Kansas Girl Long Dress Women Costume
- Pair of Hair Ribbons
- 98% polyester, 2% cotton gingham & broadcloth
- Gingham jumper has fitted waist w/ back zipper
- Shoulder straps anchored w/ buttons at waistline
- White blouse has gingham trim on collar & sleeve cuffs, back hook and loop closure
- Blue gingham hair ribbons
- Exclusively, made by us!
Every Tornado has its Silver Lining
When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. But when life gives you tornadoes... well, it’s probably time to get out of Kansas with your favorite canine companion. That’s just the sepia-toned first act, though, because you’re in for the adventure of a lifetime!
At least, that's how it was with Dorothy. She got swept to a wonderful land, filled with new friends to meet, witches to foil, and wizards to discover. And it all started with a tornado, and a Gingham dress!
This costume is a blue gingham dress with a fitted waist and attached button straps. The white blouse has gingham trim on the collar and sleeve cuffs, and gingham hair ribbons are included! (If you’re curious, blue gingham just means a blue-and-white lightweight checkered cloth. So now you know.) To complete this Kansas Girl long dress costume, we suggest some sparkly slippers and a wicker basket. Of course, you can put a dog in the basket or simply fill it with candy. We suggest candy. Because candy? That candy’s going to fuel your road-following, monkey-dodging, wizard-seeking (or avoiding) quest, after all. Just be glad that you’ve got the appropriate dress for questing, or, you know, Halloween and cosplay.
So, are you ready to hit the road? How do you feel about magic and illusions? You may even get told to seek out the wizard, but do yourself a favor and trust your judgment on that one. Sometimes he’s just a kid on his own journey to a video game tournament and then you’re getting your wizard movies all mixed up. Maybe we’ve lost the thread here. That’s it: comfortable threads! Because when you’re on a quest like this, you’re going to want to channel the girl who traveled in one of the most iconic ensembles out there. And she ventured out in sparkly heels, no less! Just remember that old saying when you're in a new land. . . there's no place like home!
|X-Small||Sleeve Cuff Circumference||10 1/2"||27cm|
|Small||Sleeve Cuff Circumference||11"||28cm|
|Medium||Sleeve Cuff Circumference||11 1/2"||29cm|
|Large||Sleeve Cuff Circumference||12"||30cm|
|X-Large||Sleeve Cuff Circumference||12 1/2"||32cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Follow us @funcostumes and tag us with #yesfuncostumes for a chance to have your photo featured here.
please reference the following link to see if your costume is eligible for return
- Dorothy and Toto toooooBy Anonymous | November 5, 2014Had a great experience buying online from HalloweenCostumes.com.
They ship on time and are very accomodating.
I wore the Dorothy costumer while selling Mercedes-Benz in Rockville Centre, NY. and had Toto with me the whole time. Added candy to the basket.Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled Dorothy and Toto tooooo Yes (1) Vote No on the review titled Dorothy and Toto tooooo No (0)
- I love it, but way too big.By Mia | February 19, 2014I am a 16 year old girl 5'1" and I put my measurements into the calculator and it told me to get a small. I ordered the small and it is huge! I am returning it and getting an extra small.Was this review helpful to you?
- Decent costumeBy Anonymous | April 3, 2015A Dorothy costume that isn't super short or low-cut! This one is accurate to the movie, too. I normally wear size 4-6 and ordered a medium. It was loose--wish I had ordered a small-- but still wearable after pinning the waist of the skirt. I also had to alter the top to bring the blue part up about 3 inches because it was completely below my chest.Was this review helpful to you?
- Two StarsBy Anonymous | October 31, 2022Runs very small. Cheaply made.Was this review helpful to you?
- One StarBy RONNIE MEADOWS | October 28, 2022The arms were too tight and the straps were too loose I had to pin them so they weren't slide off my shoulders.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Awesome CostumeBy Anonymous | October 25, 2022Size LargeCame in well packaged and its fits perfect!!!!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- One StarBy Anonymous | March 11, 2022We did not like this costume at all. The item was shown to have a zipper in the top but only had Velcro. The material was extremely cheap and the top didn’t look right at all tucked into the skirt. The sizing was fine.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Inna | February 7, 2022A perfect and wonderful costumeBottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy tsvia | December 19, 2021Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | December 3, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Fabulous!By Anny | November 14, 2021It fit well and was made with quality materials! Top notch!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Thomas | November 1, 2021True to size and worked great.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 31, 2021Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 30, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 29, 2021Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 28, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 27, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 22, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 21, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 21, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy M | October 16, 2021Size X-LargeCute costume, good quality and great price compared to other places. Shipping was fast.Was this review helpful to you?
- Unsatisfied customerBy Anonymous | September 20, 2021The item was too small and tight in the arms. Ordered Plus size and was mailed a Girls XL twice instead. Emailed customer service and they weren't any helping stating that they mailed the correct item although I sent them photos. They also wanted me to pay for the return. I ended up mailing the girls costume to my grand daughter who's 14 years old to wear for Halloween. She lived it as it was a perfect size for her.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- fantastic service!By hope | November 6, 2019I paid extra for 3-day shipping, but unfortunately my order never came in (I found out later USPS lost it). I called HalloweenCostumes and they sent me a new costume with overnight shipping in order for me to have it by Halloween. It wasn’t their fault, but the girl I talked to was super and I appreciate the amazing customer service! Highly recommend!Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled fantastic service! Yes (0) Vote No on the review titled fantastic service! No (0)Monster Responds...We're so glad that we were able to get our Made By Us costume to you in time! We hope you had plenty of fun dressing up as Dorothy this Halloween!
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | November 15, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- ClaraBy Current Customer | May 4, 2016Great fitWas this review helpful to you?
- SizeBy Anonymous | October 4, 2015The dress fits, except in the arms. I can't move my arms, it's so tight.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Oscar Riva | May 30, 2015Is great, good quality and the most important, cheap price.Was this review helpful to you?
- For an Emerald Gala event- perfect!By SANDY P. | December 6, 2013Great!Was this review helpful to you?
- so so stuffBy Anonymous | November 24, 2013don't expect too much from this. the back does not close totally, just a tie at the top so our "Dorothy" has to wear a body suit. Very flimsy material. certainly not worth the price paid for it.Was this review helpful to you?
- Cute costumeBy Drjonesmvb | September 26, 2013Runs true to size or a bit on the small size..and can't quite understand why the back of the shirt and separate skirt are wide open...will have to figure out some creative underclothing :) but the dress is cute and looks the part... I'm 6' and 185 lbs and needed the XL, It'll work and even have a real "Toto" to accompany me to the party!Was this review helpful to you?