Captivating Pirate Women's Plus Size Costume
- Neck Scarf
- Shoulder Belt
- Skirt: 100% polyester; jacket: 65% polyester, 24% cotton, 11% rayon
- Tailcoat jacket has lace-edged cuffs & lapels
- Skirt has elastic waistband
- Tiered skirt has asymmetric hemline, longer in back
- Petticoat has elastic waist, multiple tiers of tulle
- Scarf has neck band that closes w/ hook & loop fastener
- Faux leather sash has 3 loops to hold toy pistols (sold separately)
- Hat has wire in lace-edged brim for shape – bend as desired
A good pirate has two personas, one for land and one for the sea. The pirate at sea should look as fierce as possible with hair askew, scars showing, and weapons at the ready. After all, when you roll up to that treasure-laden merchant ship you want to make sure that their captain knows that you're a group of tough Buccaneers that are worth their salt. Here's a little secret: while some pirates did live up to their violent reputation many simply intimidated the crews of a ship into giving them all their riches. Looking tough was most of the battle most of the time!
Well, the Captain of a pirate crew can't be greasy and scary all the time. What's the point of having riches if you can't go ashore and mingle with the people? Many pirates would have top end finery that they'd save for their trips ashore. Let’s not pretend these pirates were only men, oh no! One of the most successful pirates, due to her strictly enforced code of conduct, was a woman from China that ran a bigger fleet of ships than her country's Navy. We bet she had some stunning outfits for rendezvousing with the authorities to pay them their bribes. So, whether you're anchoring in wild Tortuga or the civilized ports of Portugal if you're wearing this ensemble people are sure to believe you got those diamonds you're pawning through only legitimate means.
You'll look like the epitome of a sophisticated captain of the 1600's in this ivory lace-trimmed jacket and white layered skirt. You'll retain that sense of authority with the wide brimmed hat while the cross belt with room for three weapons of your choosing will let those equally two-faced authorities know that you're no one to be trifled with. Just be sure to have fun with your sharp new look, after all, what's the pirate's life for if you can't have any fun with it!
|1X||Jacket Length (back)||42"||107cm|
|1X||Skirt Waist||40" - 52"||102cm - 132cm|
|1X||Skirt Length (front)||22"||56cm|
|1X||Skirt Length (back)||42"||107cm|
|2X||Jacket Length (back)||42"||107cm|
|2X||Skirt Waist||44" - 56"||112cm - 142cm|
|2X||Skirt Length (front)||22"||56cm|
|2X||Skirt Length (back)||42"||107cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Love it!By Teri Race | September 7, 2017LOVE the costume! It's very good quality and looks as good as the picture suggests! My only problem is the skirt is WAY too big. The jacket fits perfectly, but 3 of me could fit into the skirt, so I'll have to get it altered, which will cost twice as much as the entire costume! But overall, it's wonderful and I would highly recommend this for anyone.Was this review helpful to you?
- Good costumeBy Tigger | October 23, 2018I really like the costume, but as someone already mentioned, while the jacket fits well, the skirt and petticoat are huge. Also, the jacket could use a hook, or button to keep it closed.Was this review helpful to you?
- Way too much materialBy Current Customer | August 31, 2017The skirt is very heavy and would have to at least pin to something to keep it up.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Monica | August 31, 2021The quality of these costumes are beyond my expectations!!!! From now on this is the place to order from!!! I highly recommend them.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Pirate costumeBy Shannon | May 10, 2021Height 1.68 | Size 2XNothing was hemmed properly - with loose trailing threads everywhere. Hat was buckled and bent. Elastic was too weak to hold up the skirt.
Fabric was a nice weight and colour and the jacket was flattering.
If you want a nice outfit that you can wear a couple of times or more you’ll need to fix the hems and adjust the waistband of the skirt. If you’re looking for a cheap unfinished outfit this is decent.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Elena | September 27, 2020Well I just got my white pirate costume n I'm very very impressed it's real good material everything came as shown in picture all accessories it came earlier than expected I highly recommend this site.... thank u!!! il add a pic laterBottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great CostumeBy stefian1970 | September 18, 2020The costume was a great fit. Really good quality. Very impressed.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Thanks for leaving a review with us! We hope you have a captivating Halloween season in this pirate costume!
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 22, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | November 18, 2018Sizing was off in parts of the costume. Was very happy with most of it.Was this review helpful to you?