Plus Size Bumble Bee Costume
- 100% polyester
- Black and yellow striped tunic w/ ties at neck for fitting
- Black mesh wings attached to back
- Foam stinger attached to back
- Black headpiece w/ tie under neck and fuzzy antennae attached at the top
- Elastic band in bottom of tunic
You know that term, “party animal?” Well, we think it is high time to upgrade it and start a new trend. Why not try on the label “party insect” for a bit?
No one knows how to party quite like a bee. You don’t believe us? Think about it for a minute. Bees are never found just hanging at home solo. Bees don’t binge watch Netflix; they are always buzzing around from one place to another, collecting sweets and stopping to smell the roses. Bees are also one of the few creatures that communicate by dancing, just like you! You can show everyone just how much you know about bee behavior (along with some special bumble bee moves) in this costume, although we're not actually sure if real bees know how to do the jitterbug like you do. Pity. That would be cute.
This outfit does have black and yellow stripes though, so you can be sure to fit in with all the other party insects at the hive. Along with the cute jumpsuit, you get an adorable little set of mesh wings to flit about in. The black headpiece ties under your neck and gives you fuzzy antennae at the top so you can put yourself out there like the party insect that you are! The buzz is there’s a big soiree down the street later on and they’re looking for someone to warm up the dance floor; go on, honey!
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 17, 2018Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | September 25, 2022Height 5'7" | Weight 210 | Size PlusThis costume is very cute. There seems to be two differnt costumes they sell under this listing. Mine did not have the ties on the shoulders as another purchaser mentioned. You will need a black turtle neck or mock turtle neck long sleve shirt to wear underneath. I wear a size 16 with a 1X top. I ordered the plus size and it runs small. It is not as long as advertised, it ia advertised as 35 inches so on me ot it should be just above my knee but it came to the bottom of my butt cheek...several inches shorter than advertised. The annentae are a pipe cleaner and are not sewn n so not realy ideal but if you tie the hood tight they might stay in place. Overall the suit is cute, it just isnt campletly as described but will work.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- HAPPY HALLOWEEN!By Anonymous | November 1, 2016I have to say this is by far my favorite costume in a very long time! Other reviews I read gave me pause about sizing so went with the plus size and it was very roomy. I wear a size 14 so I really believe an XL would have been fine. That being said the larger size allowed for "stuffing" to make my bee body nice and round. Also others stated the hat was hoopty but I found it perfect and very cute. I LOVE this costume and I highly recommend it and I will wear again.Was this review helpful to you?
- Cute- got lots of compliments!By Current Customer | January 1, 2016This isn't normally "my style" but it worked out perfect. I was fed up looking for a costume this year and "settled" on this one. I'm glad I did. I got lots of compliments and it really was fun! I did not like the hat, so I snipped the antennae off and put them on a headband instead. So glad I did that. I also dressed it up with fabulous makeup!!!Was this review helpful to you?
- It was a hitBy Rex | November 7, 2022This costume was a perfect fit and look. I won the costume contest. Great buy.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Lori Mills | November 2, 2022Height 210 lbs | Weight 210 lbsThis costume was super comfy and very cute! The material is of good quality! I received many compliments!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy J B | September 13, 2022Size PlusGood choice for plus size outfit.
Material is nice quality. Will be able to add layers (if cold outside) and still fit, but comfortable if indoors with short shirt and leggings.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Three StarsBy Anonymous | November 3, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 7, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 6, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 5, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 3, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 2, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | September 23, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Not as PicturedBy ScoutsMom | October 9, 2019Costume is okay, but be sure to read the description because it does differ from the picture. The shoulders are not full as shown, but are just ties. And the antennae are just small black puff balls on pipe cleaners. Hood was too big and mine was missing one of the little puff balls so I had to buy a separate headband with antennae.Was this review helpful to you?
- Two StarsBy Current Customer | November 19, 2018Very disappointed! The head piece was missing an antenna. Nothing I could do so close to Halloween but try to make an antenna.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | November 18, 2018Fits well, and is not bulky...Was this review helpful to you?
- Bumble Bee costumeBy Current Customer | November 17, 2018Perfect size, so comfortable really was a cute pick glad I went with it.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great qualityBy Lisac | November 8, 2018Well made, good materials. Very pleased.Was this review helpful to you?