Sexy Spanish Pirate Costume
- This product has restrictions that limit the countries that we can ship to. This product cannot be shipped to Australia
It's no secret that a pirate costume is always a good choice for any costumed occasion. After all, who wouldn't want to look like they live on the open water, do whatever suits them, and answers to no kings? But, have you ever stopped to think about what kind of pirate to be? We'd have to say this Sexy Spanish Pirate Costume is the perfect swashbuckling ensemble for your Halloween party!
To find out why, open your history books to the "Golden Age of Piracy," which is basically where the pop culture idea of pirates comes from. During this period, the Spaniards were the head honchos in the Caribbean, and Spanish galleons (huge, heavy cargo ships) taking treasure back to Spain were some of the hottest targets for pirates (because "treasure"). We know you're still asking why Spanish pirates are such cool pirates to dress as, since it'd be kinda shady of them to plunder their own country's ships. Well, it's because many of them actually attacked other pirates that had stolen treasure from Spanish ships! So, many Spanish buccaneers, like the infamous and wickedly named Amaro Felipe, were actually "pirate-pirates" which make them pretty fearsome!
Phew, sorry about the lecture, but we love talking about pirate history, almost as much as you'll love dressing up in this sassy swashbuckler outfit. This bold, ruffled costume comes with almost everything you need to make every other pirate you meet throw down their arms. Just add a pair of fierce buckled boots and a pirate sword, and you'll be the hottest marauder on the Spanish Main!
- 100% polyester tricot, interlock knit and velour fabrics
- Red tricot halter dress has overskirt & corset of black velour w/ metallic gold swirls
- Corset bodice is edged with gold metallic eyelet braid laced with narrow gold satin ribbon
- Velour straps run from the corset tie behind the neck
- Overskirt has center front split to show red underskirt
- Underskirt has edge ruffle of black & red striped interlock
- Wide-cuffed sleeves are red tricot with elastic bands at the top, middle and wrist
- Black vinyl belt has antique-brass tone plastic buckle
- Black coin pouch has metallic gold cord drawstring
- Hat is black foam-backed tricot w/ narrow gold edge ruffle, black feather & gold bow
- Also available in plus size
- Hat w/ feather
|X-Small||Chest||26" - 30"||66cm - 76cm|
|X-Small||Waist||20" - 26"||51cm - 66cm|
|Small||Chest||24" - 30"||61cm - 76cm|
|Small||Waist||20" - 26"||51cm - 66cm|
|Medium||Chest||28" - 34"||71cm - 86cm|
|Medium||Waist||24" - 30"||61cm - 76cm|
|Large||Chest||34" - 36"||86cm - 91cm|
|Large||Waist||25" - 31"||64cm - 79cm|
|X-Large||Chest||36" - 38"||91cm - 97cm|
|X-Large||Waist||27" - 33"||69cm - 84cm|
I was afraid it might be way too small but it turned out to be perfect. The fabric was really comfortable and it was easy to put on!
One of the sleeves had loose elastic but it wasn't anything to complain about.
Everyone loved it!
The outfit is so good that my Mom wanted the exact one so I have purchased a 2nd and gave my original to her. She tried it on which fit but she lives out of state and sent it home with her.