Plus Size Braveheart Women's Warrior Costume
- Chest Armor
- Kilt W/ Attached Sash
- Tunic: 100% polyester kilt/skirt: 93% polyester, 5% rayon, 2% spandex
- Faux linen tunic
- Faux leather chest armor with foam backing for shape
- Patterned metal studs on chest armor
- Kilt has elastic waistband w/ unfinished hem
- Sash sewn to kilt, wraps around body
- Faux leather belt, shoulder strap, and gauntlet
- Officially licensed, exclusive!
Wallace, How Your Warriors Get Down Like That
William Wallace was great at amping up his Scottish forces before battles. The Scots were already excited to fight for freedom but when he came on the scene, they just erupted with energy. But just imagine if Wallace had access to all the exciting songs about Independence and Freedom that we have these days. Can you imagine playing the Destiny's Child song, "Independent Woman" while partying in the 1300s? Or what would it be like to watch the armies line up to meet the English to the Queen song "I Want to Break Free". His forces are already legendary but if they had had access to those songs and loudspeakers, the English might have handed over independence simply because the Scots had the style points! In the meantime, you can play all your favorite freedom songs while applying the famous blue paint to your face this Halloween. What better way to amp yourself up to give one of those famous William Wallace pep talks?
Design & Details
This licensed Braveheart costume will have you crying, "Freedom!". Made by Us, this high-quality ensemble is a look that you'll be able to wear again and again. The costume consists of an earthy plaid kilt and a sash that looks like it drapes around one shoulder. It actually attaches to the faux leather chest armor that's layered underneath. A faux leather belt, shoulder strap, and soft spiked arm gauntlet will make you look ready for battle, even before you put that intimidating blue makeup on.
Meet You on the Moors
What makes Braveheart so iconic even without any sick songs you can get down to? Is it the tragic love story? The classic story of the underdog? Or perhaps the wide shots of the rough and tumble Scottish armies gathered on the windswept moors sticks in your memory. No matter what your favorite part of Braveheart might be, you'll feel part of this iconic movie when you're wearing this historic look!
|1X||Tunic Chest||47 1/2"||121cm|
|1X||Tunic Length||24 1/2"||62cm|
|1X||Vest Chest||47 1/2"||121cm|
|2X||Tunic Chest||51 1/2"||131cm|
|2X||Drape Length||26 1/2"||67cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Overall a great costumeBy TR | January 20, 2023Height 5'6" | Weight 220 | Size 2XI needed a Celtic type costume. This fit the bill for the most part. The kilt is made out of nice fabric and longish so no worries about exposing parts you don't want to! The sash is attached to the kilt and velcros to the shoulder of the black "armor" (which is a little funky/bulky) which is nice to have just one piece for that part of the costume... the description also said that the "armor" has "patterned metal studs" which I thought meant actual metal studs but there weren't any. The tunic fabric is very scratchy, like burlap, and the darts at the bust are weird (kind of pointy but I guess if they're under the vest it's not such a big deal) so I'll be replacing that with something more lightweight/cooler. The belt is thin and the shoulder strap is pretty wrinkled and not sure if I'll be able to make that work... not even sure how it's supposed to be worn but I'll figure something out. Going to add a celtic pin at the shoulder to give it a little extra authenticity. The kilt does not have an elastic waistband per the description but rather a side zipper with a fixed waist and the hem was actually finished. I wear a size 20/22 and got the 2XL and that worked.Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled Overall a great costume Yes (0) Vote No on the review titled Overall a great costume No (0)
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 24, 2021Was this review helpful to you?