Plus Size 50s Sweetheart Costume
- 100% polyester fleece, velour & knit mesh
- Cropped short-sleeved pullover velour top
- Top has black sequin knit neck band & sleeve edging
- Black fleece skirt has sequined elastic waistband
- Silver sequined leash and white flannel poodle w/ pink ribbon bow appliqued on front
- Black mesh scarf has white polka dots
- Scarf can be tied either in hair or around neck
We've been working on our jive, Daddy-O, and you should too! Nothing makes dress-up as fun as when you're acting it out, playing the part. Put a set of white-walled tires on your hot rod and cruise through town looking for the hottest spot to park you wheels. Accessorize with a pair of cat's eye glasses to really nail that 50s style. This outfit is demure and provocative all in one, an air of mystery surrounding that cute poodle pup and when you spin, well... that black poodle skirt will float like the crooning lyrics of a slow song at the Enchantment Under the Sea dance. Relive an era of classic American culture and look great doing it. Marilyn Monroe's got nothing on you, baby!
So get ready for the sock hop, you cool cat! Put away that phone and throw out those designer jeans, because we're going back to the age of 50s Americana. The poodle skirt is a classic look captured in a simpler time (okay, being at the sock hop and wondering if your crush will ask you to dance has never been simple, but go with us on this). That pink will pop at any party. You'll make the scene and every greaser will wonder about how you got to be the heppest cat this side of the Cadillac. This ain't no Mickey Mouse Club get-up for some square from Nowheresville. These threads are far out, ya dig? So take that 50s night on the town to cloud 9 while looking absolutely like wow!
|1X||Chest||45" - 48"||114cm - 122cm|
|1X||Waist||32" - 44"||81cm - 112cm|
|2X||Shirt Length||22 1/2"||57cm|
|2X||Waist||30" - 50"||76cm - 127cm|
|2X||Skirt Length||25 1/2"||65cm|
|3X||Shirt Length||22 1/2"||57cm|
|3X||Waist||32" - 56"||81cm - 142cm|
- Five StarsBy Elegance by Eé Lise | June 2, 2015Cute and comfortable. Received loads of compliments. Even won in the costume competition!!!Was this review helpful to you?
- 50's sweetheart costumeBy CBlair | October 24, 2021Size 2XFit well with enough stretch to be comfortable. Perfect length. Fit well.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 17, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Plus-size Grease CostumeBy Current Customer | October 17, 2021Height 5'5 1/2" | Weight 330 | Size 3XIt fits well but word of warning is meant for warmer climates. Definitely not for warm, sunny LA.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 14, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 12, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Two StarsBy Current Customer | November 21, 2018Skirt fit fine. The shirt was the issue. It was way to short.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Current Customer | November 19, 2018Wore this to a Halloween party. It fit well and true to size. Very cute and everyone loved it.Was this review helpful to you?
- shirt is very shortBy ShellyHoward | August 24, 2018I ordered this in a 3xl to try and get the longest shirt possible. I am 5'9, big boobs, well this shirt just went past my boobs.. ugh.. really.. so i put the skirt on to see how bad it looks with it up that high... i could not pull that off.. looks horrible... the shirt is as low as it shows in the picture.. not a inch longer...Was this review helpful to you?
- Love the skirtBy Current Customer | August 26, 2016The top is too tight though. And the sequins around the arm holes very itchy.Was this review helpful to you?