Women's Authentic Caribbean Pirate Costume
- Sword Holder
- 100% polyester coat and vest, 100% cotton shirt, 100% linen pants
- Loose-fitting long-sleeved white shirt has laced placket and wing collar
- Fitted maroon vest fastens at front w/ filigreed metal buttons
- Open front coat has decorative metal buttons and braid trim
- Decorative metal buttons on pants front, lacing ties at back waist allow size adjustment
- Faux leather belt has sword holder attached
A real pirate doesn't need fancy clothes or a shiny sword to do their job. Of course, if a pirate happens to have nice clothes, there's no rule that says she can't show them off. When you're wearing our exclusive Authentic Caribbean Pirate Costume for Halloween, everyone will know you're a real swashbuckler who's not to be trifled with!
Ask any pirate what they need to do their dastardly business, and they'll all say the same things: a sharp blade, a sturdy ship, and maybe a barrel of rum to help pass the time. We doubt you'll hear some proud salty buccaneer say that nice clothes are also important, but we know how it really is. Storming the deck of a treasure ship wearing ragged, filthy clothes may seem savage and terrifying, but any well-to-do pirate wouldn't be caught dead in cheap, worn out threads (which, considering a pirate's work environment, was a very real possibility). And dressing in a snappy outfit could actually make you even more intimidating, as it shows you're a successful pirate of good taste, and doesn't mind getting into a sword fight in their nice clothes, because you're just that smooth!
We've designed this fantastic costume to look like something a truly skilled and savvy pirate would wear. It includes nearly everything you'll need to look like you've just sailed in from the Caribbean. All you'll need to pick out is a pair of cuffed pirate boots, a dashing hat, and a sword to carry on your quests, and you'll be the fiercest buccaneer at the party!
|Small||Pant Waist||29" - 37"||74cm - 94cm|
|Medium||Jacket Length||36 1/2"||93cm|
|Medium||Pant Waist||32" - 40"||81cm - 102cm|
|Medium||Pant Length||29 1/2"||75cm|
|Large||Jacket Length||37 1/2"||95cm|
|Large||Pant Waist||34" - 42 1/2"||86cm - 108cm|
|X-Large||Jacket Length||37 1/2"||95cm|
|X-Large||Pant Waist||38" - 46 1/2"||97cm - 118cm|
|X-Large||Pant Length||30 1/2"||77cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Nice costumeBy Jean | September 16, 2014The fabric quality is great. The sizing is super small - I had to order two sizes up to be able to button the vest. Unfortunately, the pants were then too big, but I have some others I can wear. Also, this costume is very heavy! Unfortunately, I live in Phoenix and will probably be roasting in it, especially after adding a wig. Please note, the costume does not come with a hat or boot covers. I added some boot cuffs from the local party store and they look great.Was this review helpful to you?
- ComfortableBy Wendi | November 1, 2013I loved this costume. It fit perfectly and was very comfortable. It also kept me warm which was nice since it was cold both nights I wore this costume. I didn't wear the pants just because I had previously purchased some pants for my costume which originally wasn't this one. Another thing that was really nice is the coat has pockets so I didn't have to carry around a purse all night. If you do decided to purchase this costume I would suggest that you add some extra stitches to all the buttons because they only have maybe two stitches holding them but other then that it's just an awesome costume hands down.Was this review helpful to you?
- I Like Pieces of this CostumeBy XoXoCJ | August 30, 2017I had to return for a different size and still some pieces don't fit. The top (still a bit tight but usable) is ok. I like the vest but the pants and jacket I will not be using. Jacket too heavy but decent quality. The pants are cheaply made and string to lace them up seems like it would break. The vest buttons are very loose so I'll be reinforcing them.Was this review helpful to you?
- Finally.. a Large was perfect...By Anonymous | August 25, 2016Ok, I ordered this in a medium and the white shirt and red vest would not button. I'm 5:8" and 145lbs.... Had to return the costume.
