Chimney Sweep Costume for Adults
- Shirt/Vest Combo
- 100% polyester poplin, broadcloth & interlock knit fabrics
- Gray broadcloth shirt portion has buttons at cuffs & center front
- Shirt/vest combo has black interlock back, black poplin vest panels sewn to front
- Black pinstriped pants have elastic waist & ties around the knees
- Red bandana scarf
- Black poplin cap has stiffened bill
Take a trip back in time – to a time when the streets were a little dirtier but a little less congested. When industry was just starting to take off and everyone knew their neighbor.
Back in the early part of the 1900s, London was full of dirty chimneys that needed to be cleaned. This issue created the job of chimney sweep, which became a career for only the bravest of souls. Why did it require bravery? Because sometimes these men would have to climb into a chimney to scrub it clean. And that presents a whole list of potential hazards: getting stuck, getting burned, falling, etc. But while they did this dangerous job, they would always whistle while they worked – perhaps to keep their minds off of the dangers they faced. Now you can become one of these happy men covered in coal in this chimney sweep costume.
This costume comes with everything you need to get started as a chimney sweep (though I don’t think they are in as much demand these days). The broadcloth shirt has buttons at the cuffs as well as in the front. The vest has a black interlock back with vest panels sewn to the front. The pants have an elastic waist for a comfortable fit and they have a classic black pinstripe look with ties around the knees to keep the soot from getting too far up your pants! Top off the traditional look with the red bandana scarf and black cap with stiff bill – a signature of most chimney sweeps.
|X-Small||Chest||34" - 36"||86cm - 91cm|
|X-Small||Waist||22" - 30"||56cm - 76cm|
|Small||Chest||38" - 40"||97cm - 102cm|
|Small||Waist||24" - 32"||61cm - 81cm|
|Medium||Chest||42" - 44"||107cm - 112cm|
|Medium||Waist||26" - 34"||66cm - 86cm|
|Standard||Chest||46" - 48"||117cm - 122cm|
|Standard||Waist||28" - 36"||71cm - 91cm|
|X-Large||Chest||52" - 54"||132cm - 137cm|
|X-Large||Waist||30" - 38"||76cm - 97cm|
- A good costumeBy TJ | November 4, 2022Height 5’7 | Weight 170Held up well. Shirt is on the short side. Don’t expect to tuck it in. Pants are a little long but the ties at the knees help. Wife stole the show as Mary, but happily held up the back.
170 lbs. wore a mediumBottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled A good costume Yes (0) Vote No on the review titled A good costume No (0)
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | November 1, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 26, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 25, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Two StarsBy Anonymous | October 23, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 11, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 6, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | October 5, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | September 21, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | February 22, 2021Size MediumBottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 7, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | October 31, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- Two StarsBy Current Customer | February 12, 2019Very thin, ripped immediately after putting on.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 16, 2018Was this review helpful to you?