Adult Louis XVI Costume
- Jacket w/ Attached Vest
- 100% polyester taffeta & chiffon fabric
- Vest panels sewn into jacket fasten w/ metal hooks & eyes behind braid trim
- Jacket has decorative buttons
- Gold braid trim on jacket front, vest panels, false pocket flaps and sleeve cuffs
- Chiffon jabot has hook & loop fastener at back of neck band
- Cropped pants have elastic back waistband, braid trim at cuffs
- Wig and knee socks each sold separately
- Exclusively, made by us!
Life as a king in the late 1700s was a social one. In fact, kings were almost never left alone. From the moment Louis XVI woke up in the morning, he was surrounded by servants, advisors, and top guys from his various councils. And yes, luxurious royal activities abounded. He had to get his wig powdered and shaped. He went hunting with the boys. He entertained dignitaries in the hall of mirrors (we'll give you one guess what the walls of that hall are decorated with). Our point? The royal guy was super busy! With all the little details he needed to cover to keep his royal household happy, it's no wonder he lost track of what his subjects wanted!
Details & Design
This luxurious costume is Made by Us, meaning the king's top looks have been researched by our in-house designers. The high-waisted short pants, the long jacket, and the waistcoat all have a Rococo-inspired trim, making it look right at home in the over-the-top trappings of Versailles. You'll love the little details from the buttons to the lightweight cravat. Just be sure you avoid any swarms of angry French peasants.
Louis's reign might not have been a popular one, he's the only king that literally lost his head in the end. But we like to think that his ungraceful exit from the throne room was a symptom of the times rather than a personal hit at this fashionable king. If it hadn't been for the expensive wars, the uncomfortable wigs everyone was wearing, and the fact that the peasants wanted freedom and access to food, Louis probably would have been fine! How can you stay mad at a man wearing gold filigree trimmed short pants? Whether you're heading out with Marie Antoinette on your arm or you're making your royal debut solo, this costume will allow you to start Louis's reign fresh!
|Small||Sleeve Length||25 1/2"||65cm|
|Small||Waist||29" - 39"||74cm - 99cm|
|Medium||Waist||32" - 42"||81cm - 107cm|
|Medium||Pants Length||28 1/2"||72cm|
|Large||Sleeve Length||26 1/2"||67cm|
|Large||Waist||36" - 46"||91cm - 117cm|
|X-Large||Sleeve Length||26 3/4"||68cm|
|X-Large||Waist||40" - 50"||102cm - 127cm|
|X-Large||Pants Length||29 1/2"||75cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- WeddingBy David | November 18, 2018My friend and I dress up like coachman for my friend wedding. We both surprised the bride with the outfit and horse and carriage.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | November 18, 2018We came first place in a costume contest wearing these. They are amazingly beautiful for the price. The pant seam did splint the second time I wore it, but again, for this price it served me well!Was this review helpful to you?
- NOT IMPRESSEDBy Shan | November 3, 2022Ordered one, when it arrived had a rip straight down the seam on the back. Returned it for another. Not ripped when we received it but ripped almost immediately once it was put on. The jacket was not tight and the pants were larger. The pants also ripped.
Very VERY CHEAPLY made.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Nice look, but material and stitching is weakBy John | October 30, 2022Height 6 | Weight 200 | Size LargeThe costume is good for the look, but the material is slightly see through and the outside seam on the right leg tore with 5 minutes of putting it in. It shredded, actually. I ordered large, I am 6 foot 200 lbs.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Expensive for cheap, thin materialBy Jonathan | October 14, 2022Height 6'2 | Weight 250 | Size LargeThe gold filigree looks okay but everything else is bad. The outfit material is nearly translucent. The seams seem ready to burst, and one came partially unsewn. I checked the measurements before ordering and it still seems to run small (make sure you're not muscular if you wear this). I don't have time to find anything else for my Halloween party. Boo, and not in the good way.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- MehBy brian schneider | May 16, 2022Height 5 7” | Weight 195” | Size X-LargeThe costume looks as advertised. Plan on standing like the model. I had the misfortune of any movement and the costume tore at multiple seams…most notably the lateral seams on both pant legs and the middle seam of the back of the jacket. The movements were natural in nature…squatting down to pick up dropped car keys.Was this review helpful to you?
- Excellent overall experience. Highly Recommended.By Jeremy K | March 18, 2022Height 6ft. | Weight 171 lbs. | Size LargeAlthough I experienced a technological hiccup during the checkout process when my digital coupon wasn't applied as designed, "Jess" stayed with me via text to see me through the defect. I was eventually able to apply the auto-discount and process payment correctly. My order came within 6 days following my order and I couldn't be happier. The Casanova / French Court Dandy (Men's Louis XVI Costume is quite dapper. The faux satin is brilliant, though thin, and very polished. I plan to wear this for a photo shoot and can't wait to finally wear it with my aristocratic accessories. Overall, the shipping, the costume, and the customer service of this small business have knocked it out of the park with this happy patron. Highly recommended.Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled Excellent overall experience. Highly Recommended. Yes (0) Vote No on the review titled Excellent overall experience. Highly Recommended. No (0)Monster Responds...Hello, We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience and that we were able to help you. We also love hearing how much you loved the costume and we hope your photo shoot goes well. Thanks for the kind review we really appreciate it.
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | November 21, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- One StarBy Laura | October 19, 2021Bought this for my husband hoping it would work. Sadly, it is so cheap, poorly made and so thin you can see right thru the fabric.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Connie | October 18, 2021Seams not sown in some areas- had to re-sowWas this review helpful to you?
- Poor qualityBy Anonymous | October 17, 2021Size X-LargeThis costume was really flimsy for the price. The entire thing was see through, and the pants came split down the middle. I tried to fix them and then they split down the sides too. I can't imagine they would have held up to anyone actually wearing them or walking in them.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | September 22, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy leandro | October 12, 2020Size LargeI really like this costumeBottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | December 8, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 22, 2018beautiful and great quality! Even better in person.Was this review helpful to you?