Animal CostumesMORE FROM THIS CATEGORY:
Bug CostumesMORE FROM THIS CATEGORY:
Toddler Monarch Princess Costume
- This product has restrictions that limit the countries that we can ship to. Details
Shipping Destination Restrictions This product has restrictions that limit the countries that we can ship to. This product cannot be shipped to Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden or United Kingdom.
Ah the Monarch butterfly, nature's way of saying "Hey, I am gorgeous in even the smallest ways." Perhaps the most famous butterfly in the world, easily spotted, always a delight to see one. Monarch butterflies are beautiful and graceful. Not only that, but they have those bright orange wings to tell predators that they taste gross. And they do! Don't ever eat a butterfly (although that should probably be a rule even if the Monarch butterflies didn't taste bad. Why are you going around eating butterflies all the time?). Each and every year, millions of Monarch butterflies migrate across the United States. Where are they all going? We'll never know (well, scientists know, but we prefer to think they're too magical to ever be truly known).
And you've got your own butterfly, don't you! Sure, she's not the "monarch" necessarily. That's reserved for the queen. But she's already a princess in your eyes, and she's more beautiful and graceful than any butterfly. With this outfit she can become the most radiant butterfly out there. The monarch butterfly princess! You can already picture her skipping across the yard in this, can't you? Chasing a butterfly with her wand, wholeheartedly explaining that she is their princess so they should stop and say hello. In fact, you should probably take her to the nearest butterfly garden ASAP because she will certainly lose herself in that magic for several hours. And the best part is, even though now she's fully devoted to being a Monarch butterfly, she won't migrate away from you for years to come, so these beautiful memories will just keep building and building, like a cocoon you can wrap yourself in... hey, butterflies emerge from cocoons!
- 100% polyester
- Pull-over dress stretches to fit
- Yellow and gold print on front gives the look of a butterfly
- Layered tulle skirt
- Wings fit with elastic bands and have gold and yellow details
- Plastic wand has butterfly emblem on top and ribbons along sides
- Silver metal tiara fits in hair with comb
* The M fits my toddler fine, and I should be able to get a long sleeve shirt under it (necessary because it probably won't be warm enough in my area at Halloween). For reference, she usually fits a 3T, and has 22" chest and 20" waist.
* She _loves_ the wand
* It looks adorable
* It wasn't too difficult getting on her (over the head, but the material is a little stretchy so it more or less worked without too many complaints).
* The butterfly pattern is only on one side of the wings, so its completely black from the back. Weird. :/
* I'm guessing it's the tulle skirt's fault or maybe the plastic orange butterfly pattern on the dress, but the laundering instructions are spot clean only. No washing. No dry clean. I guess we'll have to be super careful until Halloween is over, and then just see what happens, but how is a difficult to wash garment a good idea for a little kid? Baffling. Luckily it doesn't smell like dye or anything particularly awful, so it doesn't require a wash before wearing it, so I guess it will do.