Women's Plus Sized Viking Goddess Costume
- Overlay w/ Attached Belt
- Dress: 97% polyester, 3% spandex, vest: 100% polyester stretch velvet, faux fur & faux leather
- Pullover velvet dress has off-shoulder neckline edged w/ geometric brocade ribbon
- Dress has cord-laced thigh-high slit in right side seam
- Faux leather overlay has back zipper, distressed finish
- Apron has attached chain belt w/ antique-brass-tone metal medallions
- Stole is long-pile luxury faux fur w/ hook & loop fastener
- Helmet and weapon shown in photo are each sold separately
- Exclusively, made by us!
R-E-S-P-E-C-T, find out what it means to Viking deities. Mostly, respect meant keeping your head high, keeping the whining to a minimum and fighting til the end. If Viking warriors could do that than they would be carried to Valhalla by a type of Norse goddess called a Valkyrie. Sweet deal, eh?
The goddesses of the Vikings had it together, at least compared to the gods. They never kidnapped people, plotted violent events, or schemed to make the other gods feud with each other. The Valkyries focused on getting their important jobs done and hit up the mead hall in after hours. Hmm, sounds similar to human women in the modern era. And when Valhalla got too loud and violent? Who'd have thought a heavenly mead hall full of Viking warriors would be loud and violent? The Valkyries would seek some peace and quiet on earth, swooping into battles on their flying horses surrounded by ravens that they could communicate with. That doesn't sound like a bad gig.
It's easy to channel your inner fierce goddess for your next costumed event. Lucky for you, Odin has blessed us mere mortals with a perfectly balanced costume that's at once cozy and sexy. In velvet and faux fur, you'll be ready to patrol the wind-blown battlefields of Norway while the off the shoulder dress with thigh high skirt slit makes you ready to party in Valhalla. Talk about versatility! The faux leather armor will let those warriors know you're no one to be messed with, even Thor has to lay some respect down for this Valkyrie.
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
- Great Quality, Poor SizingBy shanshay | October 31, 2019I really like the quality of this costume, but the fitment is absolutely insane. I matched up with the size guide listed for 1X, but when I tried it on it was at least 3 sizes too big. Luckily I know how to sew and was able to tailor it to my body. I really think the sizing and fitment on this costume needs to be reevaluated. Anyways I did win best costume at my workplace so that was a plus!Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled Great Quality, Poor Sizing Yes (1) Vote No on the review titled Great Quality, Poor Sizing No (0)
- Runs Really BigBy Carol G Herrera | October 6, 2022Height 5' | Size 1XBeautiful costume, but it runs very large. I ordered the 1X based on bust size, and the dress fell off of me.Was this review helpful to you?
- Cheap material disintegrated, weird measurementsBy Valerie | September 30, 2022Height 5' 9" | Weight 295 lb | Size 2XI originally ordered this as a 3X based on my body measurements. The red dress part of it was extremely too big and wouldn't stay up/on (it's strapless off the shoulder). So I returned it and got a 2X. The 2X red dress part fits fine, but the brown bodice piece is a little too snug across my chest. It is also made of incredibly cheap material and has black faux-leather strips sewn into it vertically. I tried to shift the bodice when it was on and the material just disintegrated at the stitching where the black faux-leather strips are. Then just from moving around it did the same thing in two other places! On top of the bodice measurements not matching the red dress, it has a really weird cut to it and the straps of it are way too long. I'm really disappointed in this costume because it looks really nice, but it's not made very well. And it's overpriced.Bottom Line No, I would not recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 23, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 16, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Need to alterBy Kristi | September 25, 2020Height 5’ 1” | Weight 225 | Size 2XThe dress is beautiful & well made. The length is perfect. The top is definitely a bit too loose. I will just add a stitch or two.
The vest is a little snug but it will work....once I shorten the straps. The belt did come apart right out of the packaging. I just reconnected the chain by the loop.
I read the other reviews before purchasing & I have to say they were mostly on point. I liked it enough to give it a shot. Hoping my small alterations will work bc I really do like it overall.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Not worth the moneyBy Nicole | November 19, 2018The bagels broke off right away. I had to use players to fix it. And the “armor” part didn’t fit but if I got the bigger size the dress would be overly big. Very disappointed in itWas this review helpful to you?
- Loved the dressBy Zydeco69 | November 5, 2018The dress was very nice quality. It fit perfect length wise but way too big up top. The vest was a joke. Not made well at all. The belt kept falling off of it. I had to sew it on better. There was a rip in the seam and the Vest was very tight. I just wore the dress with the shawl.Was this review helpful to you?Vote Yes on the review titled Loved the dress Yes (0) Vote No on the review titled Loved the dress No (0)Monster Responds...Hello! Thank you so much for your input. I do apologize that the vest had issues with it. I have reached out to you through your e-mail address on the order, to attempt to resolve this with you. Please be aware, for future reference, that we are available to take care of any concerns you might have on any order. You can reach us via chat, e-mail or phone, whichever you prefer. Thanks again!
- Size is oddBy Current Customer | October 3, 2018The dress was too big, but the top was too small.Was this review helpful to you?