Adult Louis XVI Costume
- Jacket w/ Attached Vest
- Adult Louis XVI Costume
- 100% polyester taffeta & chiffon fabric
- Vest panels sewn into jacket fasten w/ metal hooks & eyes behind braid trim
- Jacket has decorative buttons
- Gold braid trim on jacket front, vest panels, false pocket flaps and sleeve cuffs
- Chiffon jabot has hook & loop fastener at back of neck band
- Cropped pants have elastic back waistband, braid trim at cuffs
- Wig and knee socks each sold separately
Life as a king in the late 1700s was a social one. In fact, kings were almost never left alone. From the moment Louis XVI woke up in the morning, he was surrounded by servants, advisors, and top guys from his various councils. And yes, luxurious royal activities abounded. He had to get his wig powdered and shaped. He went hunting with the boys. He entertained dignitaries in the hall of mirrors (we'll give you one guess what the walls of that hall are decorated with). Our point? The royal guy was super busy! With all the little details he needed to cover to keep his royal household happy, it's no wonder he lost track of what his subjects wanted!
Details & Design
This luxurious costume is Made by Us, meaning the king's top looks have been researched by our in-house designers. The high-waisted short pants, the long jacket, and the waistcoat all have a Rococo-inspired trim, making it look right at home in the over-the-top trappings of Versailles. You'll love the little details from the buttons to the lightweight cravat. Just be sure you avoid any swarms of angry French peasants.
Louis's reign might not have been a popular one, he's the only king that literally lost his head in the end. But we like to think that his ungraceful exit from the throne room was a symptom of the times rather than a personal hit at this fashionable king. If it hadn't been for the expensive wars, the uncomfortable wigs everyone was wearing, and the fact that the peasants wanted freedom and access to food, Louis probably would have been fine! How can you stay mad at a man wearing gold filigree trimmed short pants? Whether you're heading out with Marie Antoinette on your arm or you're making your royal debut solo, this costume will allow you to start Louis's reign fresh!
|Small||Waist||29" - 39"||74cm - 99cm|
|Medium||Waist||32" - 42"||81cm - 107cm|
|Medium||Pants Length||28 1/2"||72cm|
|Large||Waist||36" - 46"||91cm - 117cm|
|X-Large||Waist||40" - 50"||102cm - 127cm|
|X-Large||Pants Length||29 1/2"||75cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- WeddingBy David | November 18, 2018My friend and I dress up like coachman for my friend wedding. We both surprised the bride with the outfit and horse and carriage.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | November 18, 2018We came first place in a costume contest wearing these. They are amazingly beautiful for the price. The pant seam did splint the second time I wore it, but again, for this price it served me well!Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy leandro | October 12, 2020Size LargeI really like this costumeBottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | December 8, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 22, 2018beautiful and great quality! Even better in person.Was this review helpful to you?