Kids Pirate Mate Costume
- Vest/shirt combo
- Shoulder strap
- Waist sash
- Head scarf
- Boot covers
- 100% polyester
- White shirt w/ attached navy vest
- Brown pants w/ elastic waist are 52% polyester/48% cotton
- Maroon head scarf
- Striped blue & ivory waist sash
- Brown vinyl boot covers & bandolier
Ever since young Junior, here, first read about pirate ships, it’s been all you can do to keep him from running off to join a band of boat-loving brethren on the high seas. Just what you needed, eh?
Lucky for you, there is an ideal way for your little one to live out his dreams without even leaving the neighborhood to plunder and pillage (and...miss 2nd grade!) This Kids Pirate Mate Costume is about as authentic as they come, just add an eye-patch and sword and (optional) parrot. Your little matey will no doubt have a fun time making scallywaggers swab the deck, searching for chests of treasure, and embracing his fantasy life out on the ocean! He can put this costume on and pour over books on pirate’s code, or he can wear it to walk around the neighborhood pool and direct his “crew” to walk the plank into shark infested waters. Either way, he’ll be jolly and he’ll be home safe by dark; win-win!
After all, he may soon learn that being captain of such a mighty ship isn’t all head scarves, waist sashes, and boot covers, as this costume would suggest. Being in charge has its drawbacks, too. There are enemy ships chasing you, treasure maps that lead to nowhere, and unruly sailors. So maybe, in the end, he won’t quite mind getting to have his high-seas adventures and eat his cake--at home, after supper--too!
|Size 4||Child Size||XS-Kids 4||XS-Kids 4|
|Size 4||Shirt Length||18"||46cm|
|Size 4||Waist||18" - 22"||46cm - 56cm|
|Size 4||Pants Length||15"||38cm|
|Size 6||Child Size||S-Kids 6||S-Kids 6|
|Size 6||Shirt Length||19"||48cm|
|Size 6||Waist||20" - 26"||51cm - 66cm|
|Size 6||Pants Length||16"||41cm|
|Size 8||Child Size||M-Kids 8||M-Kids 8|
|Size 8||Shirt Length||21"||53cm|
|Size 8||Waist||22" - 30"||56cm - 76cm|
|Size 8||Pants Length||23"||58cm|
|Size 10||Child Size||L-Kids 10||L-Kids 10|
|Size 10||Shirt Length||22"||56cm|
|Size 10||Waist||22" - 32"||56cm - 81cm|
|Size 10||Pants Length||24"||61cm|
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 21, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Runs SmallBy Niven | May 3, 2016I bought this for my 10-year-old son who is already rather small for his age. I used a measuring tape, and fallowed the sizing guide. It said that my son would fit a size 6 perfect. While the costume is wearable, the shirt is a little tight and falls right at his waist line. The vest part isn't much longer. The pants aren't baggy at all, like what is shown in the picture, and they stop at my son's knees, not bellow. My son and I are both rather short for our ages too. Surprisingly the chest strap was WAY too big, and just hangs very loose far past his waist line. I'm going to have to do some sewing to get it to where it'll stay on my son's shoulder. The chest strap is also held together by a small piece of bad velcro. I'll need to replace it with a couple of actual buttons. There's also no way these boot cover would reach an average height child's knees. While being a little small it is wearable, and everything else can be fixed with some minor sewing. For what I paid I was expecting something of better quality. Nothing amazing, but this is more like a $16 costume from Wal-Mart. I feel a little robbed.Was this review helpful to you?