King Henry Costume for Adults
- X-Large: Sep 3 2023
- Jacket w/ Attached Neck Chain
- Pair of Stockings
- Jacket: 100% polyester; tunic: 96% polyester, 4% metallic tapestry, faux suede & faux fur
- Tapestry tunic fastens w/ gold-tone buttons at center front
- Tunic has lace edging at neck & sleeve cuffs, lace & faux gems along length of sleeves
- Faux suede jacket has fur collar & lapels, brocade ribbon strips on puffed sleeves & along hemline
- White thigh-high stockings
- Black velvet hat has feather edging & faux gems on brim
- Be a 16th century baller!
Had the term “baller” existed during King Henry VIII's reign, it definitely would have been applied to him. We're talking about a guy who decided that he didn't like the church's rules, so he made his own church. We're talking about a guy who walked around wearing jewels on his fingers, around his neck and let's not forget that he had owned more property than a real estate tycoon in New York City. He spent his mornings hunting instead of working and he spent his nights gambling and playing cards. He could shred the lute like a boss and he even wrote a best-selling book of his time. Of course...a few of his wives ended up being executed, so not everything he did was totally awesome, but maybe with a little help from you, and this King Henry costume, you can rewrite history!
Design & Details
Being a baller from the 16th century starts with kingly regalia and this costume delivers. It's with a tunic and jacket combination that's designed to make you look like English royalty, since the tunic has a floral pattern and the jacket has pronounced shoulders, gold trim, and faux fur. The stockings give the appropriate look of the time, since those were totally cool back then. The hat mimics the one worn by the king, since he wasn't a fan of wearing a crown when it cramped his style. Of course, no 16th-century baller costume is complete without a neck chain, which this costume also includes. Yes, you'll be rolling in style like a king when you wear this outfit. You may even catch the eye of a young Anne Boleyn when you head to the party wearing this stylish costume.
|Medium||Tunic Sleeve Length||24"||61cm|
|Medium||Tunic Length||38 1/2"||98cm|
|Medium||Hat Circumference||22 1/2"||57cm|
|Standard||Jacket Length||42 1/2"||108cm|
|Standard||Tunic Sleeve Length||24 1/2"||62cm|
|Standard||Hat Circumference||22 1/2"||57cm|
|X-Large||Tunic Sleeve Length||25"||64cm|
|X-Large||Tunic Length||40 1/2"||103cm|
|X-Large||Hat Circumference||22 1/2"||57cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Follow us @funcostumes and tag us with #yesfuncostumes for a chance to have your photo featured here.
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 17, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Perfect look for madrigal costumeBy RHS Drama Department | April 28, 2021Size X-LargeGood quality material. Had is good quality material; the design a little strange.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?