Realistic Caribbean Pirate Costume
- Belt w/ Sword Holder
- Jacket: 78% polyester, 16% cotton, 6% rayon
- Shirt: 96% polyester, 4% cotton
- Pants & vest: 100% linen
- Pullover shirt has V-placket, cord tie at neck
- Cropped pants have button fly & drop panel, functional hip pockets
- Faux leather belts have antique-brass-tone metal buckles
- One belt has faux leather scabbard that slides over belt
- Tie bright-colored striped sash as desired
- Jacket has decorative buttons at front & on sleeve cuffs
- Jacket has 2 functional flap pockets
Being a pirate takes more than just a taste for rum and a funny accent. It also takes charisma, skill with a sword, a dashing outfit and a taste for rum! Wait, did we already mention the rum? We can't really help you on the charisma or rum end of things, but we can help you out with a dashing swashbuckler outfit. From head to toe, this authentic costume brings the Caribbean pirate look from the 1700s straight to you. In fact, it might make you look a little TOO much like a pirate. One of our programmers put it on and immediately tried to plunder all of the gold doubloons in the office. To make a long story short, programming had their bandana-wearing privileges revoked and Craig is no longer allowed to say the word, "Arrrrrrrgggh," during business hours, but you're completely welcome to do both of those things in this top-notch outfit.
|Small||Pants Waist||31" - 36"||79cm - 91cm|
|Medium||Pants Waist||32" - 37"||81cm - 94cm|
|Medium||Pants Length||27 1/2"||70cm|
|Large||Pants Waist||33" - 38"||84cm - 97cm|
|X-Large||Pants Waist||38" - 43"||97cm - 109cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Great StartBy Danny | July 10, 2013This is a great place to start off in creating a very spot on Jack Sparrow costume. Whether you're looking to go 100% film accurate or just an awesome jack sparrow costume. You can't go wrong starting with this as your foundation. Honestly the costume has many more features than any small negatives. The Jacket is very heavy and doesn't feel like some 1 layer thin tarp. It is quite thick and heavy which can get somewhat hot but is dead on. The vest is solid and of good quality for costuming purposes although slightly short in the back. The cotton shirt can be itchy but it's very dead on for an oldschool pirate shirt. The pants could use some belt loops or something, but I guess it's all the more inspiration for having the waist wrapped nice and tight! I'd suggest some rope over the pants to keep them in place. The two belts that come with it are your basic cheap costume thin plastic belts along with the sword holder. However, the jacket alone would cost a good 70-100 dollars to find one as good as this one anyways so it's all worth it.
I paired this costume with a very cheap disney jack sparrow wig ALONG WITH a cheap walmart pirate wig which I created more locks / braids in to create a full head of hair between the two wigs. I bought a great hat on amazon for 20 bucks which is dead on. I also have the compass which came with a cheap small wrist wrap and a plastic POTC sword because both of those items were on clearance at my local iparty. I would really like to get a replica wig /beard and some actual pirate boots to finish this costume off as well as upgrade the buttons. But honestly if you rock the guyliner for the eyelids and the beard (if you have no alternative / stick on beard) and can do a decent sparrow impression you'll be more than convincing. I was actually being asked to pose for pictures with this costume without a hat / boots.
Another small suggestion would be to add a pin on the bottom part of the jacket sleeves as they are not really attached at the bottom and can be annoying to manage.
If you're very good at tailoring shirts / jackets then you will be able to make a similar costume DIY but why go through the hours of working on it / acquiring the write fabrics and having there still be a risk of it not looking right. Hell if this costume doesn't fit perfectly and you can do some stitching / know someone who can they can alter it without a problem.
Sorry if this review is a LOT but I just wanted to give you guys an overview of my entire experience. The costume came quickly and there's no point in buying one of the cheap disney costumes. There is not another jack sparrow costume out there that is going to be for under 200 dollars that will give you as MUCH of the jack sparrow look as this one. If you have the money go for it. Here's a pic of me in my costume whilst missing facial hair, hat and a real wig.Was this review helpful to you?
- Jack Sparrow???By Grayson | September 29, 2013If you are trying to create a "look-a-like" replica to Jack Sparrow this halloween than this would definitely be the place to start! The frock coat is great, heavy, and doesn't seem like a cheap piece of one layer crud. The blue vest is also a great match to a Jack replica though it is a little short in the back but when you wrap the sash around your stomach it looks fine. The cotton shirt is a bit itchy but goes away after *delicate* wash. All three pieces are great HOWEVER some weathering must be done to all of them to get that real Jack Sparrow pirate look you're looking for. The breeches (pants) were a little bit of a let down just because they seem thin but then again Jack wears a more grayish colored style and this comes with brown. The sash and 3 belts that come with the costume are not at all like Jack's so you'll need to purchase those separately. Over all I was really satisfied with what I bought. The coat, shirt, and vest are well worth the price. I only rated it a 4/5 because ***ALL*** of the buttons had to be resewed onto everything. (they come sewed on but not very well done)
Again I bought this going for a "look-a-like" replica costume of Jack so thats how I reviewed this item but all in all anyone going for a Caribbean Pirate look this halloween is definitely in the right spot. Here is a picture of me in everything that came with this costume order. (pre-weathered)
hope this helps!
Cheers!Was this review helpful to you?
- Excellent quality Jack sparrow costumeBy Anonymous | February 23, 2020Excellent costumeWas this review helpful to you?
- Pricey, but a good costume.By Kash | November 2, 2019Pros- I really enjoyed the costume And the pieces were of good quality.
Cons- you will still need other pieces to complete this costume. Hat and dreads, Boots, Sword, gun, compass And the belt going that is across the mans chest in the photo are NOT included. The belts you do receive or a little cheap looking, which is typical for a costume, But it works.
