Plus Size Women's Pretty Mad Hatter Costume
- Shirt w/ Attached Bow Tie
- 100% polyester
- Sleeveless blouse has buttons at center front, flanked by columns of ruffles
- Striped floppy bow tie attached at collar
- Shorts have elastic back waistband, side zipper
- Cutaway tailcoat jacket has 2 gold-tone buttons at front connected by a chain
- Jacket has flared bell cuffs w/ ruffled mesh lining
- Foam hat has wire in brim edge for shape
The Mad Hatter was invited to a high tea. Being the master of lively tea parties, there was no thought of refusal, but what would be a suitable outfit for such a grand affair? The same dark suit with a zany tie and worn-out top hat would never do. Then the Hatter found out that the high tea was to be held in a garden. It became clear that a spring-inspired ensemble would be best. Looking for a fresh take on a classic look the Mad Hatter turned to us. With the Hatter's over-sized top hat and extravagant bowtie in our hands, we were asked Do you know why a flower is like a ticking clock? We didn't have an answer and couldn't be sure what the Hatter's new riddle meant, but before we could ask, the Hatter had hopped out the door.
Design & Details
Our team of designers assumed that mentioning flowers meant they needed to think spring and from there, our Pretty Mad Hatter Costume blossomed. Starting with pastel colors and florals prints, the exclusive ensemble came together to create something special. With flowers in mind, a bell-sleeve jacket with stitched in ruffles was created in a pink fit for the prettiest bud. The Hatter's old bowtie was replaced with a fuller, bright-pink striped bow. A floral print fabric was used to create the scallop-edged shorts and large top hat that are sure to make anyone look like they're nestled in a garden bed.
When the Hatter stopped by to pick up their new look we waited with bated breath for a word of approval. The Hatter smirked at us and donned the new floral hat before skipping back out of the building. No words were said, but we were certain this garden-inspired look was the answer to the Hatter's mad riddle.
|1X||Sleeve Length||25 1/2"||65cm|
|1X||Shorts Waist||37" - 46"||94cm - 117cm|
|2X||Shorts Waist||40" - 49"||102cm - 124cm|
|2X||Shorts Length||15 1/2"||39cm|
|3X||Shorts Waist||44" - 53"||112cm - 135cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- So cute and surprisingly high quality!By HunnyBCosplay | July 10, 2021Height 5’ 4 1/2” | Weight 172.2 lbs. | Size 1XI got the 1X because the XL was sold out at the time, so it’s a little big on me, but I still absolutely love this costume!! I bought it for a cute Easter Bunny Girl character, and it worked perfectly. The only thing I didn’t love was the quality of the shirt, but the jacket is very well made and it’s just precious. I’ll also be using it as the White Rabbit and the originally intended Mad Hatter, it’s so versatile so I’ll definitely be getting my money’s worth!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Very cuteBy MissyBowlen | November 4, 2019I have learned awhile ago to always buy these costumes a size or 2 bigger then what you normally wear. So I did with this and happy I did it fit perfect. The quality of the fabric is a little cheap but loved the colors and the details.Was this review helpful to you?