Little Mermaid Costumes
- VideoWomens Disney Undersea Ariel Costume$68.99-$78.99
- Womens Disney Plus Ursula Costume$88.99RENT For $44.49
- Toddler Ballerina Ariel Costume$28.99
- Girls Ariel Sparkle Classic Costume$24.99
- Adult Sweet Mermaid Costume$48.99
- VideoWomen's Disney Deluxe Ariel Costume$168.99
- Toddler Deluxe Ariel Costume$38.99
- Toddler Mermaid Costume$24.99
- Infant Lobster Costume$44.99
- Child Mermaid Costume$24.99
- Toddler Lil Lobster Costume$48.99
- Seashell Mermaid Costume$68.99RENT For $34.49
- Mermaid Zombie Costume$68.99
- Seaweed Boa$8.99
- Disney Ursula Wig$28.99
- Wavy Auburn Wig$16.99
- Kids Mermaid Wig$12.99
- Ariel Child Wig$14.99
- Ariel Tiara$9.99
- Lil Mermaid Wig$19.99
- Enchanted Mermaid Wig$34.99
- Child Ariel Tiara$19.99
- ExclusiveSea Shell Purse$18.99
- Cala Wig: Nut Meg$34.99
- Out of StockSassy Ursula Costume$68.99
- Out of StockKids Prestige Ariel Costume$38.99
- Out of StockChild Ariel Costume$28.99
- VideoOut of StockStyleable Fever Khloe Neon Red Wig$44.99
Do mermaids really exist? They do in the folklore of many world cultures throughout history. The first recorded mermaid stories date to the Assyrians in about 1000 BC. The Sirens of Greek mythology were close to the modern concept of a mermaid. Mermaids were often seen as omens of death or other misfortune. Sometimes they would warn humans that a storm or disaster was imminent. Sometimes they are benign or helpful.
Early seafaring explorers and pirates reported seeing "female forms" in coastal waters. Log books from Christopher Columbus and Blackbeard mention them! Modern biologists believe that those mariners actually saw manatees or dugongs. These large marine mammals have broad, flat tails and no dorsal fins.
The best-known mermaid tale is the Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale "The Little Mermaid." It was made into an animated feature in 1989 by Disney. Ariel wants to be part of the human world, while her friends and family tell her she should be satisfied with her life under the sea. She obtains a charm from the evil sea witch, Ursula, that lets her become human for three days. But she pays a tremendous price--her beautiful singing voice. If she can receive the "kiss of true love" from Prince Eric within that time, she will be able to remain human and regain her voice. If not, she returns to the sea as a mermaid under Ursula's control. Ursula, of course, doesn't play fair and almost succeeds in preventing Ariel's happy ending. But true love conquers all, and Ursula is vanquished.
You or your daughter can become Ariel in one of our Little Mermaid costumes. And we also have a costume for your Prince. Re-create the magical kingdom under the sea!