Edgar Allan Poe Costume for Men
- Jacket: 77% polyester, 12% rayon, 5% acrylic, 3% nylon, 3% wool, vest: 100% polyester worsted, brocade, & satin fabrics
- Brocade vest has satin shawl collar, satin covered buttons at front
- Second column of buttons gives double-breasted look
- Satin cravat has same-fabric neck band w/ hook & loop fastener at back
- Worsted jacket has satin facings & satin-covered buttons at front
- 2 false pocket flaps
- Raven prop is 7" long from beak to tip of tail
- NOTE: model is wearing a white shirt and black trousers that are not part of this costume
- Skull prop, wig & mustache are each sold separately
- Exclusively, made by us!
What was it that gave Edgar Allan Poe his twisted imagination? Poe started writing at an extremely young age, publishing an epic historic poem at the young age of eighteen. The only epic writing we were doing at that age were angsty posts on social media! After that, he went on to write some of the most exquisite works of horror and remake the legacy of American literature.
Turns out, you don't need to be from the moors of England to access a truly dreary muse! Poe kept readers on the edges of their seats with stories of guilty consciences, clever revenge, and deep mourning. Basically, he had the macabre-minded Victorians eating out of his hand! Without his strange imagination, we might not have the rich horror and detective genres that keep us in goosebumps to this day, and what a dark world that would be...
Design & Details
This historical costume is Made By Us, which means it was designed by our in-house creative team! This dismal yet distinguished look features a long black coat and a subtle brocade vest with a satin cravat layered underneath. You'll also receive a raven that can sit on your shoulder. While the bird won't croak the iconic word, "nevermore" we're sure that it will make this costume instantly recognizable!
History in the Shaking
The Raven, The Cask of Amontillado, The Tell-Tale Heart. Everyone has their favorite Edgar Allan Poe story! This is one historical costume that's perfect for Halloween and beyond! Wherever you're wearing this costume, make sure you pull off this look with pale makeup for a sickly look, a tousled head of hair, and a mustache that'll place you firmly in the 19th century.
Just don't be surprised if you're asked what new horror you're dreaming up these days. It's not every day people get to meet the founding father of frightening fiction!
|Small||Jacket Length||38 3/4"||98cm|
|Small||Vest Length||21 1/2"||55cm|
|Medium||Sleeve Length||25 1/2"||65cm|
|Large||Jacket Length||40 3/4"||104cm|
|Large||Vest Length||22 1/2"||57cm|
|X-Large||Sleeve Length||26 1/4"||67cm|
|X-Large||Jacket Length||41 1/2"||105cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Five StarsBy Melanie | November 1, 2021Size LargeThe costume was fabulous better than expected and was a huge hit as my son channeled his inner Poe.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- HORRIBLE PURCHASEBy Cal Weathers | November 22, 2022Size X-LargeSo I bought this costume for a Halloween party but when it arrived in the mail the left sleeve of the black coat fell off and they forgot to include the fake mustache in the box. The coat wasn't good anyways since it felt itchy when I felt the inside of it. Do not buy this costume it is really low quality.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- One StarBy Anonymous | October 25, 2022Utter garbage. Crap material. Wig is a mess looks nothing like pictures. Gloves are super small. Can barely fit entire hand. Save yourself the trouble, don’t order this product or any of the accessories.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Good for the priceBy Anonymous | October 13, 2022Height 5'5 | Weight 150 | Size LargeAfter reading the other reviews I decided to try a Large, it was too big (for reference I typically wear a women's 6, small, or medium). Failed to realize until afterward I needed my own shirt and pants, but that's not a a big deal. Was worried about the quality of the fabric being terrible, but, while the cravat and vest are flimsy, they are not itchy at all. I am a fan of the coat, it feels like decent quality and warm! The costume came with a bird, which seemed decent enough no complaints there. It did not come with mustache, skull, or wig, but again no complaints.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- DO NOT BUYBy Jimmy Gibbs Jr | March 22, 2022I bought this thinking it would be good quality for my son but when it arrived it instantly fell apart and the crow was just a bad plastic toy. Do not buy this I thought it would be better.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | November 1, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | October 20, 2021The outfit and quality was excellent, but their size information is way off base which made me have to buy two outfits. I am a slender male, my size runs between small to medium. I ordered medium and it did not come even close to fitting. I had to reorder a large. That fit fine. Maybe their standard is child size, but all the data on their web site, waist size etc. said it would match. Again the quality of the product is great, but please order a size above if you want something to fit.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?