Adult Green Renaissance Lady Costume
- 100% polyester stretch velour, brocade & chiffon fabrics
- Pullover velour dress has square neckline edged w/ brocade ribbon
- Skirt front has gold brocade inset panel
- Brocade ribbon at waistline & separating velour upper sleeves from hanging chiffon lower sleeves
- Metallic gold braid headband has 2 sewn-on fabric flowers, elastic band at back
In our experience, some of the best-looking costumes get overlooked just because they were inspired by a historical era that doesn’t lend itself to outfits with a lot of bells and whistles. But this Adult Green Renaissance Lady Costume is the rare exception, because it goes hand-in-hand with one of the best-known tunes in English folk music! So just for fun, we thought we’d toss in a few bars of our own interpretation:
Alas, good lady, you’re headed wrong
If you think you can purchase thee
A finer set of Renaissance duds
Than this gown in the color green.
Green, green is on the sleeves,
It’s on the bodice, o’er the knees,
It’s in the grass, it’s in the trees,
Now you can look green like these!
Can’t you just hear the trill of recorders and the idle strumming of lutes? Well, we can—but we have a tendency to get a little too immersed in these kinds of things. If that’s even possible!
Either way, we think this is the perfect outfit for a costume party or Ren Faire, especially if you want to get in the olde-fashioned spirit without fussing about authenticity. This elegant combo includes a flowing dress in rich green velour with gilded accents befitting a noblewoman, and a flowery headband to match. With a little music from the period and a quaint pair of dancing shoes, it’ll be a real challenge not to cut a caper or two!
|Small||Chest||30" - 34"||76cm - 86cm|
|Small||Waist||26" - 30"||66cm - 76cm|
|Medium||Chest||32" - 36"||81cm - 91cm|
|Medium||Waist||28" - 32"||71cm - 81cm|
|Large||Chest||36" - 40"||91cm - 102cm|
|Large||Waist||30" - 34"||76cm - 86cm|
|X-Large||Chest||40" - 44"||102cm - 112cm|
|X-Large||Waist||32" - 36"||81cm - 91cm|
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @@funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 17, 2018Look great w/ green capeWas this review helpful to you?
- Pretty costumeBy Current Customer | July 29, 2016The only negative about this costume for me is I'm 5", 125 lbs and the medium is really long so I have to hem it but I knew that when I bought it. The measurement they give is accurate. The sleeves are really cool. It's a pretty dress.Was this review helpful to you?