Plus Size Women's Delightful Mad Hatter Costume
- Bow Tie
- 100% polyester
- Jacket overlay features checkered border at asymmetrical hemline w/ long tails in back
- Stretch knit dress portion has elastic at waist, decorative buttons, back zipper
- Foam-backed velvet hat has fabric band, decorative clock applique
- Cloth belt has decorative gold buckle, fastens w/ hook & loop
- Bow tie sewn to fabric neckband, closes w/ hook & loop fastener at back
- Velvet jacket closes at front w/ hook & loop fastener
- One-piece costume styled as jacket over dress
Are you the kind of person that's always fifteen minutes early? Or maybe you seem to be constantly running ten minutes late. In the military they say that when you're early you're on time, when you're on time you're late, and being late is unacceptable. But in the party crowd, they say you ought to arrive fashionably late. So, whether you're late or early it doesn't matter, in the end, time is a construct made from our civilized ideas.
We love the matter for many reasons but mostly because of the way he freed his friends from the curse of the clock. At one point the Mad Hatter, while singing to the Queen of Hearts, murdered time. Murdered time? Well, we say it casually all the time "killing time". Even though it doesn't sound very nice it's quite a pleasant thing to do. We kill time by watching movies, reading books, and whistling while twiddling our thumbs. The pleasant parts of our lives are filled with moments when we're killing time. Maybe that's why we love the Mad Hatter, he stands against the playing card monarchy by getting rid of that imaginary construct that tells us what to do. Revolutionary, if you ask us.
If you want to dress as this unforgettable character this Halloween, you'll love this topsy-turvy ensemble. In rich tones of teal and purple, you can be as mad as you want to be. The striped skirt is layered under the sophisticated jacket and matches the fabric on the top hat. The cap is detailed with a clock icon, maybe to warn off those people who might dare say that the Hatter is late.
|1X/2X||Jacket Length (back)||38"||97cm|
|3X/4X||Jacket Length (back)||38"||97cm|
|5X||Jacket Length (back)||40"||102cm|
|6X||Jacket Length (back)||42"||107cm|
- I stole the show at workBy Nikki | November 18, 2018I loved my costume. I wear it to work and everyone loved it even my boss. Yes! It was short but I also wore my football pants and it gave it classy look.Was this review helpful to you?
- It’s super cute!By Current Customer | October 16, 2019I bought this in a size 5x. Normally I’m a size 2x but I wanted everything to fit. The dress itself is awesome and definitely big on me but nothing the belt can’t help. The belt is a big big (obviously) but I’m just going to tie it and call it good. Now for the neck tie. It’s too small. I don’t think my neck is even that thick but the bow is way too small and it chokes me just trying to wear it. Other than that everything is exactly a expected!Was this review helpful to you?
- Really nice!By Anonymous | September 24, 2018I was between two sizes, and recommended to buy the bigger one! But the fabric is very stretchy, so should have gone for the smaller!
Its very nice and comfortable fabric. Id recommend the petticoat for the extra "umphf".
Overall good quality, true to size, but please buy the smaller if you are in between two sizes, I wish I had! :)
The belt was a concern, but its a good fit, and to the bigger size as well!Was this review helpful to you?
- I WON!By Renata | December 1, 2020Height 5'6" | Weight 290 | Size 6XI wore this costume to my work's Halloween costume contest & I won! I paired it with a purple wig & striped leggings & it was perfect! Most of my co-workers didn't even recognize me in this beautiful, colorful dress. The length was good, the sleeves were large enough for my chunky arms & even the belt fit good! The choker that came with it was pretty small but I went with a quirky necklace instead so it was fine. Everyone loved it & I bragged to them about this fantastic site that ACTUALLY carries costumes for REALLY plus-size people! I bought a plus-size costume 2 years ago from this site & I loved that one too! I can't wait till next year. I REALLY appreciate the sizing details & recommendations based on body shapes, it is pretty accurate & saves me from disappointing, too small, so-called plus-size options & the PRICES are great. Keep up the great work, LOVE this site!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Hello Renata!
We are so happy to hear that you had such a great time in the Women's Plus Size Delightful Mad Hatter Costume at your event. Congratulations on your win for the costume contest as well! Thank you so much for getting us the feedback about the fit of your costume. That definitely helps us out to know that we are headed in the right direction for the perfect fit for each and every single one of our customers.
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | October 21, 2020Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Roni Scott | October 14, 2020Size 5XNormally wear a 2X but ordered a 5X fits good, nice and comfy! Love it!Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...Thank you for the details on how this Mad Hatter fit you! We hope your Halloween is like something out of Wonderland!
- Size too small, not what I expectedBy Stacy | February 2, 2020Size is small, quality is not what I expected. Returned!Was this review helpful to you?
- Love loveBy Current Customer | October 18, 2017I had to get this costume in a plus size for that extra room to move freely and with a stich or two and some extra Velcro it fits great. Tried it on at the office and every one loved it!Was this review helpful to you?