- Glinda Costume
- 100% polyester satin and organdy fabrics; 100% polyurethane foam
- Satin dress has organdy yoke, sleeves and skirt overlay; organdy is sprinkled w/ silver glitter stars
- Dress fastens with Hook and Loop fastener at center back
- Dress has a high neck and silver heart and butterfly appliques on bodice
- Puffy leg-o'-mutton sleeves cinch at mid-arm with elastic band
- Pink plastic crown has 3-D embossed silver stars; fastens with Hook and Loop fastener at back
- Officially Licensed
In the Land of Oz, you have to be pretty special to be a ruler. The place is already full of magical people and creatures, so if you plan on being the boss of things, you'd better bring your A-game!
There are also plenty of important decisions to make before you even become the ruler of one of Oz's quadrants. For example, would you want to be a generous and helpful leader, or would you rather rule through fear and treachery? In Glinda the Good Witch's case, it's pretty obvious that she went with being good, or maybe she's just a fan of ironic names. But we know what you're asking: how can a witch even be good? Aren't witches inherently bad? To that, we answer...nah, she seems pretty darn good, and since she's the ruler of the Southern Quadrant of Oz, she can call herself whatever she wants!
Watch over the munchkins and other good citizens of Oz in this Glinda Costume and prove to any non-believers that even witches can still be good! The satin and organdy materials making up the dress and bodice give off a gentle, sparkling shine to match your sweet, bubbly nature. A tall matching crown allows you to show off your status as The Good Witch of the South, and we recommend a sparkling wand to complete this magical ensemble. After wearing this for a while, you'll be able to decide for yourself if you want to keep being a good and helpful witch or if the Wicked Witch of the West had the right idea all along!
|Small||Chest||34" - 36"||86cm - 91cm|
|Small||Waist||26" - 28"||66cm - 71cm|
|Standard||Chest||36" - 38"||91cm - 97cm|
|Standard||Waist||30" - 32"||76cm - 81cm|
|Large||Chest||38" - 40"||97cm - 102cm|
|Large||Waist||32" - 38"||81cm - 97cm|
|X-Large||Chest||42" - 44"||107cm - 112cm|
|X-Large||Waist||38" - 40"||97cm - 102cm|
- Small changes made a huge successBy Anonymous | October 31, 2016This review is for the Size L size which was just right for a 40" bust and size L waist (yikes). This costume was a huge success at our work party for employees' kids. Lots of compliments.
1) The size L sleeves were far too tight underneath the poofy upper sleeve but luckily it's the elastic that's sewn too tight, not the cut of the sleeve. Use a seam ripper to remove just the stitching that secures the elastic to the fabric on the underside of the sleeve. Leave the top half there, or enough to suit you. No need to cut into the actual sleeve seams themselves.
2) The shoulders still hung off me so I tucked them in an inch by pulling the top of the poofy sleeves over the seam on top and securing with a few hand stitches. It held just fine.
3) It definitely needs a major petticoat, otherwise it hangs somewhat dejectedly. This makes all the difference in the world. Hoop petticoats are under $20 online. Very comfortable but plan on standing.
4) Needs a strapless bra because of the mesh chest and upper back. The bodice is shapeless and somewhat awkwardly constructed so average busts disappear. You might consider adding some additional shape. The back of the bodice is well above the back bra strap, no worries. The bodice is also a little too short for average to taller people.
5) Wrinkles mostly come out in the dryer set to med-low with some wet towels. No major loss of glitter from the costume. The big bends in the plastic crown from shipping will flatten out under a hairdryer, bending the plastic the other way.
6) I'm about 5'7" and the dress was slightly too long. Three inch silver platforms worked.
7) Modify a wand to have a long staff, not the cheesy short ones sold. I sprayed a wooden dowel with silver paint and attached the silver star to that. My 'other half' drilled out the dowel end to allow insertion and gluing of a short stub of the star's wandWas this review helpful to you?
- WAY to smallBy Current Customer | December 5, 2015I wear a 10 so I ordered a regular since it was supposed to fit up to a size 12. I couldn't even get it on. I had no time to get another costume for a Wizard of Oz theme party, so, I had to cut the sleeves and the back of the dress OFF. I enlarged the opening of the puff sleeve top until my arms could go through. The bottom sleeve had to be thrown away. I sewed power net into the dress back. I bought wings to cover the back and opera gloves to replace the sleeves. After sewing all day the costume was a HUGE hit, but if you can't sew it's a big NO.Was this review helpful to you?