Well the Large is perfect, the pants fit me (I'm a size 6 in women's pants).. and they are great! Everything fits wonderfully - but if you want the white shirt to fit, you must be small chested. I still have to have help getting the white shirt on and off and I'm flat chested.
With that, the quality is amazing. The pants are made like in days of old, complete with buttons and a leather tie. LOVE this costume.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great costume with sizing issuesBy Anonymous | June 13, 2016I'm 5' 4" and weigh 125 lbs. I can wear small in some things, medium in others. I originally bought a used size small, basing it on the size charts. It was obviously so small I didn't even try it on. Usually you can't return a used costume but the customer service guy was very understanding and let me return it, especially since I hadn't tried it on. They sent me out a medium. The pants fit; the shirt I could wriggle into but if I had any bust at all, it wouldn't have fit; the vest was about 4 inches from being able to button it, and the jacket is more like a large. Since I didn't have time to wait for the large size to get in stock, I added some side panels to the vest so I could button it. I tacked up the sleeves (so the ruffled shirt cuff could be seen) on the jacket. I would also suggest replacing the string that ties the pants on with something stronger as I broke mine just trying to tighten them up. I got a lot of compliments on the costume which was great!Was this review helpful to you?
- RUNS TINY, but high quality.By Anonymous | April 19, 2016Well I am a size 6 and usually wear mediums, so I got the medium. I should have bought the XL. The red vest had about a 10 inch gap from being able to close it was made for my 10 year old daughter. I couldn't even get the shirt on at all. The returns dept was phenomenal though... they found an XL and are sending it to me as a trade. I love this costume's quality, I'm just praying the XL fits.Was this review helpful to you?
- Not accurate sizingBy Gretchen | October 17, 2015I received the costume as promised in correct timeframe. Love the way it looks. Quality material. But the sizing chart for this costume is completely inaccurate. On original purchase I measured myself and bought the medium costume which was 2-3 inches bigger than my measurements. When it arrived, I couldn't even get it on. It was even fairly small on my 12 yo daughter. We sent it back (pd $18 shipping) and got the large size. When it arrived, it was also too small. When you look at the sizing chart, the large is 6 inches bigger than my measurements, so at this point it was becoming very frustrating So we are now in the process of sending it back and getting the X-large. I am a 34 chest measurement and the xlarge is a 45.5 per sizing chart. There's no way I would have ordered this originally based on sizing chart. So now not only have we tied up $36 in return shipping, but we've also bought the $85.00 costume 3 times and have to wait for the other 2 return costumes to be credited. To make matters worse we bought these more elaborate costumes this year to go to Disney and participate in the Mickey's not so scary halloween party. So we were on a timeframe to get costumes in a timely fashion. I would even after all this recommend the costume, but I'd also suggest buying 2 sizes up from your measurements.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great Costume! Get a Size Up, ThoughBy Claire | October 25, 2013Just got my costume, which was precisely on time. Tried it on - the quality is great! The fabric is durable, and it looks fantastic. Absolutely one of the best quality costumes I've ever purchased.
Couple of surprises - the pants? Capris. Don't expect full-fledged pants, ladies. I haven't bought boots yet, as I had a pair of brown ankle boots that I thought would suffice,,, now I just look like an idiot. Gonna have to purchase some of those, for sure.
Second surprise - the red vest is long like the image in the front, but the back cuts off at the waist like your average shirt. Not quite the look I was expecting when I inevitably take off the coat in this AZ weather, but it still looks good.
Lastly, and most importantly, is the size. Get a size up. I'm a 36C in the bust and I purchased the Medium, noting that there was 37 1/2" around the chest as per the site's measurements. Thought I'd be all right. The white undershirt does not fit AT ALL. Can't even get it on. The red vest fits OKAY, but I wish I would've gotten the size up. My ribcage was far too large for that skinny white undershirt. I'm subbing that for a white muscle tank, and it looks good enough.
The vest and the jacket are what make this costume, and the only minor complaint I have about the quality is that the buttons on the vest need to be sewn on more securely, but I'll take care of that.
All in all, a great find, and would definitely pick it again, just in the Large.Was this review helpful to you?