Plus Size Women's Caribbean Pirate Costume
- Vest/Shirt Combo
- Pair of Boot Covers
- 100% polyester knit, poplin & faux suede; 100% cotton muslin
- Shirt/vest combo has muslin sleeves & shirt front
- Faux suede vest panels have antique-brass-tone buttons, false pocket flaps
- Faux suede jacket has decorative stitching, distressed finish
- Poplin pants have elastic at waist and cropped cuffs
- Faux suede hat has wire in brim edge for shape
- Adherence to the pirate code is optional (they're really more like guidelines anyway)
- Faux leather belt has antique-brass-tone metal buckle
- Cuffed boot tops have elastic in top edges
There are numerous laws secreted away in pirate society. The Pirate King keeps careful check of each and distributes glorious boons to those who adhere and terrible punishments upon those who dare defy the code. Of course, there is one law within the many rules of piracy that throws the entire system out of whack: breaking pirate law can sometimes result in even greater rewards than following them! Piracy is all about risk, gambling, and finding the greatest rewards for the most fantastic of adventures, after all, so who could expect breaking a law to come with no possible gain?
One of the rules most worthy of disruption is the silly idea that a pirate captain need be a Lord. Whoever decided that a pirate needed to be born with a proverbial sword is certainly in for the shock of his life when the pirate queens come to port with their swashbuckling skills and their charmed and loyal buccaneers. Whether it is Angelica, the manipulative and enigmatic daughter of Blackbeard, himself, or the Queen of the Seven Seas, ready to lay claim to the Pirate King’s crown, we all know it will make for the most epic adventure yet.
And it is time to get your boots on the deck with this Women’s Caribbean Pirate costume. Sailing the seven seas sure isn’t easy as a lass, but you’ll be a step ahead of everyone with this maroon vest with aged gold buttons, matching rustic gold buckled belt, and the authentically sea-worn jacket. The black hat can be reformed to your preferred shape. Join this attire with your favorite cutlass and knee-high buccaneer boot and the seas will be begging you to set sail. And, should anyone question your right to captain your vessel, remember: adherence to the pirate code is optional, so long as you’ve got the guts to challenge them!
|1X||Sleeve Length||25 3/4"||65cm|
|1X||Pants Waist||32" - 47"||81cm - 119cm|
|2X||Shirt Waist||41 1/2"||105cm|
|2X||Shirt Length||38 1/2"||98cm|
|2X||Sleeve Length||25 3/4"||65cm|
|2X||Pants Waist||35 1/2" - 51 1/2"||90cm - 131cm|
|2X||Pants Length||27 1/2"||70cm|
|3X||Shirt Waist||46 1/2"||118cm|
|3X||Sleeve Length||25 3/4"||65cm|
|3X||Pants Waist||38" - 53"||97cm - 135cm|
|4X||Shirt Waist||51 1/2"||131cm|
|4X||Sleeve Length||25 3/4"||65cm|
|4X||Pants Waist||43" - 58"||109cm - 147cm|
|5X||Sleeve Length||25 3/4"||65cm|
|5X||Pants Waist||48" - 63"||122cm - 160cm|
|6X||Pants Waist||54" - 68"||137cm - 173cm|
|7X||Pants Waist||58" - 72"||147cm - 183cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Not worth the money.By Anonymous | October 31, 2014My first issue was picking a size. Between some sizes there were 2 inches difference, between others there was an 8 in difference. This really made me second guess the size chart. I measured to be right at 3x but I have found most halloween costumes run smaller than chart, I wanted a 4x. Those were out of stock so I got a 5x. It was HUGE! I had to alter everything except the boot covers which were very small (did not fit my friend who wears a size 8). The fabric is cheap looking. The hat was a wadded mess. My office had a pirate themed halloween and the walmart costumes looked better than mine. I wish I'd spent 19.97 instead of 90+Was this review helpful to you?
- Awesome Costume!By MARLYNN B. | November 9, 2014This has a much more expensive and finished feel and was well worth the money! Absolutely love it!Was this review helpful to you?
- AWESOME!By Anonymous | September 21, 2014I got my costume the other day, and I was blown away! It was well worth the money! I normally wear a size 18W - 20W. The size cart told me 4X in this costume. It fits great and I have room to play with my sewing machine taking it in where I need too! The only thing I didn't like was the hat, but I think with some L200 foam it will shape out nice. I bought this costume as a base to start with, but I'm so pleased with it, if I don't get around to doing my customizing, it won't bother me. I also bought the exclusive Captain Jack Sparrow wig-I love it and all the do-dads and trinkets! The 80's bangs kinda got me, but it will be easy to customize to the style I want!Was this review helpful to you?
- Great costumeBy CherylH | September 6, 2015I ordered this costume and it is great! I actually won Best Costume at the party I wore it to! I ordered a 3x because costumes usually run a little small. Everything fit great and was not too tight. The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars is that even though the pants weren't tight, while I was putting on the boot covers the pants ripped - like they weren't sewed right. Luckily it was high enough so that the shirt and the jacket covered the rip. I'm hoping I can patch it. Didn't like the hat but I had ordered a wig with a bandana and wore that.Was this review helpful to you?
- Less Great than the Men's Pirate CostumeBy Seebs | October 30, 2021Size 6XI ordered this pirate costume, as well as the men's Blackbeard pirate costume. The difference is materials was somewhat remarkable. The men's Blackbeard pirate costume was well made, all the designs stayed in place, and in general, seemed to have a better theme. The women's pirate costume was poorly made, ill-fitting despite ordering to the "correct" size, and bizarrely, even the hat sucked. The hat. It was way too small even for my kids head, and it didn't maintain shape at all. Would not recommend getting this costume.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 23, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | October 16, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 14, 2021Good quality the hat is questionable. I recommendBottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 12, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 8, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | October 4, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Very comfortableBy Anonymous | January 11, 2019I wore this last year to a festival and loved it. It was nice that you had flexibility. It was warm so I went without the jacket, wore leggings and my own boots. I didn't feel fat in it, which was my goal. I'm around size 14 and got the 1X.Was this review helpful to you?
- Thin, cheap material, Ill fittingBy Anonymous | September 17, 2018Last year, I bought one of the, “exclusive made by us”, costumes and was astounded by the level of quality of the costume. That made my decision to be a repeat customer, a no-brainer. However, this costume is extremely disappointing. The material is so cheap and thin. The hems/seams are raw. I will be completely surprised if this survives 1/2 of an event. The restocking fee ensures that I will not waste my time and money again.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great Costume!By Anonymous | September 26, 2017I really love that this costume has all that you need to transform into a pirate. I just bought a pirate sword and the outfit is complete! I wish that all sizes cost the same price. I wanted a smaller size, but they were out of my size and the next size cost $10 more than the size 2 bigger than what I wanted. I ended up with a very roomy costume buying 2 sizes bigger. The quality of the costume is good for the price. The hat needs a lot of shaping to try to make it a pirate hat, but the vest and shirt and jacket are great!Was this review helpful to you?
- Very nice!By Current Customer | September 28, 2016Although I could have gotten away with a size smaller, this costume is exactly as seen. I'm impressed with some of the things, such as the vest being all one piece with a tie in the back to snug it up. The hat...no so good...boot covers were okay..hey it's a costume, not a item of clothing to wear out and about! Overall, it was a good purchase.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Stefani Hilton-Dueck | August 4, 2015Pirate hat isn't really a pirate hat, but will make it work. Everything else is perfect and I love the costume. It was suggested to order 2X but I went with 3X because I wanted looser and that worked great.Was this review helpful to you?