Captain Hook Costumes
- VideoExclusiveDeluxe Captain Hook Costume$84.99RENT For $42.49
- VideoExclusiveCaptain Blackheart Pirate Costume$44.99
- *Sale!Kid's Captain Black Pirate Costume$34.99$28.99-$34.99*YOU SAVE17%
- ExclusiveTeen Captain Hook Costume$64.99
- ExclusivePlus Size Deluxe Captain Hook Costume$89.99RENT For $44.99
- *Sale!Child Captain Hook Costume$24.99$19.99-$24.99*YOU SAVE20%
- ExclusiveChild Deluxe Captain Hook Costume$48.99
- Mens Regal Pirate Captain Costume$68.99RENT For $34.49
- ExclusiveCaptain Hook Costume Wig$18.99
- Silver Pirate Hook$4.99
- ExclusiveCaptain Meyer Pirate Hat$14.99
- Classic Pirate Hook$2.99
- ExclusiveKids Captain Meyer Pirate Hat$12.99
- Captain Pirate Wig$34.99
- Red Pirate Hat w/ Feather$22.99
- Toddler Pirate Fairy Tinker Bell Deluxe Costume$44.99
- Womens Regal Pirate Lady Costume$68.99
When you think of a pirate, it's a safe bet that one of the first names you think of is Captain Hook. He's one of the most memorable fictional villains ever created. He's been portrayed countless times on stage, screen, and in print, by many different actors and writers.
The original creator of Captain James (sometimes abbreviated as Jas) Hook was J.M. Barrie. In the stage play Peter Pan and its novelization, Peter and Wendy, Barrie discloses that "Hook was not his true name. To reveal who he really was would even at this date set the country in a blaze." So we are never told Hook's true name or origins. Later authors have given him a back-story as the illegitimate son of a nobleman. Barrie also described Hook as having a handsome countenance and elegant diction. He is quite well-educated, having been a student at Eton and at Oxford.
With the advantage of an elite education, how did he end up a pirate? We're never told. He lost his hand (the right, according to Barrie, but the left in many other depictions) in a duel with Peter Pan. The severed hand is then eaten by a crocodile, which incident gives Hook his two great fears. He's afraid of crocodiles, and the sight of his own blood. The crocodile ultimately does him in, when Hook is knocked overboard by Peter in the duel to save Wendy.
If you want to become Hook, you can choose the cultured gentleman pirate of Barrie's original conception, or the comic buffoon of the Disney film. Choose a pirate costume--we have Hook costumes for both kids and adults. Add a hook (of course!). Pair with friends as Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, Wendy, or just other pirates. You need a crew for your ship, don't you?