Women's Jane Austen Costume
- Dress: 100% polyester, jacket: 97% polyester, 3% cotton
- Pullover dress has elastic waist
- Jacket has 4 decorative buttons at center front
- Ribbon belt has hook & loop fastener at the back
- Bonnet has ribbons to tie under chin
- Exclusively, made by us!
What a Novel Idea
Small talk can be so boring. What's the weather been up to? How's work? Do you think that paint that we're watching on the wall is dry yet? It's time we went back to a time when making conversation was an art. A time when you couldn't quite come out with your true opinions but you could certainly waltz around any subject you liked for an hour or two in the drawing room. A time when Jane Austen was a master at crafting stories around human interactions!
Details & Design
Want to look right at home strolling through an English garden while contemplating a new composition for your novel? Our exclusive Jane Austen costume will make you feel like a 19th century novelist in an instant. This costume includes a long dress cinched with a pink ribbon at the waist. It has a square neckline and a sheer sleeve. It can be worn with or without the cropped jacket with its gorgeous puffed sleeves with pleats and buttons down the front. The whole ensemble is topped with a beautiful blue bonnet that's accented with a thick shiny ribbon that fastens in a bow under the chin, we'll call that Jane's thinking cap.
Ladies and Gentlemen
The 19th century was a time of Pride & Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, and so many other novels with perfectly quotable moments. And don't get us wrong, we know that Jane broke the mold chapter by chapter. Being an author wasn't an extremely ladylike profession. In fact, no profession was ladylike. But at the same time, she brought the lady's lifestyle into open air for common people to read. In fact, thanks to her gentle turn of phrase, we can still imagine that ladylike lifestyle when we curl up with one of Miss Austen's legendary books. It's time to get your quote on with a costume that pays tribute to Jane Austen's lovely wit.
|Small||Dress Chest||37 1/2"||95cm|
|Small||Empire Waist||25" - 27"||64cm - 69cm|
|Small||Dress Length||55 1/2"||141cm|
|Small||Jacket Chest||35 1/2"||90cm|
|Small||Jacket Sleeve Length||24"||61cm|
|Medium||Dress Chest||39 1/2"||100cm|
|Medium||Empire Waist||27" - 30"||69cm - 76cm|
|Medium||Jacket Chest||37 1/2"||95cm|
|Medium||Jacket Sleeve Length||24"||61cm|
|Medium||Jacket Length||15 1/2"||39cm|
|Large||Dress Chest||41 1/2"||105cm|
|Large||Empire Waist||30" - 33"||76cm - 84cm|
|Large||Dress Length||56 1/2"||144cm|
|Large||Jacket Chest||39 1/2"||100cm|
|Large||Jacket Sleeve Length||24"||61cm|
|X-Large||Empire Waist||33" - 36"||84cm - 91cm|
|X-Large||Jacket Sleeve Length||24"||61cm|
|X-Large||Jacket Length||16 1/2"||42cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- so cute!By KC | October 24, 2022Height 5'6 | Weight 168 | Size LargeYou'll have to do some trimming of loose threads on this, but it works very well overall. The bonnet is especially nice and there are good details throughout. VERY excited to wear this !!
Also, I have written a sequel to Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice which is coming out in 2023. I probably will wear this for my book signings!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Jacket is smaller than the dressBy Anonymous | September 19, 2019I like this costume, in spite of its issues: 1) The jacket is smaller than the dress. There's a reason the model in the photo only buttoned the jacket at the top: it's too small to button any further down! 2) It came dirty: a three inch long green pen mark, but it was in the fold of the fabric at the back, so it can't be seen. Also had a splatter of black spots at the hem. 3) In spite of the fact that the dress has a lining, IT IS STILL SEE-THROUGH. Wear a slip or petticoat of some sort.Was this review helpful to you?