Adult Renaissance Man Costume
- Tunic/shirt combo
- Cropped pants w/ attached boot tops
- Black shoulder sash
- NOTE: Sash will be black instead of brown as pictured
- 100% polyester velour, gauze & faux leather
- Grey velour tunic has cream gauze sleeves
- Black velour cuffs & shoulder pads
- Charcoal pants have elastic waist & velour boot tops
- Felt-backed faux leather sash
You know, "Renaissance" means "Rebirth." The time-period in history named after it was because it saw a "rebirth" or resurgence of arts, science, and literature. It started in Italy and swept across Europe over the decades. A "Renaissance Man" came to be known as a person who has was well-rounded in their studies, having studied in a variety of areas like the sciences, arts, geography and more.
Of course, not all guys were studying anatomy and trying to build flying machines at the time. Plenty of them were getting their hands dirty, whether building stuff, black smithing, or farming. And then you had a scad of explorers, artists, and merchants... yeah. Let's just say there were plenty of things to do. And the best part? They all wore some kind of Renaissance clothes while doing their jobs.
That's right. We're talking those pouffy shirts, fancy boots, and clothing we don't even have any more like doublets and corsets. Which were way cooler than t-shirts and jeans. At least, we think so. All those details, and rich colors and fabrics were flattering! Not to mention regal and romantic. Personally, we aspire to such neat outfits, and we think you should too. Like this Adult Renaissance Man Costume. It has a grey velour tunic with gauzy cream sleeves. The pants are a dark grey with elastic waistband. There's black velour cuffs and shoulder pads, with a faux leather sash, and boot toppers. You'll look like quite the Renaissance man in this outfit... in more ways than one!
- Persistent wrinkles and wrong color are of concernBy Current Customer | May 2, 2018There are a couple concerns: 1) The color of the costume was not as pictured online, if this was the only issue it could be overlooked. 2) The lingering concern is the wrinkles that will not come out of the material, both the shirt and pants. This costume was received on 4/24 has been hung up, hand washed, and even lightly steamed and the wrinkles in the material are still present. The care instructions do not give any help for this issue.
Positives- The item arrived on time, the fit was as expected for the size range, and the seams are stitched well enough for a costume.Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Thank you for the feedback on this, we'll make sure to pass that along and Customer Service will be reaching out to you in regards to a resolution!