller ones.
Aside from fit, super cute. Get yourself some red shorts though as this "uniform" is pretty short and can't be warn by itself.Was this review helpful to you?