Women's Scottish Lassie Costume
- Women's Scottish Lassie Costume
- 100% polyester
- Dress has fitted bodice with back zipper
- Be sure to arrange the attached scarf before slipping the dress on.
- Dress has deep green "chemise" top and a pleated ivory skirt to finish the look
- Scottish "Tam" (hat) is plaid with a pompom and loops to bobby pin it to your hair
- Belt is made of black vinyl with a large buckle
- Pouch or "Sporran" is made of the same vinyl with a cording strap to go across the body and two jaunty tassels
- Pouch has a snap closure and three jaunty tassels so you'll be in the true scottish style
- Dress has plaid ties at the elbows
Have you ever wanted visit the Scottish Highlands? It's a place where history still lives. If you play your cards right you'll end up in a traffic jam, that is you'll wait ten minutes on a country lane waiting for a flock of sheep to make their way back home. Sure, people in Scotland have all of the modern conveniences we have everywhere else but tradition seems to live on there better than most places. Who knows why, maybe it's the weather?
It's not hard to find traditional music in the highlands, people get together on their tin whistles, fiddles, and of course, bagpipes just for fun, forget if there is an audience in the pub or not. Speaking of the pubs it's easy to get caught up in the old world vibe when you step into a Scottish pub and they're still heating the place with a peat fire. The aged plant matter that's been dug up from local bars gives off an unforgettable scent, it's the same scent that gives a good Scotch it's particular earthy flavor. To get that Scottish sensation without the airfare, try this costume on for size, you'll be quoting Bobby Burns poetry in no time.
With all the tradition that's still thriving in the highlands it's no wonder that people such as yourself are drawn to the tartan. Those Scottish roots are worth reconnecting to. When you're dressed as a highland lass, you'll not only feel connected but you're 99.9 percent more likely to be asked to take part in one of those legendary highland dances. Just be sure let out a hearty "slàinte" before you step into your first reel.
|Small||Length (shoulder to hem)||38"||97cm|
|Medium||Length (shoulder to hem)||38"||97cm|
|Large||Length (shoulder to hem)||38"||97cm|
|X-Large||Length (shoulder to hem)||38"||97cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | January 30, 2022Was this review helpful to you?
- SheerBy Rebecca | October 4, 2021Height 5'8" | Size MediumThe costume fit great. I followed the measurements and everything fit well. The top is very thick, so if you wear this when it is really hot out, be prepared to sweat. The biggest problem I had was the skirt. Now, the whole thing is a dress, but the bottom (skirt) of the dress is COMPLETELY SHEER. No part of the plaid sash covers your behind, so you have to wear shorts or leggings underneath.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?