Medieval Tavern Man Costume
- 100% polyester velvet, faux leather & interlock knit fabrics
- Navy blue velvet shirt has cream interlock sleeves w/ elastic cuffs
- Shirt has center-front cord lacing through eyelets in strips of faux leather
- Brown interlock pants have elastic waist, attached cord ankle ties
Back in a more civilized era of bar-hopping... when bars weren't called "bars" but taverns and inns, and they were filled with the sounds of mirthful merry-making and slurred folk songs as opposed to deafening EDM beats... men dressed just like this fine fellow you see above. They wore fine velvet tunics and doublets, billowy long-sleeved shirts, and comfortable but handsome breeches (that's renaissance-speak for pants). This iconic, historic look is exactly what you'll get in our Medieval Tavern Man Costume!
Made by us, this fine renaissance-era getup is perfect for any medieval outing, masquerade, or heck, just a trip to the good old neighborhood pub. And it's a surefire way to look absolutely right at home lifting a goblet of ale at the next ren fair. When you're wearing this outfit, the entire village will know that you're down to do some serious medieval partying!
But behind the scenes is important, too, right? That's why this suit is both comfortable and easy to wear. The doublet has the classic "laced up the front" look without all the bother and hassle, and the pants have an elastic waist that assures you won't have to worry about wardrobe while you're out carousing. And you won't have to concern yourself with buying that billowy, long-sleeved shirt we mentioned earlier. The doublet comes with attached long sleeves that have elastic cuffs. The Medieval Tavern Man Costume truly has it all for renaissance merry-makers. Just don't forget to have a look around at our boots, wigs, and other medieval accessories!
|Small||Shirt Waist||26" - 42"||66cm - 107cm|
|Small||Pant Waist||24" - 40"||61cm - 102cm|
|Medium||Shirt Waist||28" - 44"||71cm - 112cm|
|Medium||Pant Waist||26" - 42"||66cm - 107cm|
|Large||Shirt Waist||34" - 48"||86cm - 122cm|
|Large||Pant Waist||30" - 46"||76cm - 117cm|
|Large||Pant outseam||40 1/2"||103cm|
|X-Large||Shirt Waist||36" - 52"||91cm - 132cm|
|X-Large||Pant Waist||33" - 48"||84cm - 122cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Perfect for the occasionBy Current Customer | January 5, 2017My son was in the chorus of his high school's Madrigal play. They had to provide their own costume. This fit in with the period very well. He looked great and donated the costume to the chorus department so someone could use it next year who might not be able to afford to buy anything.
The cost and shipping was very reasonable and it arrived as scheduled in great condition.Was this review helpful to you?
Fit snug, looked great.By Sir Dave | November 16, 2018The Large was a little snug, but it was well made and was a big hit at the Renaissance themed wedding. After the wedding, we donated the costumes to the Renaissance festival costume department.Was this review helpful to you?
- Nice Renaissance costume!By Cathleen | June 12, 2016We're having a Renaissance Wedding & ordered these for some of the guys. They seem true to size & made well, for them money. The top laces up the front, it does not have any kind of a closing flap. So I am getting a man's brown T-shit for them to wear under. All & all I highly recommend it, but ya really need a tee under the shirt. Also I ordered over the phone & their rep was very friendly & helpful!Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | February 27, 2019Was this review helpful to you?