Man in a Gorilla Cage Costume
- Gorilla Suit w/ Head, Hands, and Feet
- Cage Pieces
- 100% polyester faux fur
- Gorilla jumpsuit is covered in black faux fur
- Fastens w/ Hook and Loop fastener
- Man in a Gorilla Cage Costume
- Attached mask, hands and feet also covered in faux fur
- Opening at waist
- Cage measures 26 1/2'' tall and secures to suit with pegs
- Instructive booklet with pictures is included
- For best results stuff costume
- Costume is not recommend for persons over 6'5'' or over 240 lbs.
- Please note: costume does not include the person's shirt, pants, or boots
The year is 3586 (you ever wonder if writers just make up random numbers or have meanings behind the date they pick? Anyway, 3586 it is) and with some recent breakthroughs in science, we have accidentally injected a group of apes with a super genius serum and they have worked to take control of the world.
With the new gorilla overlords having taken over the planet and leaving us humans as the lesser beings, the laws of the world have begun to change to fit their needs. All homes must be built in a tree nest, the forests will be vigorously replanted over all paved roads to make for better vine swinging commutes (we'd be pretty okay with that one), and finally, but most importantly, it is illegal to steal bananas.
Well, look what you went and did now. You stole a few too many bananas from the farm you were working on and now they're going to carry you off to the high court and you're going to be stuck somewhere in a human zoo for the rest of your life. At least you don't have to walk all the way. This Trapped in a Gorilla Cage Costume is a perfect prank to pull at all times. Maybe you could even wear it to a zoo and see what the other gorillas do. We do hope that the zookeepers see through the illusion fast enough so they don't try to come to your aid! This costume is perfect for Halloween or a jungle themed party.
Show us how you're creating unforgettable Halloween memories with #funcostumes.
Be the first to be featured! Follow @funcostumes and tag us with #funcostumes.
- Aweseome!!! But ReadBy Anonymous | May 27, 2016I bought this last year for Halloween and WOW everyone was impressed and the little kids couldn't figure it out. This will need some things to make it look better.
1. I used burlap twine around the joints of the cage to make it look more realistic.
2. I used balloons that I blew up to make his body look huge and makes his arms look massive with hardly no weight.
3. For the head I went to a hobby lobby and bought a Styrofoam head with a dowel rod.
4. The harness the kit comes with is worthless.I used a Military Molle system from the Military and modify it to work.
I hope this info helps you out, I posted a picture.Was this review helpful to you?Monster Responds...What a great photo, and thank you for these helpful tips! We love that you impressed everyone, and confused the young kiddos. Great work, thanks again!
- Best Halloween Costume I've Ever HadBy Anonymous | November 20, 2017I thought people would probably like this costume, but I wasn't prepared for quite the level of attention I got. It's a deeply pleasing illusion. It's not like it *fools* most people for long... your average grown-up can figure out what's going on. But the illusion works so well that it constantly tempts you to believe in it, even if you're wearing the suit. Lots of people asked to take my picture, and I briefly became a celebrity at my son's kindergarten. It's not the most *comfortable* costume in the world: I really had my head jammed up against the top of the cage. And it really killed my lower back after a while. But it was worth it!
The quality of materials in this costume is pretty good, but you should be warned that a decent amount of assembly is required. I also had to run out and buy a significant amount of bubble wrap, since the costume depends on the gorilla and the fake legs being filled out to look like somebody's inside them. I'd also recommend stuffing the gorilla's hands themselves with tissue paper... I didn't do that, and it wasn't a big deal, but they looked unrealistic compared to everything else.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great Costume i have ever used!By Anonymous | September 17, 2017Te title said everything , great and unique costume tat everybody wants!
check the photo :)Was this review helpful to you?
- man in a gorailla cageBy shelly | September 5, 2013A little hard to put together but amazing costume it helped me win !st place at my school's costume contestWas this review helpful to you?
- First Place!!By tsimshianman | October 27, 2013This was a real challenge to put together just right for me. I am 6'1 at 220 pounds so it was a tight fit. I had to modify the cage a bit and fortify all the joints with twine so it was sturdy. I also changed the top part so I could stand upright inside the cage. I attended a Fireman's masquerade dance of 450 people and won first place! I was treated like a Rock star all night. People wanting their picture with me, so many compliments.Was this review helpful to you?
- Pain in the butt & low quality - not worth the time or money - return department was very nice thougBy Erica | November 2, 2019The whole costume had an odor when unpacked - maybe from the plastic wrapping. Some bits of something (packing debris? cardboard crumbs?) were scattered throughout the gorilla fur, which was messy and annoying to get off. The fur was shedding off the costume like crazy, sometimes in big clumps, making a mess on the floor. There were missing parts too. It's supposed to come with 2 bags, each having different thicknesses, so you can use the peg that best fits the holes to account for the humidity affecting the size of the holes in the poles. The single bag that was included didn't have enough pegs for me to finish the cage or attach the head/shoulders. It was also missing the filler bag. Even if the costume was of better quality, and even if it had all the parts, it is a super pain in the butt to put together, confusing and time consuming. If you really must have this, make sure you give yourself plenty of time to assemble it and try to put it on (if you dare put this yucky thing over your body) so you have your act together when the time comes. It's not as easy as some videos or pictures make it look! If you are cutting it close time-wise, have a back-up costume ready to go! Oh... and there was a warning on it that it contains leads which can cause cancer. Yeeeeaah... no. Returning it was not an issue - but it was no fun spending more of my time disassembling, re-packing and dropping it off to ship.Was this review helpful to you?
- Little smallBy Jim | October 26, 2019Great costume for a small person. I am 5'9" and 180 lbs and this costume is maxed out. Not real comfortable for more than an hour. There is no way to actually wear the gorilla feet that co.w with it. I cut the bottom out of them and wore them like shoe covers. Costume looks great but it's a struggle to wear.Was this review helpful to you?
- I love itBy Current Customer | January 9, 2018WowWas this review helpful to you?
- Two StarsBy Lesley dwyer | July 14, 2015Incomplete parts therefore had to send backWas this review helpful to you?