- Beautiful costumeBy Anonymous | May 14, 2020Height 5’ 3” | Weight 135An awesome costume. Well made. The crown fits well and is impressive. My daughter and I purchased costumes from this company...both very well made and the detail is stunning. Yes the dress was a little long...but not unmanageable...just pick the skirt up when walking...like any good witch would do! The dress does arrive folded and has wrinkles. Just popped into the dryer on ‘wrinkle release cycle ‘ and then hang on hanger. No problem! The crown can be relaxed by using a warm hairdryer on the folds. If you prefer to accentuate the fullest dress skirt, purchase a hoop slip..totally optional and not necessary. My daughter and I were participating in a wonderful activity during the Corona Virus quarantine in Upstate NY. The purpose was to ring or knock on neighbors doors and leave a small gift to bring cheer...this became popular through a Facebook group which started out with 100 followers and grew to over 45 thousand ladies...Rona Wine Time Fairies. It was a great way to share some joy while social distancing! People were so happy when they were ‘wined’ by a Rona Wine Fairy. The fairy would knock, leave the gift and if caught in the act, the recipient will take a photo of the fairy ????? or take a photo of the gifts! Happy with the purchase! We got lots of recognition for our costumes and it was of course so amazing to see the happy smiles!Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Oh goodness! What lovely photos! Thank you for all the tips and tricks that you included in the review. You make a fabulous Glinda the Good Witch!
- Way too bigBy Current Customer | November 18, 2018I read the reviews and it was running small. Ordered an XL to be on the safe side - my height and weight was within the low size range. Dress was so big I had to take in the waist and bodice about 4 inches each. Even with taking the dress in that much it was still too big. The elastic on the sleeves was okay. Would not want it any tighter. I also removed the bodice decoration and moved the large butterfly to the waist.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 16, 2018Very happy with this costume. Runs a little small so I ordered an xtra large.. I am 5’9 the length was perfect with flats. Some stick on rhinestones placed on the big silver butterflies and on top the silver studs on the crown added so extra sparkle , this was a big hit . Very satisfied with this purchase.Was this review helpful to you?
- Glinda costume is generously sized.By Anonymous | October 1, 2016I'm a 40-42 chest and am exchanging the XL for a Large. Reviews here said it ran small but I recommend trusting the size guide. XL is long enough to fit someone 5'10" in flats.
I like this costume. The skirt is quite full and it's glittery.
Of course it's not made like real clothing which would run 3X the price and it's a little scratchy, but that's expected. Any bra must be strapless. The back closure is only a single tab of Velcro at the neck so the back expands, preventing a fitted bodice. I'm going to add more Velcro or a zipper for structure and perhaps some darts. The head piece is underwhelming but it is big enough to fit over a wig.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 15, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 9, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | September 22, 2021Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Current Customer | February 6, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- Great custume!By Kay | November 17, 2018Finally a costume that is cool enough to wear through a full Trick or Treat night. Paired with the red wig, it transforms you into Glind in a snap.Was this review helpful to you?
- Awesome service AND costumeBy Mary | November 11, 2018I have already recommended your website to as many people as possible. I couldn't be happier with the costume but the SERVICE was the BEST I have experienced with any online company, including Amazon.Was this review helpful to you?
- Super Cute!By Current Customer | November 1, 2018Super cute, everyone loved the fact it looked so close to what you see on the Wizard of Oz. I found this costume to run a bit large but I was able to rework a couple things to make it great.Was this review helpful to you?
- Toddler size sleeves ruined the dressBy Jill | October 23, 2018Sleeves wouldn’t go over my forearm they were so small. I ended up ripping the seams in the arms trying to get back out of the dress. I couldn’t fasten the back of the dress because the sleeves wouldn’t go far enough up my arms. Bodice looked horrible with foam, misshapen butterflies on chest and waist.Was this review helpful to you?
- Glinda costumeBy Anonymous | September 10, 2018Awkwardly shaped, extremely uncomfortable. Crown- a little taller than a Burger King crown, unlike height in picture shown. :( disappointing.Was this review helpful to you?
- this was a big hit with everyoneBy Anonymous | September 9, 2018I recommend ordering a size larger as the costume sizes seem to run small. However. I had people complimenting me all night in this costume. They kept wanting to snap photos of me like the paparazzi or something. I wasn't expecting that much attention but you will get it if you wear this. However do make sure you get the wig and silver shoes to complete the look. I really did look like Glinda that night. Beautiful costume just kind of hard to move around in, as one would expect while wearing a giant skirt.Was this review helpful to you?
- Way too small!By Anonymous | September 20, 2016I am a size 8 and could not even get this dress on! The quality is poor and its looks nothing like the picture. I didn't realize that you have to pay a 15% restocking fee. I will not be shopping here again and will be sharing this information with others.Was this review helpful to you?
- PrettyBy Hammerbanana86 | September 14, 2016It seems pretty cool!Was this review helpful to you?
- Too SmallBy Anonymous | September 11, 2016I am an size 8 and was not even able to get this costume on. It is way too small and the material is extremely uncomfortable, I will be sending it back immediately.Was this review helpful to you?