Medieval Jester Costume
- 100% polyester
- Long sleeve black & purple shirt w/ zigzag collar
- Bells hang from the zigzag hemline of the shirt
- Elastic waistband pants
- Stuffed jester hat w/ bells on each end
So, think you're ready to take your clowning around to the professional level, eh? Not only that, you're thinking about going all the way to the royal court? Wow, that's a lot of confidence. We won't be the ones to call you foolish. Honestly, the king will probably do that. Hopefully, you've been practicing your juggling and tumbling. How do you keep that hat on when you're doing all that somersaulting?
When you're the medieval equivalent of a comedian you don't have to come up with too complicated of a comedy routine. Mostly all you have to do is pretend like you're pulling scarves out of your mouth and fall down a lot. They were really into slapstick back then. When applying for the position, people at the palace will know exactly what job you're applying for. The giant black and purple hat has that quintessential jester look, it even has a little bell on each end. So when you cock your head comically from side to side, it'll be double funny. Bells also hang from the points of the shirt, so courtiers can ready their belly laughs before you're even in the room. To complete the look consider some elf shoe covers and a jester cane. You'll be ready for the great hall.
We're glad that you've found your calling. Not everyone gets a career that they can truly enjoy. This is one way to avoid getting stuck in a cubicle. You'll be the sharpest jester the realm has ever seen. Now tumble on out of here, you've got a king to amuse!
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Quality--or lack thereof--is not a joking matter....By usagypsy | September 10, 2018I purchased this costume for a community theater production. The hat does not fit well, so I substituted another. The pants fit fine and even though HC didn't offer the matching booties, I did purchase a pair of purple & black stockings to wear to with a pair of black flats. (And, since it was to represent a Renaissance Fair, I created my own scepter.) So far, I have worn the costume for 5 performances--to rave responses from the audiences--it does look good on stage. But, the whole outfit is made from flimsy material. I have noted the tunic is starting to have "runs" going up the length of it. Fortunately, it is only happening in the back and I wear a black camisole underneath, so it isn't too obvious--yet. Keeping my fingers crossed and being careful--there are 6 more performances to go! (Given the price I paid, I had hoped it would have been a bit better quality.) In the future, I will definitely think twice before making an expensive purchase from HC. Buyer beware!Was this review helpful to you?
- Great costumeBy Current Customer | October 1, 2017My son loved it. Size is great and seems well made.Was this review helpful to you?
- Awesome Jester Costume!By Cathleen | September 27, 2016I bought this for my daughter's boyfriend, to wear @ our Renaissance wedding this November 12, 2016. I gotta tell ya fold, this is an awesome costume! The quality is wonderful & the fit is great! Also the hat fits great & looks great too :)
I highly recommend this Medieval Jester Costume, you'll love it!Was this review helpful to you?