Women's Kansas Girl Long Dress Costume
- Pair of Hair Ribbons
- Kansas Girl Long Dress Costume
- 96% polyester 4% cotton blouse 66% polyester 30% nylon 4% spandex Jumper
- Gingham jumper has fitted waist w/ back zipper
- Shoulder straps anchored w/ buttons at waistline
- White blouse has gingham trim on collar & sleeve cuffs, back hook and loop closure
- Blue gingham hair ribbons
Every Tornado has its Silver Lining
When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. But when life gives you tornadoes... well, it’s probably time to get out of Kansas with your favorite canine companion. That’s just the sepia-toned first act, though, because you’re in for the adventure of a lifetime!
At least, that's how it was with Dorothy. She got swept to a wonderful land, filled with new friends to meet, witches to foil, and wizards to discover. And it all started with a tornado, and a Gingham dress!
This costume is a blue gingham dress with a fitted waist and attached button straps. The white blouse has gingham trim on the collar and sleeve cuffs, and gingham hair ribbons are included! (If you’re curious, blue gingham just means a blue-and-white lightweight checkered cloth. So now you know.) To complete this Kansas Girl long dress costume, we suggest some sparkly slippers and a wicker basket. Of course, you can put a dog in the basket or simply fill it with candy. We suggest candy. Because candy? That candy’s going to fuel your road-following, monkey-dodging, wizard-seeking (or avoiding) quest, after all. Just be glad that you’ve got the appropriate dress for questing, or, you know, Halloween and cosplay.
So, are you ready to hit the road? How do you feel about magic and illusions? You may even get told to seek out the wizard, but do yourself a favor and trust your judgment on that one. Sometimes he’s just a kid on his own journey to a video game tournament and then you’re getting your wizard movies all mixed up. Maybe we’ve lost the thread here. That’s it: comfortable threads! Because when you’re on a quest like this, you’re going to want to channel the girl who traveled in one of the most iconic ensembles out there. And she ventured out in sparkly heels, no less! Just remember that old saying when you're in a new land. . . there's no place like home!
|X-Small||Sleeve Cuff Circumference||10 1/2"||27cm|
|Small||Sleeve Cuff Circumference||10 1/2"||27cm|
|Medium||Sleeve Cuff Circumference||11"||28cm|
|Large||Sleeve Cuff Circumference||11 1/2"||29cm|
|X-Large||Sleeve Cuff Circumference||12 1/2"||32cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Dorothy and Toto toooooBy Anonymous | November 5, 2014Had a great experience buying online from HalloweenCostumes.com.
They ship on time and are very accomodating.
I wore the Dorothy costumer while selling Mercedes-Benz in Rockville Centre, NY. and had Toto with me the whole time. Added candy to the basket.Was this review helpful to you?
- I love it, but way too big.By Mia | February 19, 2014I am a 16 year old girl 5'1" and I put my measurements into the calculator and it told me to get a small. I ordered the small and it is huge! I am returning it and getting an extra small.Was this review helpful to you?
- fantastic service!By hope | November 6, 2019I paid extra for 3-day shipping, but unfortunately my order never came in (I found out later USPS lost it). I called HalloweenCostumes and they sent me a new costume with overnight shipping in order for me to have it by Halloween. It wasn’t their fault, but the girl I talked to was super and I appreciate the amazing customer service! Highly recommend!Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | November 15, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- ClaraBy Current Customer | May 4, 2016Great fitWas this review helpful to you?
- SizeBy Anonymous | October 4, 2015The dress fits, except in the arms. I can't move my arms, it's so tight.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Oscar Riva | May 30, 2015Is great, good quality and the most important, cheap price.Was this review helpful to you?
- Decent costumeBy Anonymous | April 3, 2015A Dorothy costume that isn't super short or low-cut! This one is accurate to the movie, too. I normally wear size 4-6 and ordered a medium. It was loose--wish I had ordered a small-- but still wearable after pinning the waist of the skirt. I also had to alter the top to bring the blue part up about 3 inches because it was completely below my chest.Was this review helpful to you?
- For an Emerald Gala event- perfect!By SANDY P. | December 6, 2013Great!Was this review helpful to you?
- so so stuffBy Anonymous | November 24, 2013don't expect too much from this. the back does not close totally, just a tie at the top so our "Dorothy" has to wear a body suit. Very flimsy material. certainly not worth the price paid for it.Was this review helpful to you?
- Cute costumeBy Drjonesmvb | September 26, 2013Runs true to size or a bit on the small size..and can't quite understand why the back of the shirt and separate skirt are wide open...will have to figure out some creative underclothing :) but the dress is cute and looks the part... I'm 6' and 185 lbs and needed the XL, It'll work and even have a real "Toto" to accompany me to the party!Was this review helpful to you?