This costume is a good base for you to do your own customization to.Was this review helpful to you?
- Awesome costumeBy Elizabeth | July 11, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- Best Dressed Pirate at PondapaloozaBy Jeff | May 31, 2019Great costume. Get a size larger, since it is multiple layers.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great costumeBy Anonymous | November 3, 2017Pants, jacket, shirt fit well and were good quality. The belts were a bit cheap and I ordered different ones. All other accessories were ordered through Halloweencostumes.com, including hat, wig, compass, knife, gun, boots, etc., and were as expected. Add some makeup, an accent, and the Capt Jack walk and you'll win first place in the costume contest like I did. It was a great Halloween - several people even asked if I did this professionally.Was this review helpful to you?
- Fun Pirate time!By Anonymous | October 31, 2015Great costume. Arrived right on time for event. The jacket is linen and cotton and is very good. Belts are a bit cheap looking.
Gotta buy the tri-corner hat to go with this, and find a bandana too!Was this review helpful to you?
- I Want To Be A Pirate!By Anonymous | October 24, 2014This is an awesome costume. At first glance I thought it was a bit on the pricey side, as it is a bit of money. If you can swing it you'll be the hit of the party.
Jacket & pants have pockets for all kinds of goodies i.e. (wife's lip gloss, camera) which I didn't need since I was the one everybody wanted their picture taken with me
bottom line you wont be disappointed, see my pics
FUN NIGHT OF LAUGHSWas this review helpful to you?
- Fabulous Captain Jack Sparrow Costume...By Tahoe Roland | September 14, 2014I've worn this costume to several costume parties and each time it has wowed people! It is a timeless addition to your costume collection.Was this review helpful to you?
- Very realistic! Just a few minor flaws...By Anonymous | February 22, 2014I bought this costume 2 years ago and have worn it to several events. It always brings very high compliments for its realism and completeness. I only have a couple complaints or suggestions for improvement: the buttons are not securely sewn on (both jacket and pants) and several have fallen off, requiring me to re-sew them with stronger thread. The pants are just a little short and won't stay in the boots. The boot-tops aren't worth using, they are too small on the bottom to fit over shoes, and the tops of the boots are too flimsy and won't stay up. I bought the high-top pirate boots that lace up in the back with hidden zippers to give the more authentic look. I also recommend the Jack Sparrow wig as shown in the picture; it is perfect to complete the look!Was this review helpful to you?
- awesome jack costumeBy Travis | January 17, 2013This is the way to go when building a good POTC jack sparrow costume. You will need to add on a lot of accessories, but this is definitely the spot to start. The jacket, shirt, vest and short pants are all very nice quality. My only complaint is that the vest is much shorter in back than in front- maybe it is supposed to be this way? But you don't see this when you are wearing the jacket anyway.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great CostumeBy JoshBeers | October 29, 2019Great costume. Runs a bit small from listed sizes.Was this review helpful to you?
- Nice productBy Danny | October 16, 2019I was super surprised when my costume showed. It really is a very nice costume. I love it and would recommend it to anyone. Thanks.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Cap'n Jack | January 15, 2019Arrived quickly, as described. Good quality!Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 17, 2018Costume was great. Fit perfectly. Will use company again for next year!Was this review helpful to you?
- Good ...butBy Anonymous | October 3, 2018Well the costume is not your ordinary cheap costume and I would give it 5 stars with a couple of exceptions...The day I received my costume (3 ) buttons fell off and had to be re-sewn. The actual day I wore the costume several other buttons fell off as I was just walking!...The buttons on the pants are no better ...thank goodness my wife brought safety pins, as the two buttons that hold the pants together both fell off and were lost ...great costume other than the button issues, which were very bad!!Was this review helpful to you?
- looks so realBy Current Customer | March 26, 2017Was a great hit at our party ! Good clothing materialWas this review helpful to you?
- Worth itBy Anonymous | October 31, 2016This costume is probably the best costume I've ever owned. I've used it for multiple occasions and always get tons of compliments. If you wear it to a bar, expect to get offered free rum. I can't even begin to count the number of times someone rushed up to me and offered to buy Captain Jack Sparrow a drink!
The costume is made of really high quality fabric and doesn't have that cheap feeling like some other costumes. The only real negatives to this costume is that it takes a while to put all the pieces on (there are a lot of them) and the buttons tend to fall off, so you may need to sew a button or two back on after a few uses.Was this review helpful to you?
- Everyone was impressedBy Anonymous | October 28, 2016I paired this costume with a Jack Sparrow Hat, Black Pirate Boots, a Jack Sparrow Sword, a Headscarf and a bottle of rum. After cutting off a few loose threads here and there, the costume was all in order. The belts aren't great, but the sash does a great job of obscuring them. I wasn't able to comfortably button the cuffs on the shirt, and I don't feel like I have fat wrists. I safety pinned them in place. I also safety pinned the cuffs of the jacket which were a bit too floppy for my tastes. Everyone was impressed with the costume and asked where I got it and assumed it "must have cost a fortune!"Was this review helpful to you?
- This is incredible realisticBy SPATE | June 20, 2016We needed pirate costumes for a non professional video we were doing, this was insane! Blown away with how realistic this costume is!Was this review helpful to you?
- Amazing QualityBy B c | August 21, 2015This is a great product and a good starting point for a awesome Captain Jack Costume! !!!Was this review helpful to you?
- good productBy thereversible | October 12, 2013This is the best jack sparrow costume for the money. It is better than those with cheap material. This is a starter to an exact replica. If you know how to DIY, this is for you.Was this review helpful to you?