Captain Obvious Men's Costume
- Shoulder Cord
- 3 Medals
- Captain Obvious Men's Costume
- 100% polyester
- Poplin jacket has satin collar & lapels, ribbon trim on sleeves
- Fastens w/ hook & loop at front, behind decorative buttons
- Shoulder cord can be looped through epaulets
- Hat has plastic hoop in crown to maintain shape
- Medals attach to jacket w/ included safety pins
- Officially licensed
Have you ever wondered why public buildings don't specify what is coming out of their drinking fountains? Anything liquid could be coming out of those spouts and if it's clarified beet juice we don't want anything to do with it. The thing about stating the obvious is that sometimes it just needs to happen. That's why we love the captain.
Take that infamous incident on the Titanic for instance, no not Rose's scandalous love triangle, that’s fiction. We’re talking about the real life accident! It should have been obvious that there was an iceberg ahead and maybe it was. If Captain Obvious had been there doing what he does best, then maybe that ship would have remained afloat. While we would miss weeping every time we heard the opening lines to Celine Dion's classic ballad it would have been nice to prevent that epic tragedy. So, whether the issue is small, like stating that the coffee in your to go cup is hot, or large like announcing a humongous iceberg is looming up ahead, sometimes stating the obvious is what needs to happen.
You can be the one at the helm, making those important announcements at your next costumed affair. This red jacket with official-looking cording and medals will give you the authority to state with confidence that someone is dressed as a cat or another person has fallen down when they trip on the door jamb, because who knows when the so-called obvious facts just might save the day!
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- It worked for my son...By Christie | November 9, 2018It worked for my son but I had to alter it quite a bit (as expected) & purchase a lot of extras to complete the look for a Halloween dance party he attended. I ordered the smallest size (M) available for my slim 15 y/o son (5'9" tall & 26x32 pants) . A total of 8" was taken in on the jacket & 2" off each sleeve, plus I had to add shoulder pads & more Velcro to change the position of the jacket closure. The jacket is made of thin satin/polyester type material. It ironed easily. The hat is pretty good and fit great. The medals are heavy & have funny sayings on them but I had to re-hotglue the pin on each one. The cord was nicely made but took multiple tries to get it placed right & I had to zip tie it so it wouldn't come off. I had to purchase black pants, yellow leg cord (& attach to the pants), white dress shirt, beard, mustache & glue separately. All in all, although he ended up looking great, it was quite time consuming & costly to get him there.Was this review helpful to you?