Men's Privateer Pirate Costume
- Medium: TBD
- 100% polyester sculpted velour, interlock knit, & chiffon fabrics
- Sculpted velour jacket has gold brocade ribbon trim
- Jacket fastens w/ buttons & elastic loops inside lapels
- Pants have elastic at waist and at cuffs that end just below the knee
- Chiffon cravat has same-fabric neck band w/ hook & loop fastener at back
- Foam-backed velour hat has wire in brim edge--shape as desired
- Exclusively, made by us!
This Privateer started from the bottom... and yes, now he's here. When the sea called this pirate's name he was just a grimy little boy. He was hired to herd the ship's rats and swab the deck. It didn't take long before he rose above his station after he organized the ships rats into a choir that sang classic sailor songs and did jigs to accordion music. The captain saw this little boy for the natural leader that he was so he took the kid under his wing. Years went by and the street boy learned how to be a great sailor but he had a wild heart. He couldn't be told what to do. He needed his own ship. So one moonlit night while in port, he and his team of rats snuck over to a shiny new Brigantine and commandeered it. He and his rats were going places and this was just the beginning.
Details & Design
This Privateer costume features a long red jacket with an all-over sculpted scroll pattern. It has wide cuffs that are trimmed with gold brocade ribbon. The same trim falls down the front and frames the false pocket flaps. The outfit has a ruffled cravat to make you extra fancy. The outfit is complete with cropped pants and a hoity-toity brimmed hat with the same scroll pattern as the jacket.
Are you ready to set sail? No need to follow that old treasure map you found in some gross tavern, you've already got a treasure of a costume. You can tweak this costume to suit your personality just right. Pair the hat with a long, curly black wig, an eye patch, and a pirate hook. Choose boots or old fashioned loafers and you'll look right at home aboard a ship. If you're going to go rogue, might as well go rogue in style!
|X-Small||Pants Waist||25" - 38"||64cm - 97cm|
|X-Small||Cravat Neck Circumference||14 1/2"||37cm|
|Small||Jacket Length||38 1/2"||98cm|
|Small||Pants Waist||27" - 40"||69cm - 102cm|
|Small||Cravat Neck Circumference||15 1/2"||39cm|
|Medium||Pants Waist||30" - 43"||76cm - 109cm|
|Medium||Cravat Neck Circumference||16"||41cm|
|Large||Sleeve Length||24 1/2"||62cm|
|Large||Pants Waist||34" - 47"||86cm - 119cm|
|Large||Cravat Neck Circumference||16 3/4"||43cm|
|X-Large||Pants Waist||38" - 51"||97cm - 130cm|
|X-Large||Cravat Neck Circumference||17"||43cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | April 4, 2022This costume was a hit! Made well for the money. People were asking to take pictures all over with me while wearing the costume for a Pirate themed bar crawl. With a little extra accessories it came across nicely. Used the size chart to determine correct fit. I typically wear an XL shirt but based on chest and waist measurements listed, I went with the Large and pretty fit well. The only problem was the cravat was WAY too small for the neck size. So I just extended it with some fabric from the fabric store to fit which is why I took a star off.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Carlos | November 7, 2022Size X-SmallI bought an adult XS for my 9yo daughter. She’s much taller than most of her classmates. The coat length and the sleeves were a tad long but not enough to require adjusting. The pants fit her really well. The hat was really big (good thing), but kind of wonky because it was hard to bend back into shape from being smushed in the package. Still looked really cute on her. The neck piece with the frills was cute and completed the look. Overall the quality was better than expected. I took away a star because as my other daughter pointed out - the pattern on the coat and hat looks like curtains in an 80 year old woman’s house. Would definitely recommend revamping the fabric for next year’s design.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 23, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 21, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Great costume… runs smallBy Anonymous | October 15, 2021Size LargeGreat costume… does run slightly small… my son is a true large… it was a little snug in the waist to maneuverBottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 1, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Good Costume - Hat was only issueBy Anonymous | September 29, 2021Costume fits perfect and made good only thing was the hat has to be bent into shape and is not easy to get the shape it needs so it looks kind of funny.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?