Blackbeard Plus Size Men's Costume
- Waist Sash
- Cross Belt
- Pair of Boot Covers
- 80% polyester, 9% cotton, 8% rayon, 3% nylon
- Faux linen jacket has brocade lapels, center-front buttons
- Printed "embroidery" on sleeves, ruffled sleeved cuffs
- Jabot has self-fabric neck band that fastens w/ hook & loop closure
- Foam-backed faux suede hat has wire in brim edge, attached feather and scarf
- Fabric waist sash can be tied as desired
- Faux leather shoulder belt has decorative metal buckle, sewn-on loops for toy pistols (sold separately)
- Faux leather boot tops have wide, turned-down cuffs
Sometimes, life just never turns out like you planned it. Our dream was to sail the seven seas in search of treasure, adventure and rum, but the years ticked by and we had to grow up. We never learned how to wield a cutlass and although we've scoured garage sales in search of a proper pirate ship to command, we still haven't found one...
The dream doesn't have to end there, though. Through the power of costumes, we've found a way to turn anyone from an every day kind of guy, into a feared pirate captain, like Edward Teach, or as you may know him, the infamous Blackbeard! It doesn't matter that you don't have a Queen Anne's Revenge of your own to command. It doesn't even matter that your “crew” will be a ragtag group of whatever friends you have around the neighborhood. All that will matter is how fearsome you'll look while wearing the full garb of an imposing pirate captain from history.
This plus size Blackbeard costume spares no detail when it comes to recreating a devilish pirate look. Make no mistake, this costume turns you into a true leader among swashbucklers. The woven jacket features screen printed details, and an attached false vest front truly emits the the aura of a true captain, not like some of those other pirate costumes that make you look like some run of the mill cabin boy. The jabot adds an elegant touch, while the sash and cross belt add a touch of authenticity. The boot covers help turn a normal pair of shoes into buccaneer boots, while the hat puts the finishing touch on the look.
Now, gather up every scoundrel in your scurvy crew to let them know that the captain has arrived! Your first order of business? Do some garage sale hunting to find yourself a worthy vessel! Yaaaarrrgh!
|2X||Jacket Chest||55 1/2"||141cm|
|2X||Jacket Waist||50 3/4"||129cm|
|2X||Jabot Neck Circumference||19 1/4"||49cm|
|3X||Jacket Chest||59 1/2"||151cm|
|3X||Jacket Waist||54 3/4"||139cm|
|3X||Jacket Length||48 1/2"||123cm|
|3X||Jabot Neck Circumference||20"||51cm|
|4X||Jacket Chest||64 1/2"||164cm|
|4X||Sleeve Length||26 1/4"||67cm|
|4X||Jacket Waist||61 3/4"||157cm|
|4X||Jabot Neck Circumference||21"||53cm|
|5X||Jacket Chest||68 1/2"||174cm|
|5X||Sleeve Length||26 1/4"||67cm|
|5X||Jacket Waist||63 3/4"||162cm|
|5X||Jacket Length||49 1/2"||126cm|
|5X||Jabot Neck Circumference||22"||56cm|
|6X||Jacket Chest||72 1/2"||184cm|
|6X||Sleeve Length||26 1/2"||67cm|
|6X||Jacket Waist||67 3/4"||172cm|
|6X||Jabot Neck Circumference||23"||58cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- BlackbeardBy Cory | October 31, 2021Height 5'7 | Weight 260 | Size 2XMeasurements for chest are tight. According to site 2x is 55 1/2. My chest is 52 and it was tight. We added another row of black buttons closer to the seam and it fit much better. And didn't wreck the design of the buttons. Coat length was good but it is a warm coat. Definitely wear a thin shirt underneath. The hat fit well and the white neck thing was way to small. Can add extension or use a diff shirt underneathBottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Cory | October 29, 2021Height 5'7 | Weight 260 | Size 2XWe ordered a 2x for my boyfriend whose chest was 52 inches. A 2x says 55. 1/2. It was kinda tight so we added three black buttons on the coat closer to the end to open up the front a couple inches to make fit better and it looked great! Didn't mess with original buttons so design stayed the same.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- In love with thisBy Current Customer | November 19, 2018Great material came exactly when it said it was going to. Will definitely be getting costumes from here for now on.Was this review helpful to you?
- Large Man's PirateBy Orso.Bruno | October 1, 2018I am a typical 4XL shirt kind of guy. At the suggestion of my wife I ordered the 5XL for a little extra room. I am 6'2" and 385 lbs. I love this costume, it's been decades since I’ve dressed up for Halloween, I’ve never been able to find a nice costume for my uh-hem...robustness. It was super comfortable, I ended up getting a pair of plain black yoga pants as my bottoms, and added a "gold" earing. The pl"leather" belt is not a good quality at all, I didn’t use it because it made the rest of the costume look cheesy/cheap. I got lots of compliments and will continue to wear this for years to come, slowly accessorizing (pistols, swords, proper shirt and boots). Overall this kit as is, is great. I highly recommend!Was this review helpful to you?
- Blackbeard's Pirate costumeBy Anonymous | July 24, 2018Quality of the coat exceeds the accessories. Fits as expected! Received MANY compliments on this costume! Ordering an additional one as I will be using it quite frequently. (The hat in my pictures does not come with the costume)Was this review helpful to you?
- Great Costume!By Anonymous | October 24, 2016My Husband is 6’2 and 280lbs and this costume fit him perfectly. The quality of the coat and the rest of the assesory’s were great!Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | March 26, 2019Bought this for the renaissance fair later this summer and I love it! Aweosme buy!Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Mike | January 11, 2022Height 6'2" | Weight 230 | Size 2XWas this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | November 28, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Coat great belts not so muchBy Andrew | November 4, 2021This coat was great.5 starts I received many compliments on it. Hat ok.3 stars. The belts on the other hand very cheap. will tear very easy. The boots/ leg covers I received...Had something heavy sitting on top of themWas this review helpful to you?
- Great ProductBy Pirate10 | October 31, 2021Height 5’10 | Weight 260 | Size 3XFast shipping, great fit seems like a quality product. Kept me warm on a chilly night.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 30, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 29, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- It's OK, the boot-covers aren't great though.By Trevor | October 26, 2021Height 6'1 | Weight 410 | Size 6XI purchased the 6x version, I usually wear a 5x/6x shirt, and based on the measurements, it looked like the 6x would suffice. And for the most part, it does. The Coat fits amazingly well (It's super thick though, wear light clothing underneath!) However, the boot covers were not designed for men with larger calf muscles.
I suffer from Chronic Venous Hypertension, and as a result - my lower calf muscle on my legs are very dense, mostly due to the edema that occurs as a result of the CVH. The boot-cover would not fit my legs, it could get it about 70% up before my legs were too thick to fit.
We're going to investigate maybe cutting the boot covers and adding rivets with leather straps to make them larger, but it's a bit disappointing that they're actually sock-type boot covers, rather than the type that you tie down.
There's also no way to secure the gun belt so it's not constantly shifting and moving.
The rest of the costume looks amazing.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 23, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 23, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Two StarsBy Anonymous | October 19, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | August 7, 2021Size 4XAlways Leary of purchasing things on line. After receiving my order I was amazed at the quality. The coat is so well made I might use it for photo shoots. I don’t like to spend money unless I know it’s a sure deal. This place is a sure deal I have already recommended this place to many already.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | August 13, 2020Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 18, 2018Great costume. Won first place in costume contest.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 17, 2018My husband won third prize wearing the Blackbeard pirate costume! He looked great. Both of our costumes fit well were made well. We were comfortable all night.Was this review helpful to you?