Plus Size Women's Medieval Laced Gown Costume
- Lacing Cord
- 100% polyester crushed velvet fabric
- Cord lacing through cord loops at shoulders & bodice front
- Skirt is open at center front to expose a chemise or underskirt (not included)
- Also available in standard size
If you want that magic mirror to tell you that you're the fairest maiden in all the land, you're going to have bring your "A" game in terms of what you're wearing. Because trust us, that pesky mirror will let you know if you don't quite look the part. Is your dress historically authentic-looking? Is it rich in detail? Could it pass for the wardrobe of a young country maiden, or a noble lady of wealth and means? That's a lot of bases to cover, but this dress will help you pull it off... and finally, at long last, silence that mouthy magic mirror! For a great way to get into character and leave an impression no matter what time period you're in, there's no better option than this Plus Size Women's Medieval Laced Gown!
Made of crushed velvet for a truly lustrous and historical look, this dress looks great worn over a petticoat, chemise, or underskirt. It's open at the front so you can have that classic "layered" look, which in Elizabethan times (and many others, for that matter!) was truly all the rage. Another detail that hits perfectly on fashion from 16th Century Europe is the bodice with the laced front, which evokes a time when clothing wasn't churned out by assembly lines and had to be hand-made.
It's the perfect attire for any medieval-themed Halloween party, stage production, or, of course, renaissance fair. Just be sure to have a look around at our wide selection of wigs and jewelry for the perfect historical accessories!
|Plus||Chest||40" - 46"||102cm - 117cm|
- Read the fine print!By Anonymous | October 21, 2015Apparently you have to buy the chemise underneath the gown. The gown is already expensive enough without having to purchase something else.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 10, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Deceptive!By Anonymous | April 25, 2019I bought this costume to wear to a Halloween skating party. First of all, the chemise shown underneath the gown is sold separately! Second of all, the chemist shown here has been tailored if you look at the sleeves and the skirt. The actual chemist is HUGE! I'm a size 14/16 and I had to pull the cords very tight. The dress is lovely but it dragged the floor! I'm average height and even with my skates on, it still would've been dangerous to skate in. I ended up scrapping the idea of wearing this costume. Bottom line, I wouldn't buy this unless you know your way around a sewing machine.Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Hi there, I'm really sorry to hear about any disappointment with the costume, or if you felt misled at all! I would always suggest reaching out to customer service in cases like that, as we'd love to help you out!