Sock Hop Cutie Women's Costume
- Main body: 100% polyester, collar & cuff: 96% polyester, 4% cotton, lining: 100% polyester, mesh: 100% nylon
- Dress has back zipper
- Styled as skirt & blouse, decorative buttons on front
- Appliqued poodle & leash on skirt
- Belt is faux leather w/ cloth "buckle," hook and loop closure in back
- Tie scarf as desired
- Exclusively, made by us!
Doesn't it seem unfair that the people of the fifties used to go to dances almost weekly while high schoolers these days only have three to four dances a year? Old timers are eager to criticize today's youth for their lack of formal dance training but of course, kid's aren't going to learn the fox trot when they only get together once every quarter.
The thing is, it's pretty fun to know a couple dance moves, especially when it comes to swing dancing! While shimming and waving your hands in the air under the speckled lights of the dance floor is just fine, the people of the fifties had their public dances down to an art. An onlooker could watch couples spinning each other with ease and grace, shuffling together in group dance-offs, even flipping each other into the air, that is if they could keep themselves from joining in! With all that flipping, it's no wonder that kids were expected to take off their hard-soled shoes, no one wants a Mary Jane to the face when they're pulling off a White Russian aerial.
Whether you're headed to a sock hop, you've scored a part in a local musical, or you're celebrating Halloween in that 50's style. This ensemble has an electric blue poodle skirt with a tulle hem that matches the polka dot shirt with a peter pan collar and cuffed sleeves. Just be sure you've got on your anklet socks and a high ponytail with the blue kerchief and you'll be ready to rock around the clock!
|Small||Dress Length||38 1/4"||97cm|
|Medium||Dress Length||38 1/4"||97cm|
|Large||Sleeve Length||12 1/2"||32cm|
|Large||Dress Length||38 1/2"||98cm|
|X-Large||Sleeve Length||12 1/2"||32cm|
|X-Large||Dress Length||38 1/2"||98cm|
We believe that costumes have the power to create some of life's best moments. That's why we started Made by Us. This diverse selection of costumes and accessories are all artfully designed and expertly crafted by our talented team of artists, designers, and developers.
Each project begins with a passion for true quality–embroidered patches, faux fur cut with care, and hand-selected fabrics that are as durable as they are comfortable. Those are just a few examples of how much craft and creativity we put into each and every product. Just for you.
No matter how much time it takes, our goal has always remained the same–to create products that inspire your life's best moments–the big, the small, the funny, the spooky, and the sweet. The moments we all cherish. That's Made by Us.
Please reference our return page and see if your costume is eligible for returns!
- Terrific outfitBy Current Customer | May 18, 2018Great costume for the price. Fit perfect and crinoline slip helped to fill out the skirt.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | November 3, 2022Size X-LargeCute outfits!Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | October 28, 2022Very nice and well made costume. I’m 5’3 and 130lbs and I ordered a large. It was a little big but not noticeable. My preschool kiddos really loved the poodle on the skirt and I received lots of compliments throughout the day.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 16, 2022Height 5’9” | Weight 180 | Size X-LargeI received several compliments on the costume. the Velcro on the belt could work better.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Dorothy | March 6, 2022Size MediumI'm 5' 1" & weigh 115 lbs. The medium size dress fit perfectly.Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | January 20, 2022Was this review helpful to you?
- Four StarsBy Anonymous | October 26, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Anonymous | September 30, 2021Was this review helpful to you?
- Sock hop costumeBy Happy Mon | October 21, 2019Was upset to find out going into a store that I paid $30 for a scarf and jacket and nothing else. So I promised my 11 year old I would find her a costume. In my search for what we wanted for her was too expensive. sshe opted for another costume for the 50s. I found the sock hop costume for a reasonable price so I ordered it. Said it wouldn't be here until the 29th. I got home today and there it was laying on my doorstep. My daughter tried it in and it fit just right. Thank you for a full costume and a reasonable price.Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Paulette | October 18, 2019Very happy with my costume, a friend got one in another color from another store and paid more money and hers is not the quality of mine!Was this review helpful to you?
- Five StarsBy Current Customer | March 19, 2019Was this review helpful to you?
- poodle skirt costumeBy Current Customer | May 23, 2018better than expectedWas this review helpful to you?